Ok I know playing with the tags is the thing to do... but...



  • Ok I know playing with the tags is the thing to do... but...

    Would it be possible for someone to remove all of the tags with ASCII > 127? Especially whatever tag has the "reverse text direction" character in it, it really really fucks up editing tags.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

     Alex is going to read this and nuke the tags again.



  • @Weng said:

     Alex is going to read this and nuke the tags again.
     

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

     

    Actually due to the mess that is probably a good idea, though the mess will just come back in the posts right after it.



  • Assuming it's only in one post, I can remove all the tags from that post if you link me to it.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Assuming it's only in one post, I can remove all the tags from that post if you link me to it.

    It's a bi-partite problem:

    1) Tons of tags starting with crazy-accented unicode characters are in the database, and due to CS's shitty auto-complete it's impossible to type a tag like "money" without ending up with tons of weird accents and shit on the M.

    2) One or more tags has the "reverse text direction" character in it. (Actually, this could be in someone's CSS hack too, now that I think about it... maybe the tag isn't the issue on this one!) Once that character or style or whatever it is ends up on a tag, trying to edit that tag causes your typing to go backwards, making it practically impossible.

    Of course both of these are CS bugs, bug since CS isn't ever going to get fix, it would be nice if we could at least get some temporary relief. Until the next person starts fucking with the tags and CSS exploits.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    1) Tons of tags starting with crazy-accented unicode characters are in the database, and due to CS's shitty auto-complete it's impossible to type a tag like "money" without ending up with tons of weird accents and shit on the M.

    FYI, you can go back, after you've typed it, and use the delete key to get rid of it. At least, that works for me on chrome.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Would it be possible for someone to remove all of the tags with ASCII > 127?

    I could say something useful, but instead I'm going to snidely point out that "ASCII > 127" doesn't make any sense.



  • @locallunatic said:

    @Weng said:

     Alex is going to read this and nuke the tags again.
     

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

     

    Actually due to the mess that is probably a good idea, though the mess will just come back in the posts right after it.

    Well the first time he nuked them all it was because someone was legitimately abusing the system.  That time, it was AbbydonKrafts creating random tags to bulk up every page served.  He even wrote a program that loaded a page and showed how many Kilobytes the page was up to, and how much of that was just due to the tag abuse.  

    Given that this is much worse than that, I imagine a purge is oncoming, and I support it.  It's nice to see someone else bitch about it.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.