Are you purchasing storege space from cloud base services?

• I am think of paying $5.00 to Google for meking purchase of 5GB of cloud space. That is about Rs. 250.00 in my curency.

• for that amount I can give you unlimited space on dreamhost. Of course, if you want something else besides sftp or ssh to transfer files is up to you to install on it. On the other hand, with that money on my country at best you have a very very limited server with 1G.

• @spamcourt said:

for that amount I can give you unlimited space on dreamhost. Of course, if you want something else besides sftp or ssh to transfer files is up to you to install on it. On the other hand, with that money on my country at best you have a very very limited server with 1G.

FYI, Dreamhost also allows using WebDAV.

Nagesh, you should also check Amazon's S3 pricing. The tradeoff is that it's more of a pain to upload/download files (you can't use normal FTP software, but there are tons of freeware utilities to help you with that), and it works best with large files. However, the good thing is that you can host pages on S3, and also you can easily serve your data using Amazon as a fast Content Delivery Network, if you're ever in need of one.

Check their calculator. I dunno how many request you're planning to make, but it looks like, unless you're making shitloads of request, 5 GB falls into the free usage tier and doesn't cost a cent. Unsure about availability in India, though.

• @blakeyrat said:

FYI, Dreamhost also allows using WebDAV.

Yep, but I reserved that for the $1.5 expansion pack.

• @spamcourt said:

for that amount I can give you unlimited space on dreamhost. Of course, if you want something else besides sftp or ssh to transfer files is up to you to install on it. On the other hand, with that money on my country at best you have a very very limited server with 1G.

for 5$, you give me unlimited storege space? what is dremhost?

• @Nagesh said:

But you may as well hire them bypassing me.

• Also, look at Amazon like Blakey said a couple of post before.

•  @spamcourt said:

@Nagesh said:

But you may as well hire them bypassing me.

i am now loking at website, but it is $8.95 every month. how is that helpfull?