Forget cornify



  • Remy Porter, if you read this, they have a sucessor.



  • ohmygod. I am going to add this to every intranet page I can.

    Thanks for the link!!!
















  • Is there a way to add this to my browser's default stylesheet so I can have Pinky Pie on every webpage ever? Because I think I need that.

    Oh man, Nightmare Moon even has her starry background effect: How awesome is this?



  • rofl_hickup_pinkie_pie_left.gif



  • @Xyro said:

    ohmygod. I am going to add this to every intranet page I can.

    Thanks for the link!!!














    This one must be part cuttlefish.



  • @frits said:

    @Xyro said:

    This one must be part cuttlefish.

    Cuttlefish and unicorns are my favorite animals. They aren't too great as pets, but they are my favorite animals.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Pinky

    Grr.

    @blakeyrat said:

    Nightmare Moon even has her starry background effect

    Not sure if paraspriting... but that's her mane and tail.



  • @Spectre said:

    @blakeyrat said:
    Nightmare Moon even has her starry background effect

    Not sure if paraspriting... but that's her mane and tail.

    Maaaybe? I always assumed it was some sort of magic aura, since it doesn't move at all like hair. Unless she was underwater... or something? ... but then again if that theory is correct she has no mane or tail at all, which would be weird, so... hm.

    I dunno what the hell that thing is.

    EDIT: it's the same "stuff" the Ursa Minor monster is made of. So there!



  • I actually never considered it to be a mane and tail until now. it's "waveyness" is pretty much the same as Celestia's mane/tail so it makes sense.



  • @Xyro said:



     

     

    Why does this remind me of Mega Man? IMMA CHARGIN MAH PONY BUSTER...

     



  • @BC_Programmer said:

    I actually never considered it to be a mane and tail until now. it's "waveyness" is pretty much the same as Celestia's mane/tail so it makes sense.

    BUT consider this! When Nightmare Moon turns back into Princess Luna, she has a normal mane and tail. Which means the magic aura thing is a result of being in charge of moving the moon, not her hair. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

    One of the things I find most charming about the show is its fairy tale logic, where every natural event is in fact done manually by someone. They manually have to move the clouds for sun or rain, they manually have to remove all the snow when winter ends, they manually have to drag the sun and moon around. They even have to manually construct bird nests because the birds are spoiled jerks, apparently, who don't do any work on their own. (Oh wait maybe that explains the jerk rabbit that Shutterfly has to deal with-- he's just spoiled.)



  • @blakeyrat said:

    One of the things I find most charming about the show is its fairy tale logic, where every natural event is in fact done manually by someone. They manually have to move the clouds for sun or rain, they manually have to remove all the snow when winter ends, they manually have to drag the sun and moon around. They even have to manually construct bird nests because the birds are spoiled jerks, apparently, who don't do any work on their own. (Oh wait maybe that explains the jerk rabbit that [b]Shutterfly[/b] has to deal with-- he's just spoiled.)

    So you watched enough of the show to know all that, but you still don't know how to spell the names of the main characters?



  • @Spectre said:

    So you watched enough of the show to know all that, but you still don't know how to spell the names of the main characters?

    I blame my dyslexia. Also I have a good friend who works at the clip-art site, so...

    It did bring up this video on YouTube, though. Guest-starring the irrationally angry bunny.



  • I am never sure if the new ponies are supposed to be a kids' cartoon or an adult swim cartoon.

    They all so overtly psychiatrically messed up.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    BUT consider this! When Nightmare Moon turns back into Princess Luna, she has a normal mane and tail. Which means the magic aura thing is a result of being in charge of moving the moon, not her hair. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
     

     

    But... Luna was in "charge" of moving the moon before bitterness and jealousy over everybody liking the daytime and sleeping through the night transformed her into Nightmare moon, at which point Celestia was all "K I gonna raise the sun nau" and Nightmare was all "nuh uh". So she didn't really control the moon, all she did both times was refuse to move it so the sun could come up. maybe there isn't really a good fridge logic that can apply for the mane-cloud star thing. Maybe the artists just thought it looked badass. Because it does.

     

    One of the things I find most charming about the show is its fairy tale
    logic, where every natural event is in fact done manually by someone

    except of course for the everfree forest! That's why it's so scary. animals care for themselves! Clouds move ALL ON THEIR OWN. GET IN THE FUCKING CAR.

     

    They even have to manually construct bird nests because the birds are spoiled jerks

    Hell they have to go GET the birds themselves, too. The ponies get something out of it. There was a ham sandwich in one scene, which probably raises more questions than it answers.

     



  • @BC_Programmer said:

    But... Luna was in "charge" of moving the moon before bitterness and jealousy over everybody

    *everypony

    @BC_Programmer said:

    Maybe the artists just thought it looked badass.

    *badflank

    @BC_Programmer said:

    One of the things I find most charming about the show is its fairy tale
    logic, where every natural event is in fact done manually by someone

    *hoovely by somepony

    Pedantic Prickhayery of the day


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.