Remove? But which one?

• Just run into this one when starting up IDEA 10:

Module 'core' already exists in the project.
    Would you like to remove module 'core' from the project?

Remove which one? The one already open, or the one it's trying to open? How did it save 2 modules under the same name in the first place?

•  Screenie please.

•  

That's right after the startup, not when trying to add a new module.

• Hmmm, there exists troubling implications if we must assume the Axiom of Choice in our static analyzers.

• @viraptor said:

Remove which one? The one already open, or the one it's trying to open?

The wrong one, obviously.

• @Xyro said:

Hmmm, there exists troubling implications if we must assume the Axiom of Choice in our static analyzers.

The axiom of choice is completely irrelevant for anything computer related. The only circumstance in which it as a true axiom (i.e., cannot be proven) is when dealing with infinite sets. The only Turing machine that relies on infinity is the original theoretical model. The axiom of choice is a complete triviality for finite sets.

• TRWTF is such ugly UI components.

• @derula said:

@Xyro said:
    Hmmm, there exists troubling implications if we must assume the Axiom of Choice in our static analyzers.

The axiom of choice is completely irrelevant for anything computer related. The only circumstance in which it as a true axiom (i.e., cannot be proven) is when dealing with infinite sets. The only Turing machine that relies on infinity is the original theoretical model. The axiom of choice is a complete triviality for finite sets.

But consider the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_One_Infinity]Zero One [/url][url=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeroOneInfinityRule]Infinity[/url] rule. Since two is more than one, the choice of removal must be able to handle infinite sets.

• @Xyro said:

yeah you viciously outmathed me

Imagine Sollux saying that and my day is made.