Sharing is caring

• Maybe not a full-fledged WTF, but it still left me dumbfounded. After watching this week's Zero Punctuation, I noticed that there was your standard "Share" buttons for Facebook and Twitter, and also a "+". Intrigued, I clicked it.

This goes on for over twice my screen's height. Tipd? Mister Wong? People need to stop making these sites. I can still give them some credit for not making this a rollover...

• Whoah. And how is this ordered? I've got a Quicksort somewhere here they can use for free, as good as new, almost never been used.

• @b-redeker said:

Whoah. And how is this ordered? I've got a Quicksort somewhere here they can use for free, as good as new, almost never been used.

Whoa, feeling generous? I might give then a bubblesort in fair condition but not much else, I'm not going to break the radix pot over this

• 🚽 Regular

@serguey123 said:

@b-redeker said:

Whoah. And how is this ordered? I've got a Quicksort somewhere here they can use for free, as good as new, almost never been used.

Whoa, feeling generous? I might give then a bubblesort in fair condition but not much else, I'm not going to break the radix pot over this

Both of you are so naive. It's currently a seller's market on all this stuff. The thread-safe comb sort I got for $60 back in 2006 can now sell for over $1,000 today. It's obvious Zero Punctuation is looking poor just so it can get all these donations and resell them for insane prices. It's the oldest trick in the book! I suggest you hold onto them. Even a fair condition bubblesort can get you at least $200 right now. I betcha as soon as the sort bubble bursts (no pun intended), Zero Punctuation will mysteriously have all of these items sorted all of a sudden.

• The crowd wants to know: was there a TDWTF icon. Did you press it?

• MSDN? TechNet? Amazon Wish List?

Seriously?

• @b-redeker said:

And how is this ordered?
    Ordered by Σ hue+saturation+lightness of the site icons, of course. Isn't it obvious?

• @TarquinWJ said:

@b-redeker said:
    And how is this ordered?
    Ordered by Σ hue+saturation+lightness of the site icons, of course. Isn't it obvious?

Then how did Diigo get sorted AFTER Stumpedia?  Unless there's a flaw in the sort algorythm.

• @Medezark said:

@TarquinWJ said:
    @b-redeker said:
    And how is this ordered?
    Then how did Diigo get sorted AFTER Stumpedia?  Unless there's a flaw in the sort algorythm.
    It doesn't calculate transparent pixels correctly. I've made the same mistake coding my own ΣHSL sorting algorithm. It's not hard to correct once you notice it, but it's not something you think about when you write it. I'd be willing to part with my patch for only $75 dollars.

• @Xyro said:

I'd be willing to part with my patch for only $75 dollars.

I could get pesto to do it for $8 dollars.

• @b-redeker said:

Would an alphabetical sort really be more useful than the one they have used, which looks to me very much like "most-used/popular first"?

• @DaveK said:

@b-redeker said:

Would an alphabetical sort really be more useful than the one they have used, which looks to me very much like "most-used/popular first"?

Most popular makes total sense for the first 6-8 that they show (but why is twitter not in that list?) However, if after that you have dozens and dozens of options, it would be much easier to find your particular choice based on alphabet. Especially if this list is dynamic.

• I think the name "Shoutwire" sums up everything that's wrong with that list.

It reminds me of a comment my wife made after she watched a particularly bad dance concert. She said, "I just wanted to tell the choreographer, 'Stop expressing yourself all over me!'"

• @serguey123 said:

@b-redeker said:

too late guys, it's obvious they've bought my "ORDER BY RANDOM()" sort for a discount price of $299, so they're certainly not going to let go of it

• @SEMI-HYBRID code said:

too late guys, it's obvious they've bought my "ORDER BY RANDOM()" sort for a discount price of $299, so they're certainly not going to let go of it

Damn, I was trying to sell them on "ORDER BY NEWID()" at a $50 premium.

•  Looks like they used Intelligent Design Sort.  Which seems ironic considering the content of the list, but I'm not going to argue about it.