Oracle's SQLDeveloper broken script execution

• Right now I'm sitting here in my work computer without being able to do any copy/pasting because of this:

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2pspn6f.png[/IMG]

When running a long script in SQLDeveloper, on each step a selection is made, thus not allowing me to select anything anywhere else.

Stupid!

•  Ah, from the UI Automation school of thought.

• First time hering about this.

• @Nagesh said:

First time herring about this.

FTFY.

• Copy pasta

• Ah, it probably selects the next SQL command, copies it to the clipboard, (prints it, places it on a wooden table, ???, profit), pastes it into a (hidden) command window and executes it there. At least that's how I would have written it, it's the only sane way to ensure only one statement runs at a time, so they don't get into each other's way.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Anonymouse said:

it's the only sane way to ensure only one statement runs at a time, so they don't get into each other's way.
    TRWTF is that Oracle is such shit that it may very well puke if you hand it a wad of statements in one command.

• @Someone You Know said:

@Nagesh said:

First time herring about this.

FTFY.

It's a reallt shitty software applecation.

• @Anonymouse said:

Ah, it probably selects the next SQL command, copies it to the clipboard, (prints it, places it on a wooden table, ???, profit), pastes it into a (hidden) command window and executes it there. At least that's how I would have written it, it's the only sane way to ensure only one statement runs at a time, so they don't get into each other's way.

I'm more of a POSIX guy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Windows probably has something that's enough like a pipe that you don't need to pretend the clipboard is one.

• @Vanders said:

@Anonymouse said:
    Ah, it probably selects the next SQL command, copies it to the clipboard, (prints it, places it on a wooden table, ???, profit), pastes it into a (hidden) command window and executes it there. At least that's how I would have written it, it's the only sane way to ensure only one statement runs at a time, so they don't get into each other's way.

I'm more of a POSIX guy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Windows probably has something that's enough like a pipe that you don't need to pretend the clipboard is one.

It's a java program, and it behaves the same way on Linux. I doubt it's doing anything clipboard related, though they may not be storing the buffer elsewhere for evaluation purposes. It's really an interactive environment for running stuff. I wonder what the OP is really up to.

•  sigh The ancient art of irony detection truely appears to be utterly lost...

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.