Dealing with faxes

• <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face=Verdana size=2>I was IT guy in a government blood bank 5 years ago and I was at the director room in a meeting when he asked his new hire secretary to fax a report to the state secretary.
    She looked so confused, poor Debora - I thought.
    After our meeting I turned to her room and asked if she faxed the paper. - I really meant to help her with IT things, even faxes.</FONT>

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face=Verdana size=2>- Did you fax the letter? - I asked her.
    - Oh thanks God you are here, I dont know what is happening, I tryed to fax it but the paper is still here!
    - Sorry? What? - I was really confused then.
    - I dont know what is happening with this damn thing, I fax the paper but the damn fax get me the paper back!</FONT>

<FONT size=2><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face=Verdana>She really thought about when sending a fax the paper was materially sent thru the phone line.</FONT>
    </FONT>

• You were probably dealing with a time traveller from the future, where they just teleport everything.

<font face="Verdana" size="2">I really meant to help her with IT things, even faxes.

Why, was she hot?
    </font>

• @R.Flowers said:

You were probably dealing with a time traveller from the future, where they just teleport everything.

<font face="Verdana" size="2">I really meant to help her with IT things, even faxes.

Why, was she hot?
    </font>

I'm betting she was.

How can someone be that oblivious to technology?
    Does she have a phone?

Or maybe she thought that the confirmation copy fax machines usually give you was a sign of error.

• Nah. Just duties.

• Deborah at the end of a phone call:

"Ok, we need to make sure we hang up the phone at the same time, otherwise our voices might get stuck in the phone line"

• Mine got stuck that way one time, and it took me weeks to get my voice back.

• According to some sightings in Marvel Comics, Venom was capable of transferring itself through a phone line.

DON'T TELL DEBORAH.

• Did she know how to use the PC's cup-holder?

• Ahhh, I thought you were going to say the fax machine kept giving her the paper back because she was really using a photocopier, but I guess the actual ending to the story makes her appear no less dimwitted.  All is well.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.