Steam



  • I've been getting this for a while now.

    Error'd worthy? (also, should a free to play game count as under any price? I ask this because they're sustained by microtransactions, which do have their cost for those willing to pay).



  • Probably should be, but I'm just not feeling it.



  • Works fine here, but I'm in the US.

    BTW, Overlord and Overlord II are extremely entertaining games. I recommend using a gamepad, though.

    Edit: A bigger WTF is that Steam considered "free-to-play" to be a genre.



  • Well two of the things shown (Magicka: Nippon and Beat Hazard Ultra) are actually shudder DLC.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Edit: A bigger WTF is that Steam considered "free-to-play" to be a genre.
     

    I'd like to reiterate Steam's dollar-to-euro conversion "algorithm" as the ultimate WTF.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    BTW, Overlord and Overlord II are extremely entertaining games. I recommend using a gamepad, though.

    +1

    Note: The DVD version of Overlord: Raising Hell already includes Overlord. Not sure why the Steam version of Raising Hell requires you to buy the Steam version of Overlord as well and costs twice as much.

     



  • [quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"] (also, should a free to play game count
    as under any price? I ask this because they're sustained by
    microtransactions, which do have their cost for those willing to pay)[/quote] 

    Yes, because $0 USD is clearly less than $5 USD.

    I know at least one of the 5 games Steam is promoting as FREE TO PLAY, Spiral Knights specifically, can be done for no money, but that's only because you can buy the in-game crystal energy from other players for crowns (the in-game currency).  It just isn't worth it.

    For that matter, Alien Swarm is free and has been for some time, but they didn't call it "FREE TO PLAY" when Alien Swarm was added.

    @fatbull said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    BTW, Overlord and Overlord II are extremely entertaining games. I recommend using a gamepad, though.

    +1

    Note: The DVD version of Overlord: Raising Hell already includes Overlord. Not sure why the Steam version of Raising Hell requires you to buy the Steam version of Overlord as well and costs twice as much.

     

    Only for the PS3 version.  The PC version didn't; it was an expansion for the original game and required that you own it first.

    That reminds me, I need to go finish Overlord II at some point.  Got most of the way through the game and lost interest (after finishing the first game including Raising Hell).

    Prior to  Raising Hell's Steam release, it was nearly impossible to find in North America (and South America?).



  • @powerlord said:

    @fatbull said:
    The DVD version of Overlord: Raising Hell already includes Overlord. ...
    Only for the PS3 version.  The PC version didn't; ...

     

    My PC DVD does. Must be different distributions.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.