Router Turning Off When PC Is Also Off

• @ender said:

Plug overload

Man, if you do that, you should probably rethink your life.

• Garbage Person

@dhromed said:

@ender said:

Plug overload

This is what the power box in the race trailer ends up looking like by the end of the weekend - everybody's phone, laptop, camera, all 6 radio chargers, a fan, an airconditioner, a spotlight and usually a few tool battery chargers. 50A RV feeds are nice. We just need more fucking outlets on the inside.

• @dhromed said:

@ender said:

Plug overload

Time for a little Canadian content, I think:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6lRb8y_AQ

• @Weng said:

@Zemm said:

Also, it is the only way to get Christmas lights illuminated, since I usually install several dozen strings.
    Here in Amerika, our superior, not-excessively-bulky electrical plug allows us to build stack connectors - where you can plug one device into the plug head of another.

You mean something liek this:

These things are as bad as double-adaptors since at least the power board has over-current protection (10A or 2400W). But I do use them in some places - usually downstream from a power board :).

But in the case of the Christmas lights, most of them use the wall-wart transformers (virtually all of my strings are either 12 or 24V) so it's not really possible to piggy-back.I have had the idea of buying a large 300VA toroidal transformer and running several strings off that instead of their individual transformers. But that would cost too much :-/

In my search I found a WTF solution to the problem of differing sockets in different parts of the world.

The best part about our sockets is the bigger sockets are still backwards-compatible. You can plug a 10A plug into a 15A or 20A socket but not the other way around (without some hacking).

• @Zemm said:

In my search I found a WTF solution to the problem of differing sockets in different parts of the world.
    If you're talking about WTF solutions for connecting foreign plugs to local sockets, I think it's hard to beat what I recently found:

I found this in a box with stuff from a client. Somebody brought some equipment from Switzerland, including a 3-way splitter and a Swiss plug and socket. Instead of doing the logical thing, and mounting the socket on the cord with Schuko plug, he mounted the plug, plugged it to the splitter, then used the socket to protect the exposed pins on the splitter. Even better, the two other cables that were plugged to the splitter had a regular C13 connector on the other side.