Yahoo! Finance! Design! WTF!

• Yahoo! Finance has decided to "improve" the design of their portfolio tracker page. Lots of minor WTFs, including:

1) The "%change" for the day used to be red or green for up/down, they're now all black text.

2) The %change figure is preceeded by a dollar sign (I could swear that my math teacher told me percentages were unitless)

3) The day's value change includes a surpurflous plus sign for gains.

4) Last trade time looks like "04:00pm EST".

5) Somehow managed to make the entire view wide enough that I need to scroll to see it all.

The good news is that it claims my portfolio made money today.

• @RichP said:

Now you know its definitely broken.

• @RichP said:

Yahoo! Finance has decided to "improve" the design of their portfolio tracker page. Lots of minor WTFs, including:

1) The "%change" for the day used to be red or green for up/down, they're now all black text.

2) The %change figure is preceeded by a dollar sign (I could swear that my math teacher told me percentages were unitless)

5) Somehow managed to make the entire view wide enough that I need to scroll to see it all.

Number three is to make up for number one.  With both gains and losses in the same color, most traders will want that explicit plus sign on the former.

• @RichP said:

That's just an enterprisey way of saying the value changed x cents.

• @da Doctah said:

@RichP said:

Yahoo! Finance has decided to "improve" the design of their portfolio tracker page. Lots of minor WTFs, including:

Number three is to make up for number one.  With both gains and losses in the same color, most traders will want that explicit plus sign on the former.

It's likely that the change for #3 (and probably for #1) is an attempt to make the page more accessable to both color-blind users, and screen readers.  Indicating some condition only by a color change (that is, from red to green) is not considered accessable.   (Although they could have left the red/green coloring and ADDED the +/-)

•  Maybe the number one should correct or really need more attention i thought.