Subway

• @blakeyrat said:

But that's pretty moot, considering it's CS we're talking about.

It would probably end up sending you a reply notification every 30 minutes, even if the topic is quiet, until you view the post it keeps notifying you about.

• @UriGagarin said:

sammich ? TRWTF is this ...

Its sandwich , or if you are feeling more jovial, sarnie.

The joke "How do you survive on the beach"  "because of all the sand which is there"

doesn't work otherwise

Bloody colonials ...grumble

We "bloody colonials" now own the islands in question, so we can pronounce it however we like.

• @derula said:

@blakeyrat said:
    But that's pretty moot, considering it's CS we're talking about.

It would probably end up sending you reply notifications continuously after 30 minutes, even if the topic is quiet, until you view the post it keeps notifying you about.

FTFY

• @da Doctah said:

@UriGagarin said:

The joke "How do you survive on the beach"  "because of all the sand which is there"

doesn't work otherwise

We "bloody colonials" now own the islands in question, so we can pronounce it however we like.

Islands? Sandwich is all on the British mainland. Bloody know-nothing colonials ...grumble

• @__moz said:

Islands? Sandwich is all on the British mainland. Bloody know-nothing colonials ...grumble

LOL...mainland.

• @boomzilla said:

@__moz said:

LOL...mainland.

I've always thought it would be cool if Japan and the UK just went at it. "Battle of the Island Chains!" It's too bad they aren't closer to each other.

• @blakeyrat said:

I've always thought it would be cool if Japan and the UK just went at it. "Battle of the Island Chains!" It's too bad they aren't closer to each other.

The last couple of days they've been working on correcting that.

• @da Doctah said:

The last couple of days they've been working on correcting that.

It falls a bit short of swallowing the entire pacific and american plates.

• @__moz said:

@da Doctah said:

@UriGagarin said:

doesn't work otherwise

Sandwich Islands was a name given to the Hawaiian Islands by James Cook on one of his voyages in the 1770s. James Cook named the islands after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, a supporter of Cook's voyages.

• @El_Heffe said:

Sandwich Islands was a name given to the Hawaiian Islands by James Cook on one of his voyages in the 1770s. James Cook named the islands after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, a supporter of Cook's voyages.

Bullshit. Making a sandwich doesn't count as Cooking.

• @Someone You Know said:

Bullshit. Making a sandwich doesn't count as Cooking.
    In my opinion, if you toast it, it does.

• Make a sammich.

Put in microwave.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ding

Then throw away the pappy shit that's the result.

• Microwave it to get the innards hot, then toast or fry it to get the outer bits crispy.

Yum.

• @Xyro said:

Microwave it to get the innards hot, then toast or fry it to get the outer bits crispy.

Yum.

You people have yet to apparently discover the joys of a sealing sandwich toaster, which will make the innards all nice and warm and, if you have cheese in your sandwich, melty.

• @Douglasac said:

You people have yet to apparently discover the joys of a sealing sandwich toaster, which will make the innards all nice and warm and, if you have cheese in your sandwich, melty.

I have seen those before! They look very awesome, but I am concerned about the size and cleanup. (Mostly the size.) Can it handle sandwiches with 1-2 vertical inches of alternating meat/cheese/onion layers? They'd be pretty amazing with PBJs, I bet.

• An inch is pushing it, at most I'd use about half that. Too much filling and it either spills out the front when you close it or the cheese oozes out the sides while it's cooking.

I've never tried PBJ's, or anything sweet in mine. Hmm, sounds interesting.

• @Douglasac said:

@Xyro said:
    Microwave it to get the innards hot, then toast or fry it to get the outer bits crispy.

Yum.

What's a "sealed sandwich toaster?" You mean a panini grill? I have one of those in my kitchen.

Edit: One of these:

Since terminology might be different in different places. Here, I've only heard it called a panini grill.

• A "sealed sandwich toaster" is, strangely enough, a toaster that produces sealed sandwiches.:

My impression of panini grills is that they do not seal anything:

• @PJH said:

A "sealed sandwich toaster" is, strangely enough, a toaster that produces sealed sandwiches.:

Fair enough. Never heard of that before. But it makes tiny sandwiches! Can you buy a Scooby Doo-sized one?

• @Xyro said:

@Douglasac said:
    I have seen those before! They look very awesome, but I am concerned about the size and cleanup. (Mostly the size.) Can it handle sandwiches with 1-2 vertical inches of alternating meat/cheese/onion layers? They'd be pretty amazing with PBJs, I bet.

I have one as well, they are awesome, if you are into sandwiches you need one

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.