Funny stuff about Each Zodiac and how to piss them off?



  •  This seemed funny, thought I'd share it...



    http://www.mysticboard.com/general_discu…



    Opinions and comments are welcome.

    🙂



  • The fun part is makin fun of mysticism.

    In addition to it being bunk, there's the fun fact that many people now actually have a different sign due to stellar shift, and some people are currently under a thirteenth sign that is wholly undocumented in terms of astrology.

     

    The sad part is that Indian courts officially hold that Astrology is a valid science.



  • @dhromed said:

    The sad part is that Indian courts officially hold that Astrology is a valid science.
     

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/07/telegraph_astrology_bunkum/

    Not just a valid science, but it looks like it could be considered a valid medical practice. That's kinda scary. Their justification is that it's been practiced for over 4000 years.



  • @RHuckster said:

    @dhromed said:

    The sad part is that Indian courts officially hold that Astrology is a valid science.
     

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/07/telegraph_astrology_bunkum/

    Not just a valid science, but it looks like it could be considered a valid medical practice. That's kinda scary. Their justification is that it's been practiced for over 4000 years.

    People have been hucking loogies into ditches for 4000 years, so it's a valid medical practice. Duh. The logic makes perfect sense.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    People have been hucking loogies into ditches for 4000 years, so it's a valid medical practice. Duh. The logic makes perfect sense.
    I'm again fascinated by you english-speaking people that you have a distinct word for the concept of loogies. English is a great language.



  • @PSWorx said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    People have been hucking loogies into ditches for 4000 years, so it's a valid medical practice. Duh. The logic makes perfect sense.
    I'm again fascinated by you english-speaking people that you have a distinct word for the concept of loogies. English is a great language.

    Just remember that next time someone bitches about all the great concepts expressible in other languages that are awkward in English. Sure, the Danish have "hygge", but we got loogie.



  • Is it me, or is the "ways to devastate them" list pretty much a list of antisocial behaviors that would bother anyone?



  • That's the thing about astrology in general. They choose very broad generalizations for each sign so anyone can identify with it to some extent.



  • For my mind, the most interesting thing about the Reg article is the name of the legislation: the Drugs and Magical Remedies Act. Much cooler than the titles of legislation we get over here.



  • @Scarlet Manuka said:

    the Drugs and Magical Remedies Act
     

    Sounds like some Harry Potter bullshit.



  • @dhromed said:

    In addition to it being bunk, there's the fun fact that many people now actually have a different sign due to stellar shift, and some people are currently under a thirteenth sign that is wholly undocumented in terms of astrology.

    Someone asked me once whether you would use the sign according to the current positions of the stars or what they were when they were born. I did not know, but it would seem to be that using the stars when you were born would be more logical (the reason being that since it is based on your birthday, and presumably there is some sort of effect during that time). But astrology is just all stupid mixed up anyways, it isn't logical anyways, so it doesn't really matter. But it is still possible to have an effect (but not anything to do with what the horoscopes say or anything to do with the stars; you can treat the stars as just a calendar if you want to, though). Such as, if they are born in summer time or winter time, their mother might be doing different things based on that, and that might effect how their children observe things before they were one month old (sometimes). But none of this makes astrology to be a valid science or medicine. And what is thirteenth sign?



  • @zzo38 said:

    And what is thirteenth sign?

    It's like a like a lambda with a circle above it. Kind of like an [code]Å[/code], but without the the crossbar. The symbol represents an Egyptian pyramid, and it's used to represent Earth as a whole, IIRC.




    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaiFEI4nRzY].[/url]



  • @Xyro said:

    @zzo38 said:
    And what is thirteenth sign?

    It's like a like a lambda with a circle above it. Kind of like an <font size="2" face="Lucida Console">Å</font>, but without the the crossbar. The symbol represents an Egyptian pyramid, and it's used to represent Earth as a whole, IIRC.

     

    No, you're confusing that with Stargate SG1.



  • @PSWorx said:

    No, you're confusing that with Stargate SG1.

    Did you read the tags in Xyro's post?



  • @zzo38 said:

    And what is thirteenth sign?
     

    I mean that since astrology was developed, thousands upon thousands of years ago, the currently exists room in the timeframe of 1 year for people to be born under a sign that is not one of the twelve well-known signs.

    Maybe I should research it a bit further.

    Or maybe not.

    Maybe I'll go play some bass instead.

    Yeah.



  • @dhromed said:

    In addition to it being bunk, there's the fun fact that many people now actually have a different sign due to stellar shift, and some people are currently under a thirteenth sign that is wholly undocumented in terms of astrology.

    Are you talking Sidereal or Tropical? Generally, the popular western form is tropical, which is pegged to seasons, not constallations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology.

    @dhromed said:

    The sad part is that Indian courts officially hold that Astrology is a valid science.

    +1



  • Ophiuchus?



  •  So to clarify...

     

    All people: Human.

    How to piss them off: Be a dick to them.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.