Akismet is TRWTF

• Did Akismet change recently? I've never encountered it before but today on the main article I had to try a couple dozen iterations of my comment before it let me post.

• @mott555 said:

Did Akismet change recently? I've never encountered it before but today on the main article I had to try a couple dozen iterations of my comment before it let me post.

No longer letting me post colored text in comments.

• You say it like it's a bad thing.

• @boog said:

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Yes in someways you will never comphrehend, it is.

• @Nagesh said:

<font color="#999999">You</font> <font color="#008000">mean</font> <font color="#993366">African</font>-<font color="#0000FF">American</font><font color="#FF9900"> text</font>.

• @Nagesh said:

@boog said:

It's a bollywood thing, isn't it.

• @dhromed said:

@Nagesh said:

@boog said:

It's a bollywood thing, isn't it.

Kahani puree filmi hai, mere dost.

• ♿ (Parody)

This is not directed at you... but I've gotten a handful of complaints about this, but no one is actually being helpful. You'd think if *anyone* knows how to submit a bug report, it'd be this audience...

Can you give me some examples of comments that were blocked?  I need the full details, including user name, IP, content, and date and time.

• Garbage Person

@Nagesh said:

Well thank fucking god for that.

• @Weng said:

@Nagesh said:

<font color="#800000">Agreed</font>. <font color="#800080"> <font color="#FF6600">Who</font></font> <font color="#99CC00">the</font><font color="#0000FF"> </font><font color="#0000FF">heck </font><font color="#808000">would</font> <font color="#FF0000">pos</font>t <font color="#0000FF">in</font> <font color="#FF99CC">color</font>?

• @Alex Papadimoulis said:

This is not directed at you... but I've gotten a handful of complaints about this, but no one is actually being helpful. You'd think if *anyone* knows how to submit a bug report, it'd be this audience...

Can you give me some examples of comments that were blocked?  I need the full details, including user name, IP, content, and date and time.

Here's the example I ran into yesterday on the Big Ball of Yarn article. I used this account and it seemed to be the quote blocks that it didn't like, as soon as I took them out I was able to comment. Also, I was able to edit the comment later and submit the quotes. I just tried making a new comment this morning and it still was blocked. I'm not going to post my IP address, if you need it I can PM you or something. It's my company's IP and I'd rather not be responsible for some idiot TDWTF lurker DDoSing us.

@Example Content said:

@Davee123 said:

@Rob said:

That's not a moon; It's a space station.

There's a small thermal exhaust dependency, right below the main class. The target area is only 4 lines long. A precise hit will start a chain reaction that should segfault the system. The code is wrapped in try { }, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

DaveE

+10, best comment of the day!

• @Nagesh said:

Kahani puree filmi hai, mere dost.
    the other RWTF is that, according to Google, Nagesh speaks italian.

This is not directed at you... but I've gotten a handful of complaints about this, but no one is actually being helpful. You'd think if anyone knows how to submit a bug report, it'd be this audience...

I just tried to enter a comment in the "Big Ball of Yarn". One sentence, definitely not spam, but Akismet complained. There is definitely a bug involving quote blocks. It appears that attempting to include too many quote blocks in your reply causes Akismet to barf. Deleting a couple of quote blocks solved the problem

This is not directed at you... but I've gotten a handful of complaints about this, but no one is actually being helpful. You'd think if anyone knows how to submit a bug report, it'd be this audience...

<font color="#7171ad">A</font><font color="#7273a9">l</font><font color="#7475a6">e</font><font color="#7678a3">x</font><font color="#787aa0">,</font><font color="#7a7d9d"> </font><font color="#7c7f9a">T</font><font color="#7e8297">h</font><font color="#808494">i</font><font color="#828791">s</font><font color="#84898d"> </font><font color="#868c8a">t</font><font color="#888e87">y</font><font color="#8a9184">p</font><font color="#8c9381">e</font><font color="#8e967e"> </font><font color="#90987b">o</font><font color="#929a78">f</font><font color="#949d75"> </font><font color="#969f71">c</font><font color="#98a26e">o</font><font color="#9aa46b">m</font><font color="#9ca768">m</font><font color="#9ea965">e</font><font color="#a0ac62">n</font><font color="#a2ae5f">t</font><font color="#a4b15c"> </font><font color="#a6b359">w</font><font color="#a8b655">a</font><font color="#aab852">s</font><font color="#acbb4f"> </font><font color="#aebd4c">b</font><font color="#b0bf49">e</font><font color="#b2c246">i</font><font color="#b4c443">n</font><font color="#b6c740">g</font><font color="#b8c93d"> </font><font color="#bacc39">d</font><font color="#bcce36">e</font><font color="#bed133">l</font><font color="#c0d330">e</font><font color="#c2d62d">t</font><font color="#c4d82a">e</font><font color="#c6db27">d</font><font color="#c8dd24">. I think it doesn't like the color tags surround my letters. Blocked comment example I cannot provide.</font>

• @El_Heffe said:

@Weng said:

@Nagesh said:

<font color="#800000">Agreed</font>. <font color="#800080"> <font color="#ff6600">Who</font></font> <font color="#99cc00">the</font><font color="#0000ff"> </font><font color="#0000ff">heck </font><font color="#808000">would</font> <font color="#ff0000">pos</font>t <font color="#0000ff">in</font> <font color="#ff99cc">color</font>?

<font color="#c80046"> </font>

<font color="#c80046">H</font><font color="#c8001b">e</font><font color="#c81300">'</font><font color="#c83b00">s</font><font color="#c85f00"> </font><font color="#c78200">l</font><font color="#c8a900">e</font><font color="#b8c800">a</font><font color="#8cc700">d</font><font color="#63c800">i</font><font color="#38c800">n</font><font color="#06c800">g</font><font color="#00c82d"> </font><font color="#00c759">a</font><font color="#00c883"> </font><font color="#00c8ad">d</font><font color="#00b3c8">u</font><font color="#008bc7">l</font><font color="#0067c8">l</font><font color="#0043c7"> </font><font color="#001cc8">l</font><font color="#1100c8">i</font><font color="#3c00c7">f</font><font color="#6500c8">e</font><font color="#9100c8">.</font>

Here'e one more example. I try to reply answer to this comment. Akismet won't let me.

@Quicksilver said:
    Ah and the TrueWTF is:

Jaimy's social ineptness making it unable for him to stand up against some total looser and new coworker lead to the destruction of a whole IT company.

Jo dar gaya woh mar gaya!

Translated to

The one who scared a lot is first to die!