Handy shortcuts in FireBug

•  I wonder which great mind from the FireBug development team decided on the keyboard shortcuts in the latest version (I think it's already a bit old, I don't update my addons very often).

I suppose it was a Mac user, because I don't believe Ctrl+Shift+Arrow keys work on Mac as they do on Windows and in the popular desktop environments on Linux.

Also the  keyboard shortcuts dialog is kind of WTF-y. The edit boxes are not read only, so I can use backspace in them, making a shortcut like "Ctrl+Shift+Rig", I wonder how that works. Finally I can't seem to figure out how to disable or remove a certain shortcut entirely, but that might just be me.

• I'd suggest that the awkward shortcuts would be because it has to remain compatible with Firefox itself. All the obvious shortcuts are taken by firefox, so it needs to use less obvious ones.

That's what I'd suggest. I haven't researched it.

•  Thanks - you just solved the mystery of the broken keyboard shortcuts in gmail. This has been frustrating me for weeks, and I thought it was something gmail did.

•  @monguin61 said:

Thanks - you just solved the mystery of the broken keyboard shortcuts in gmail. This has been frustrating me for weeks, and I thought it was something gmail did.

You're welcome. I was bothered by that problem for some too, when I Googled I found out the problem was with FireBug's keyboard shortcuts.

• Already fixed in beta. Should ship soon, if not sooner.

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=3721

• I thought Ctrl+Shift+R was supposed to be for "reload, bypassing cache".

Or does nobody use those kind of shortcuts now and everyone uses the "cooler" Ctrl+F5.

•  @MiffTheFox said:

and everyone uses the "cooler" Ctrl+F5.

F5 is the perennial Refresh key.

• I didn't even know that also worked...