No hard drives

•  Wait what?

Where the fuck are my HDs?

That's Vista Business, and I'm local admin sans UAC*. It's a Dell Vostro, and the primary and recovery partition function completely normally in Explorer.

*) I would turn it on, but I can't find a way to a) make sure a tool I have on startup starts silently instead of UAC blocking it and b) keep access to my goddamn files.**

**) UAC prevented me from saving some local files I had copied off the server. You know, for work. The Fuck.

• You forgot to reference the first footnote. I desire to know where it belongs.

•  I clearly remember putting a *, but whatever. Fixed.

• @dhromed said:

Wait what?

Where the fuck are my HDs?

That's Vista Business, and I'm local admin sans UAC*. It's a Dell Vostro, and the primary and recovery partition function completely normally in Explorer.

*) I would turn it on, but I can't find a way to a) make sure a tool I have on startup starts silently instead of UAC blocking it and b) keep access to my goddamn files.

) UAC prevented me from saving some local files I had copied off the server. You know, for work. The Fuck.

I'll help you if you change your system language to English and re-do that screenshot. Not that I need you to, but it's always good to make users jump through hoops to ensure they don't bother you without good reason.

• You don't need HDs, Windows runs "in the cloud" now. Doncha know?

•  It's slightly ironic that it's listing everything that has nothing in it, i.e. the optical drives and flash media plugs.

It's also ironic that computers have tons of front-loading tiny data drives, even though nerds of our caliber tend to move more stuff and just yank out one of the multiple hard drives.

• @dhromed said:

The theoretical bandwidth of a bike ride with a 2TB drive in my inside pocket is about 58400Mbps

A 30 second bike ride? I agree, that is impressing.

• @PSWorx said:

No, a 5 minute bike ride. 58400Mbps works out to 7+ GB/s, which is 2TB for a 4-5 minute ride.

• @dhromed said:

@PSWorx said:

No, a 5 minute bike ride. 58400Mbps works out to 7+ GB/s, which is 2TB for a 4-5 minute ride.

hmm, agreed. I've accidentally used the fascinating unit of MegaBytes/s instead of Megabits/s in my calculations. My bad...

•  It was indeed curious that you were off by a factor of ~8.

I double-checked myself because I'm notorious for making a small mistake in a long train of simple calculations like that.