PIKACHU EATS YOUR SOUL

• Also this video is cute.

Remember in like 2001 when the first Pokemon movie came out and it was the most awesome thing ever? I'd never even played the videos, or even watched much of the show but Pikachu is SOO DAMNED CUTE. I don't even know why they bothered with the other 149 Pokemons. I went to New Zealand that year and believe it or not watched the Pokemon movie in Auckland and bought some direct-from-Japan Pokemon and Magic cards that I sold on Ebay for like 200% profit because that shit was cheap in New Zealand.

So anyway.

• ♿ (Parody)

Blakey, I think you left your computer while logged into TDWTF.

• Are you saying you don't love Pikachu!!

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Are you saying you don't love Pikachu!!

I wasn't, but if that's what it takes then yes, I'm willing to say that.

•  Pokemon?  Pkachu?  What are you, a 10 year old girl?

• @El_Heffe said:

Pokemon? Pkachu?What are you, a 10 year old girl?

Pokemon's like 15 years old now. 10 year old girls probably don't even know what Pikachu is.

10 year old girls are probably more into Friendship is Magic. Which is also badass in its own way.

• Pikachu is overrated.

@blakeyrat said:

10 year old girls are probably more into Friendship is Magic. Which is also badass in its own way.

FTFY.

• @Spectre said:

Pikachu is overrated.

@blakeyrat said:

FTFY.

Re: that first link... it's funny, but honestly it's not as funny as the original. (At least, if you watch the show. And know Fluttersky's character.)

Edit: BTW, most if not all of the Friendship Is Magic episodes are on YouTube in their entirety. Which is probably one factor when considering how mysteriously popular the show is.

• If this happened on Facebook, I think the term is "f-raped". In this case, however, we need a special term endemic to this board to better differentiate from the more standard form of impersonation vandalism. The Daily Worse Than Raped?

...I should get some sleep, it's 2AM and I seem to have entered disrespectful mode.

• @El_Heffe said:

Pokemon?  Pkachu?

Oops you misspelled "Pikachu" also I do play Pokemon Card too sometimes

• @zzo38 said:

@El_Heffe said:

Pokemon?  Pkachu?

Oops you misspelled "Pikachu" also I do play Pokemon Card too sometimes
    I liked Pikachu as a playable character on Super Smash Bros, and that's about it.
    Hmm, first time I saw YouTube's HTML5 black interface.

• Kirby is much more awesome than Pikachu.

• ^ This

• @derula said:

Kirby is much more awesome than Pikachu.
    Well, that's undeniable. Specially when shouting Falcon Punch or PK Fire, or wearing a cute Link hat.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@El_Heffe said:

Pokemon's like 15 years old now. 10 year old girls probably don't even know what Pikachu is.

My kids have recently found The Hub (TV channel), which shows old My Little Pony cartoons. Also, old (and new) Transformers, GI Joe and best of all, GEM!

• @boomzilla said:

which shows old My Little Pony cartoons.

New ones are better.

@boomzilla said:

best of all, GEM!

GEM?

You mean Jem? As in Jem and the Holograms? This:

Assuming that's what you mean and even though you're WAY INTO IT you don't know how to spell the show's name: yes that show is awesome. When I was a kid I wanted my own Synergy computer, but alas they weren't on the market yet. Take a shot every time the Misfits do something that would get them arrested in the real world, for example, kidnapping, cutting brake lines, etc.

Also, that show had a very Superman-esque secret identity. How the fuck did nobody ever notice that Jerrica was also Jem? Jerrica doesn't even wear glasses.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:
    best of all, GEM!

GEM?

You mean Jem? As in Jem and the Holograms?

Assuming that's what you mean and even though you're WAY INTO IT you don't know how to spell the show's name: yes that show is awesome.

Oops. Yes, that's it. I mostly hear it in the other room, and like singing little bits of the theme song, just because it drives my wife crazy. I recall watching it on Sunday mornings because nothing else was on because it was....Sunday. At least until football came on.

• @blakeyrat said:

(At least, if you watch the show. And know Fluttersky's character.)

It's Fluttershy. Don't know if that was a typo or not, since that name is equally awesome.If it was a typo do ignore my dickweedery.

As for pikachu, there is one thing that makes no sense. Supposedly it's a "electric mouse"... It looks nothing like a mouse, though. Looks more like a rabbit. Behaves more like a rabbit too. They should totally redo the whole franchise and make things more graphic. You know one pokemon does hyper beam or solarbeam or something and the other one just get's knocked out? That's bullshit. What should happen is there should be just a smoking set of feet and a bloodstain on the backwall.

• @derula said:

Kirby?

• @El_Heffe said:

@derula said:
    Kirby?

They're talking about some Nintendo shit that only babies play. Fucking Wii doesn't even RUN Fallout 3, what kind of shitty-ass console is that?

• @blakeyrat said:

Fucking Wii doesn't even RUN Fallout 3, what kind of shitty-ass console is that?

You're just mad because you're being left out.

• @derula said:

@blakeyrat said:
    Fucking Wii doesn't even RUN Fallout 3, what kind of shitty-ass console is that?

Nintendo sparing us shitty JRPGs is doing us a favor. I win because instead of buying a Wii with no decent games and letting it collect dust, I never bought one in the first place. (Although time will tell if my Kinect collects dust.)

• @blakeyrat said:

@derula said:
    @blakeyrat said:

Nintendo sparing us shitty JRPGs is doing us a favor. I win because instead of buying a Wii with no decent games and letting it collect dust, I never bought one in the first place. (Although time will tell if my Kinect collects dust.)

Well If I had a PS3 / XBox 360 it would do nothing but collect dust, because the console exclusives are all shit and the non-exclusives are better on PC (also, there, in HD; I don't have an HDTV). Also, I like kiddy girly fairy dust awesome dream power star world games better than your n-th iteration of the usual warfare simulations.

• @derula said:

Also, I like kiddy girly fairy dust awesome dream power star world games better than your n-th iteration of the usual warfare simulations.

Child of Eden doesn't run on Wii, either.

• @blakeyrat said:

@derula said:
    Also, I like kiddy girly fairy dust awesome dream power star world games better than your n-th iteration of the usual warfare simulations.

Child of Eden doesn't run on Wii, either.

We're clearly living in different worlds o.o

Okay seriously now to pick up some of my more serious points I hid in all the randomness above. I think that many people who say "I don't care for graphics" don't actually mean it. I don't care for graphics to become more and more realistic. I want them to look "good", in whatever sense that is. Can be cartoony, surreal, realistic or whatnot.

Oftentimes though I prefer sprite based 2D graphics over complex cinematic 3D scenes. However I can also not say I don't care for realism. I want believable, complex characters and a deep, but logic story line. What I want in a game is to experience how life could be if we were living in an entirely different world, or if we had a certain distinction to what we are now. This is not necessarily constrained to fantasy.

Gameplay-wise, I really prefer a 2D space. 3D is really confusing to me, and for many types of games it doesn't seem to add much. I don't really like online versus modes, because I'm not a very good player and generally suck at those and can't get my long-time motivation up. And, like I said above, I'm absolutely opposing war simulators myself. I just don't want to play them. Yeah, might be fun if I tried it, but seriously, I don't ever want to say that I enjoyed playing war. Yeah I know you're not promoting CoD right now, and I'm not trying to making it look like you said that.

Point is I did play Fallout (2? I guess) for a bit on PC and didn't really like the amount of freedom you had. I had people tell me freedom is what games need the most, but for me, that's not true. I want people to tell a story in a way that the player feels like he is making the story happen. For some, this might be provided by perfect freedom, but I usually need a bit more to work with.

You may have noticed, this is not a structured list in any way, just getting my thoughts out. What I'm basically trying to explain is that nothing in the PS3 and XB360 library really interests me. And if something does, most of the times it's also available on PC (admittedly, playing Mirror's Edge on a keyboard is retarded. Might get a gamepad sometime). I hope you can see where I'm coming from and don't discard me as a complete idiot...

TL;DR: I'm an aging, misguided child who hopes dreams and rainbows can cure world hunger.

mod: man, you cared enough to write all this, but not enough to add some paragraphs? priorities, man! -dh

• Do you believe in paragraphs? Christ that's hard to read.

• @blakeyrat said:

Do you believe in paragraphs? Christ that's hard to read.

Didn't expect anybody to care enough to read it. It's just part of my stupid mind.

To answer your question, yes, I usually do try to make appropriately sized paragraphs when writing something I expect or want others to read.

• @blakeyrat said:

Do you believe in paragraphs? Christ that's hard to read.

Well, he did make a TL;DR section.

• @derula said:

Well If I had a PS3 [...] it would do nothing but collect dust, because the console exclusives are all shit
    I beg to differ. (though "one game" is not "many games", of course.)@derula said:
    Who cares what the game looks like. The important thing is: do you have fun playing it?

I've had fun playing The Simpsons Game, Katamari Forever and currently de Blob 2, and I apologise for nothing.

Edit: you can also add We Dare to the list, though this game really needs to be played with multiple players so everyone can have fun seeing the others act like fools in front of the TV.

• @Zecc said:

@derula said:
    Who cares what the game looks like. The important thing is: do you have fun playing it?

The last FPS I tried (I don't count Portal as FPS) was Half Life 2, and I found it absolutely boring and not fun at all. I had fun with most the Wii games I have, although some of them had poor critical acclaim. And I never felt left out because I didn't get to enjoy all the shooters that never reached the platform. Quite the contrary, I was a really disappointed when Nintendo only showed videos of cheap shooter ports on their Wii U demonstration at E3.

• @blakeyrat said:

@El_Heffe said:

Sorry, I stand corrected.

What are you, a 10 year old girl fom 1995?

• @blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:
    which shows old My Little Pony cartoons.
    New ones are better. @boomzilla said:
    best of all, GEM!
    GEM?

You mean Jem? As in Jem and the Holograms? This:

Assuming that's what you mean and even though you're WAY INTO IT you don't know how to spell the show's name: yes that show is awesome. When I was a kid I wanted my own Synergy computer, but alas they weren't on the market yet. Take a shot every time the Misfits do something that would get them arrested in the real world, for example, kidnapping, cutting brake lines, etc.

Also, that show had a very Superman-esque secret identity. How the fuck did nobody ever notice that Jerrica was also Jem? Jerrica doesn't even wear glasses.

I preferred The following Saturday morning cartoons: [img]http://cinematropolis.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/dinosaucers_love_in_loch_ness.jpg[/img] Or [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/Voltron.jpg[/img] or rainbow brite [img=40%x40%]http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19915.jpg?zm=1600,1600,1,0,0[/img]

• Also [img]http://images.watchthisletme.com/thumbs/99886_Unico_in_the_Island_of_Magic_2008.jpg[/img] is one the best movies ever. and Lord Kuruku is thebest villian ever. [img]http://otakuhaiku.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/images-2.jpeg?w=259&h=194[/img].  Also this guy is in it as well. [img]http://www.fujikoma.com/unico/rollerr2.jpg[/img] 

• Hahaha. Dinosaucers was the worst thing ever. I mean, maybe Go-Bots would give it a run for its money, but I think Go-Bots had some rudimentary entertainment value.

I liked these obscure euro-gems from early Nickelodeon, before they started producing their own content:

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Hahaha. Dinosaucers was the worst thing ever. I mean, maybe Go-Bots would give it a run for its money, but I think Go-Bots had some rudimentary entertainment value.

As the poor man's Transformers, Gobots toys were a lot easier to come by.

• @boomzilla said:

@blakeyrat said:
    Hahaha. Dinosaucers was the worst thing ever. I mean, maybe Go-Bots would give it a run for its money, but I think Go-Bots had some rudimentary entertainment value.

As the poor man's Transformers, Gobots toys were a lot easier to come by.

A few years ago during a family Christmas party, out of nowhere, my parents came up to me and apologized for buying me the Go-Bots knockoff toys and not the Transformers toys. Completely unprompted by me. It was a weird, but strangely gratifying, moment. I guess they came to the realization while shopping for toys for my niece or something.

Now it's become something of a running joke in the family to "apologize" for anything like that, mentioning the Go-Bots. "Sorry I bought the store-brand dip instead of the good dip, but you know, I had Go-Bots as a kid so I didn't know the difference."-type stuff.

• Also we must not forget the abomination that was the "Mister T" cartoon.  He was a gymnastics coach...

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Now it's become something of a running joke in the family to "apologize" for anything like that, mentioning the Go-Bots. "Sorry I bought the store-brand dip instead of the good dip, but you know, I had Go-Bots as a kid so I didn't know the difference."-type stuff.

Heh. As a kid, my biggest beef with that sort of thing was store brand Cheerios vs the real thing.

TRWTF is that now Megatron is a truck.

• @boomzilla said:

Not munky?

• @Spectre said:

@boomzilla said:

Not munky?

Optimus Primal was a monkey.

Megatron beast was a Tryannosaurus, you dolt.

• For the name, if nothing else:

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

[img]http://sharetv.org/images/super_robot_monkey_team_hyperforce_go-show.jpg[/img]

• @Scarlet Manuka said:

For the name, if nothing else:

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

Yo Scarlet Manuka, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Samurai Pizza Cats was the best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles spoof of all time!

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@Scarlet Manuka said:
    For the name, if nothing else: Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

Yo Scarlet Manuka, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Samurai Pizza Cats was the best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles spoof of all time!

I have no brief for either one, but Scarlet Manuka is right. "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go" is definitely a better name than "Samurai Pizza Cats." Personally, I prefer Super Martian Robot Girl. The Spectate like recording of the TV screen is just a bonus.

• @boomzilla said:

I have no brief for either one

???

BTW, sometimes people will camcord content that's likely to get pulled due to copyright. It defeats Google's automated copyrighted content scanner machine thingy. This guy, however, I think is just an idiot.

• TRUKK NOT MUNKY!!

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:

???

Teh intarwebs seem to prefer "hold no brief for."
    @idioms.yourdictionary.com said:
    Refuse to support, dislike, as in I hold no brief for liars. This term is a negative version of the legal expression hold a brief for, meaning “to support or defend a position by argument.” The noun brief has been used in this way since the 1200s.

• @boomzilla said:

@blakeyrat said:
    @boomzilla said:

???

Teh intarwebs seem to prefer "hold no brief for."

I have literally never heard that before in my life. Where "literally" means "as far as I can remember."

• @boomzilla said:

@blakeyrat said:
    @Scarlet Manuka said:
    For the name, if nothing else: Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!
    I have no brief for either one, but Scarlet Manuka is right. "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go" is definitely a better name than "Samurai Pizza Cats." Personally, I prefer Super Martian Robot Girl. The Spectate like recording of the TV screen is just a bonus.
    Since we're doing videos, here's the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUsFLVjobug]Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! intro[/url]. The song (once you get to it) is disturbingly persistent, even if the intro raises other questions such as "how the heck does a fully functional giant 'super robot' get abandoned on the outskirts of a large city without anybody even noticing?"

• ♿ (Parody)

@Xyro said:

TRUKK NOT MUNKY!!

Actually, one of my favorites was Optimus as Train. Behold, OpThomas Prime in TRAINS-FORMERS! And don't miss the sequel, TRAINS-FORMERS 2OOT.

• @boomzilla said:

@Xyro said:
    TRUKK NOT MUNKY!!
    Actually, one of my favorites was Optimus as Train. Behold, OpThomas Prime in TRAINS-FORMERS! And don't miss the sequel, TRAINS-FORMERS 2OOT.

:V