Malware author does not understand random numbers

• ED: Made that bitch a link.  Bitches love links.  -- Love, btk

• Hehe.  Took me a second since the article has nothing to do with random numbers.

• I'm sorry, TRWTF is bitcoin. It misses the point of fiat currency. There does not seem to be a way to turn it into real currency. It is of very limited use, and of that use most of it is not very lawful. Hard capping the currency is never a good idea and a small bit of inflation is good for a currency.

• Malware author does not understand strcat.

•  Now with more randomness!

• Symantec author does not understand the difference between sending per email and uploading via FTP.

Malware author also uploads the file twice to exactly the same destination, just to make sure.

• @random.next said:

Symantec author does not understand the difference between sending per email and uploading via FTP.
    Not necessarily. What the author says is the trojan emails the file, and also there's source code on forums which uses FTP. Which the code shown does.

We expect that code similar to the techniques described above will find a way into other malware
    Oh boy...

• @Zecc said:

We expect that code similar to the techniques described above will find a way into other malware
    Oh boy...

guaranteed!

• @delta534 said:

I'm sorry, TRWTF is bitcoin. It misses the point of fiat currency. There does not seem to be a way to turn it into real currency. It is of very limited use, and of that use most of it is not very lawful. Hard capping the currency is never a good idea and [b]a small bit of inflation is good for a currency[/b].

Is that true in the abstract? My understanding is that you want your country's GDP to inflate at about the same rate as its population, and if you keep trade at a constant proportion that would cause your currency to inflate: is there an economic argument for wanting inflation in the absence of a population increase?

• @pjt33 said:

@delta534 said:
    I'm sorry, TRWTF is bitcoin. It misses the point of fiat currency. There does not seem to be a way to turn it into real currency. It is of very limited use, and of that use most of it is not very lawful. Hard capping the currency is never a good idea and a small bit of inflation is good for a currency.

Is that true in the abstract? My understanding is that you want your country's GDP to inflate at about the same rate as its population, and if you keep trade at a constant proportion that would cause your currency to inflate: is there an economic argument for wanting inflation in the absence of a population increase?
    It's been a while since I took economics. It may not be good to have inflation with population decrease, but it's economics. It's possible to make a case for it.

•  Inflation and deflation both can help some people and harm others in the short run, but it seems to me that in the long run it's better for everybody to have a stable currency that maintains consistent value (on the average; obviously, individual commodities and other products will rise or fall by supply and demand) without any long-term trend for prices to go either up or down.