Apparently I'm as bad at budgeting as California?

• Eh, so I guess I just won't buy any computer games in November, and I won't buy any Everything Else for the next 750 years, and it'll come out even.

• @fennec said:

I won't buy any Everything Else for the next 750 years
    Well ... did you actually spend $90K on something other than entertainment? Like a house, for example. 'Cos if you did, I don't see a WTF (except that you only budgeted $10 for a house, in which case, you are clearly the WTF). Also, unless you're going to live off the discarded baked beans from someone else's rubbish, $10 seems just a little bit too low to survive for a month.

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

We're obviously not seeing all the categories. Just the ones over the limit. 

But yeah, more context is required, because it's entirely possible to overspend your budget if your budget is faulty to begin with.

• @yamikuronue said:

But yeah, more context is required, because it's entirely possible to overspend your budget if your budget is faulty to begin with.
    By 90k$?

• @Lingerance said:

@yamikuronue said:
    By 90k$?

Perhaps you've never received a bill for necessary surgery?

• @arty said:

@Lingerance said:
    @yamikuronue said:
    By 90k$?

Because surgery should obviously go into "Everything Else".  That's totally the most sensible place to put it.

• @DescentJS said:

@arty said:

@Lingerance said:
    @yamikuronue said:
    By 90k$?

Because surgery should obviously go into "Everything Else".  That's totally the most sensible place to put it.

It's not really obvious how to budget for an unexpected one-time expense of $40k post-insurance. Neither having its own bucket nor not having it makes any real sense from a budget perspective.

• @DescentJS said:

I, for one, think it should go under "Entertainment".

• @Zecc said:

I've read your tags, Yes

• @Zecc said:

@DescentJS said:

I, for one, think it should go under "Entertainment".

Well anesthesia certainly can be groovy.  In fact, preanesthetic agents are even cooler.

• @fluffy777 said:

Holy s***, they did it! http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2009/04/have-you-ever-legalized-marijuana.html

One of Steve's dumbest posts. Well, it starts out ok, and has an all right idea, but the whole bit about marijuana is rather foolish. It falls into the opposite problemfrom "shit's easy"- shit's impossible! With that mindset, if he's trapped in a burning building, he wouldn't try to get out. I mean, he could break the window and jump out. But where would he run to? What if there are bears outside? Which hospital will he want to go to when he breaks his leg on the ground? What if when he runs to the neighbors they decide to kidnap him?

Boy, unless he can answer all those questions, he'd better not take any action! Better stay inside the building, brainstorming ideas. Solutions must be 100% perfect before they can be implemented. Never mind that the example he picked (like my example) is terrible, since you really can answer just about all of those questions with "just do what we do for alcohol". The shit, in this case, really is pretty easy.

• @arty said:

post-insurance

Wait, what?  Can those words possibly mean what they appear to say?

• No, I really didn't spend $90k. I spent like... $45. :b