Success Guaranteed

• For one of our customers I have to rewrite some old SQL 2000 DTS Packages to SSIS. While looking through these packages I see an ActiveX Script Task with the following content that is popping up about 4 times in the middle of each package

'**********************************************************************
    '  Visual Basic ActiveX Script
    '************************************************************************

Function Main()
    	Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success
    End Function

•  Maybe they forgot the "obsolete, converting to no-op" comment?

• :belt_onion:

@coentje said:

For one of our customers I have to rewrite some old SQL 2000 DTS Packages to SSIS. While looking through these packages I see an ActiveX Script Task with the following content that is popping up about 4 times in the middle of each package

'**********************************************************************
    '  Visual Basic ActiveX Script
    '************************************************************************

Function Main()
    	Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success
    End Function

You're not at Euroclear by any chance, are you?

• It has to return success or it breaks the chain and the job fails. DTS wasn't really full of beauty or anything, but it got some pretty complicated jobs done fairly reliably if you knew how to use it.

• No, to be honest I never heard of them and I think that it might be best to keep it that way since you seem familiar with this pattern.

• I have made many things in DTS and always loved it (untill i met SSIS) I can imagine doing this as the last step in a package but not at 3 different points in a single package. If that is needed to make the package succeed you are (IMHO) really doing something wrong.