Name some good movies that you like!

• Law abiding citizen

First: Title is big misnomer. Nobody in film is obeying any laws. Main hero going in and out of prison like it was our college campus. Other hero trying to cut deals left and right like he was member of Congress Party in India who didn't want to lose his seat.

Second: Movie is slick. Action scenes are all good. Lots of explosive action. No sex, which in movie like this is plus.

I rate it 3 stars!

• Transporter

What beautiful movie this is! Everyone must watch. I give it 4 stars.

ALso noted there are two more parts. I must watch II and III. Hope they as good as I.

• @Nagesh said:

ALso noted there are two more parts. I must watch II and III. Hope they as good as I.

There is also transporter 2 and 3.

Of course each is a factor less fun.  But then again, there is also that new movie 'the mechanic' which is your basic jason badass movie.  

• @stratos said:

@Nagesh said:

There is also transporter 2 and 3.

Of course each is a factor less fun.  But then again, there is also that new movie 'the mechanic' which is your basic jason badass movie.  

I will look for mechanic. I need link to trailer on youtube.

• @Nagesh said:

I didn't like Transporter 2. The whole movie felt like the budget ran out halfway through. Both the villains are killed ridiculously quickly, disappointing fights. The special effects at the end were seriously at daytime news levels.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Nagesh said:

I didn't like Transporter 2. The whole movie felt like the budget ran out halfway through. Both the villains are killed ridiculously quickly, disappointing fights. The special effects at the end were seriously at daytime news levels.

Is news channel in America showig special effects?

• @Nagesh said:

@blakeyrat said:
    @Nagesh said:

Is news channel in America showig special effects?

Yeah, they feel compelled to create CGI "recreations" of events, especially plane crashes or building collapses. The CGI plane crash at the end of Transporter 2 (unless they've George Lucas'd it for the DVD release) was about the same quality as a local news station's CGI recreation of an actual plane crash.

• Black Swan

is playing in India in some theatres / talkies.

is it good to watch this movie? any personal opinions?

• Considered Harmful

The Stuff. It's better than either Fletch.

• A couple of months ago, I had to call up Verizon because my BB (Battery Backup Unit) was malfunctioning. They saw that we had been Verizon customers for 29 years this time that they offered to upgrade all three parts of my Triple Play for free, including the DVD service which we had not previously had.

So we now also get movie channels we did not previously get. Had the day off today for a woke holiday, decided to watch A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood from beginning to end.

Greatest movie since Gandhi. Worth every minute.

• Last night I decided to stay in and stream two movies I've seen before, but not for a couple of decades in either case:

(1) The bad: "Stuck on You". Dumb 1982 sex comedy from Troma. Only familiar face is the judge/angel played by Professor Irwin Corey, who gets a little of his familiar schtick into his performance (addressing the young couple by their first names and then belching, making the Ken and Barbie dolls he's playing with insult each other's sexual talents) but for the most part it's played way down from what we used to get on variety shows back in the day. At one point he combs his hair, puts on a respectable suit, and stands off to the side narrating in the style of Rod Serling; I swear that when I've watched this in the past I didn't realize it was him. The title refers to a bit where the couple decide to experiment with body-painting (which they specifically call out as sixties retro) and get glued together naked and face-to-face because the tube of super glue looks too much like the tubes of paint.

(2) The good: "Stagecoach". The 1939 John Ford original that pulled John Wayne off the B list after several years confined to Poverty Row. John Carradine plays a gambler who's cordial to the ladies and whose only "monster" tendencies are that he's still a staunch Confederate even after the war is over. Andy Devine as the driver a lot less of a buffoon than some of his later work, and I don't think I've seen a more stunning woman than Louise Platt. The only issue that a viewer today should have is the one-dimensional portrayal of the Indians; Geronimo is called out by name as the source of all the htrouble, yet he doesn't actually appear (nor do any of his warriors once the title vehicle makes it through the big chase scene.)

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is very very good. Tarantino at his cinema-loving best.

• @dkf said in Name some good movies that you like!:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is very very good. Tarantino at his cinema-loving best.

Anything by Tarantino is practically a shoe-in.

• Vanilla Sky

• @da-Doctah said in Name some good movies that you like!:

I don't think I've seen a more stunning woman than Louise Platt.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I haven't seen her movies, but judging by her pics I would describe her as very ordinary looking.

• Allure

Simultaneously interesting and disturbing. About an adult woman's relationship with a sixteen year old girl.

I cannot fathom that searching for <"Julia Sarah Stone" "anorexia nervosa"> returns no hits.

• Schindler's List

Yes, it lives up to its rep. Reminder of the pure evil that many are capable of. As well as a tale of redemption for one.

• Java Dev

@jinpa They fed it to us in elementary. Pretty sure we were too young for it back then, certainly didn't do anything for me at the time and I haven't seen it since.

• @PleegWat Interesting. I read about the Holocaust on my own when I was in grammar school, and it certainly affected me.