I nedd a help !!



  • Hi
    please , if anyone can help me to find the failures of software system of petSmart(the causes of this failure) please it's so urgent



  • Uh.  Can you provide more detail on your request?



  • first of all, thanks for your reply
    then, my request is to put out the failures and the negative points in the software system of "petSmart"(company to take care about pets) exp : failures in estimation of costs,bad planning, etc
    i searched, but all i get is articles about petsmart itself(introduction of the company, services,..) but what i need is any link talking about the software system of this company and especially the bad things about it
    i hope it's clear now
    thanks



  • Good luck.  I'm tempted to close this because it looks like you're fishing for exploits, but I don't know if you're actually that dumb.

    I'll give it a week and if it gets no response, this thread is going byebye.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Good luck.  I'm tempted to close this because it looks like you're fishing for exploits, but I don't know if you're actually that dumb.

    I'll give it a week and if it gets no response, this thread is going byebye.

    Or we could just ban him, he'll complain about the moderators doing something absurd like preventing the masses from using his great program, and it'll spawn 3 huge 1000+ page threads, the first of which will reveal the biggest stealth-troll, prompt the local fireman to try and ban the troll causing a split in the IRC channel and an exodius from the forums, after a while the split with slowly heal and everyone will get along again.



  • @Lingerance said:

    Or we could just ban him, he'll complain about the moderators doing something absurd like preventing the masses from using his great program, and it'll spawn 3 huge 1000+ page threads, the first of which will reveal the biggest stealth-troll, prompt the local fireman to try and ban the troll causing a split in the IRC channel and an exodius from the forums, after a while the split with slowly heal and everyone will get along again.
     

    Glad that's covered, then.



  • @dhromed said:

    @Lingerance said:

    Or we could just ban him, he'll complain about the moderators doing something absurd like preventing the masses from using his great program, and it'll spawn 3 huge 1000+ page threads, the first of which will reveal the biggest stealth-troll, prompt the local fireman to try and ban the troll causing a split in the IRC channel and an exodius from the forums, after a while the split with slowly heal and everyone will get along again.
     

    Glad that's covered, then.

    i didn't understand your reply

    EDIT: Mod: Please quote the motherfucker to whom you're responding.  It helps us all.  Love, BTK



  • @houda said:

    i didn't understand your reply
     

    Your request is vague and seemingly unrelated to programming or system engineering. 

    What software system?



  • INFORMATION SYSTEM



  • Houda -- Your request is vague, and lacks any points which can be addressed.

    It appears, based on your evasive answers to all request's for clarifications on your request that you are either fishing for possible exploits, or attempting to ride on the coat-tails of this forums users in order to catalog a list of "fixes" in order to obtain work by spurious means. Or you're working on a homework assignment.



  •  Communicating in text within the context of casual online discourse is a skill for which some people just do not have the knack.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Good luck.  I'm tempted to close this because it looks like you're fishing for exploits, but I don't know if you're actually that dumb.

    I'll give it a week and if it gets no response, this thread is going byebye.

    As a fellow mod, my vote is to save this thread for its shear comical value. Perhaps moving it to the funny stuff forum would be appropriate. 



  • @galgorah said:

    @belgariontheking said:

    Good luck.  I'm tempted to close this because it looks like you're fishing for exploits, but I don't know if you're actually that dumb.

    I'll give it a week and if it gets no response, this thread is going byebye.

    As a fellow mod, my vote is to save this thread for its shear comical value. Perhaps moving it to the funny stuff forum would be appropriate. 

    Yeah, either move it to "funny stuff", or delete it. My curiosity on just wth houda wants is getting the better of me.



  • I moved it.



  • @galgorah said:

    As a fellow mod, my vote is to save this thread for its shear comical value. Perhaps moving it to the funny stuff forum would be appropriate. 
    Normally I would agree, but I just don't find it humorous.  At this point, this guy has proven his stupidity so I think it should go byebye, but I'll give him the week I said I would.

    Also I don't want someone stumbling on this thread and thinking that it's okay to use this forum as a means to h4X0rz the boxes of legitimate comanies.



  • vraiment c'est super gentil, j'ai pas cru que vos réponses seront de cette débilité
    je suis entrain de faire une recherche sur les raisons d'echec des systèmes d'information et j'ai pris petsmart comme exemple, mais visiblement que personne comprends, donc si vous n'arrivez pas à aider les autres, vaut mieux fermer ce forum ou moindre des chose, ne pas se moquer des autres



  • @houda said:

    really is super nice, I do not believe that your answers will be of this weakness I'm doing a research on the reasons for failure of information systems and took PetSmart as an example, but obviously that person understand, so if you can not help others, better close this forum or less of something, do not make fun of others

    That's the Google translate of what you said. 

    I mistook your inability to speak English for stupidity.  For that I apologize.

    That said, I'm not sure this forum is the right place for you if you can't express your thoughts well in English.  



  • @houda said:

    j'ai pas cru que vos réponses seront de cette débilité
     

    Fact of the matter is that Google Translate produces better Anglais than your previous posts, so you did come across as something of an imbécile.

    And even with a functional translation handy, "les raisons d'echec des systèmes d'information" is still too broad and vague for a discussion proper. If you're doing serious research, surely you have specific questions, non?

    @houda said:

    ne pas se moquer des autres
     

    This forum's raison d'être is more or less mockery, sarcasm, satire, parody.

    Also ponies and surprise buttsex, but that's a different thread.



  • @houda said:

    vraiment c'est super gentil, j'ai pas cru que vos réponses seront de cette débilité
    je suis entrain de faire une recherche sur les raisons d'echec des systèmes d'information et j'ai pris petsmart comme exemple, mais visiblement que personne comprends, donc si vous n'arrivez pas à aider les autres, vaut mieux fermer ce forum ou moindre des chose, ne pas se moquer des autres

    Ah, I thought so --- It's a homework assignment. I'm very sorry, but your question is still extremely broad and unfocused, maybe if you could post the entirety of your assignment in English? Or maybe you can do the first parts of your research yourself, and then ome back to the forum with more focused questions?

    Unfortunately, PetSmart's ERP/MRP software of choice is not known to us (generally) and those of us who did know would not be able to divulge such information.

    Also, knowing that this forum's primary language is English, your decision to post in French is highly disingenuous.



  • @Medezark said:

    I'm very sorry, but your question is still extremely broad and unfocused, maybe if you could post the entirety of your assignment in English?
    .. and the email address of the tutor in question so solutions may be posted them directly instead of the rather circuitous route of 3rd parties...



  • @Medezark said:

    your decision to post in French is highly disingenuous.
     

    There's no rule here that dictates that deviation from English is a punishable offense. Me, I'm amused by the color that multilanguage brings, provided I can understand it. French so far appears to be no great problem for most of us.

    English remains the primary and superior choice, of course.



  • I hav a help !!

    I know the petSmart information systems and can provide information of systems.  petSmart uses industry-standard Enterprise backend and frontend systems.  They also have HR and billing systems.  What else systems do you need to know?



  • THANKS XYRO
    if you have more details about these systems(if you have a link for example) , and what i search are the problems of this systems

    thank you



  • @houda said:

    THANKS XYRO
     

    Xyro was being sarcastic.

    Pretty much every company uses "systems".

    It's like asking:

    — What sort of fruit do you have?
    — The fruity kind.

     

    What's the specific goal of your research? Basically all companies use some manner of IT systems. All systems have problems. Focusing on PetSmart's IT department doesn't seem very productive to me, unless you already know what's wrong with it and need to analyze it.



  • Re: I hæv a help !!

    @dhromed said:

    @houda said:
    THANKS XYRO
    Xyro was being sarcastic.
    Do not besmirch my good name!@houda said:
    if you have more details about these systems(if you have a link for example) , and what i search are the problems of this systems

    thank you

    I have many links for these systems like this one: http://help.petsmart.com/electronic-training/.  As you can see, some of their systems are vulnerable to brute force attacks.  Abuse of the systems is also a trouble.  Sometimes passwords can be guessed if they are not strong.  BUT DO NOT HACK THEM.



  • thanks very much



  • @houda said:

    THANKS XYRO
    if you have more details about these systems(if you have a link for example) , and what i search are the problems of this systems

    thank you

    In my experience, PetSmart has certain issues with the mimsy calliper backend - it can be frumious under petulant conditions. Significantly, there are extensive studies showing the link between this and eventual rasket breakdown at the moment of initialisation. The information co-system generator can therefore become systematically decorticated in real time using the eigenvector of the co-ordinate values within a limited field, although obviously not in all such situations in practice.

    In addition, there are multiple submanciple phases to the reticulation which result in end-user security vulnerabilities, and one should never neglect the human factor. Ultimately, latency within the storage coil - or other comparable data structure - is only as importunate as the real-world applications allow it to be. A company culture of gyre-ing and gimbling in the wabeis vital to preserve ultimate performance of efficient and slithy sub-system resource utilisation.



  • @houda said:

    thanks very much
    You are so very welcome. But do pay attention to davedave's warnings, which I neglected to include.

    After all, many hackers worldwide would agree that, had it not been for
    e-business, the simulation of scatter/gather I/O might never have
    occurred. Given the current status of efficient communication,
    physicists obviously desire the emulation of IPv7, which embodies the
    structured principles of e-voting technology.  In fact, I would argue that that the partition table and
    DHTs are never incompatible. Existing
    certifiable and highly-available heuristics use active networks to
    locate trainable symmetries. This combination of properties has not yet
    been synthesized in prior work.

    Good luck on your newfound knowledge's application! 



  • @Xyro said:

    Good luck on your newfound knowledge's application! 
    When are we going to talk about the hairy ball theorem?



  • Hey, I heard someone talk about hairy balls so I thought I'd stop in and say hi.



  • IPv7 embodying principles of voting technology? What?! No, IPv7 is more of a sub-permafrost obfuscation layer for the beta of IPv9, which should be available from Microsoft's website within twelve parsecs of the Kepler radiation belt! Everyone knows you can take a phased polaron beam to the Jraenar, but you can't force them to download hentai at 65 megabits per second - the frozznostic deconfabulators in your Artemis node will NOT hold up under that kind of zebulosity! Also, under NO circumstances attempt to mock the dead dragon's skull. The Horseless Headless Horsemann is not a pet. The Horseless Headless Horsemann is not for target practice. Any unauthorized feeding of the Horseless Headless Horsemann WILL be punished!



  • @dhromed said:

    @Medezark said:

    your decision to post in French is highly disingenuous.
     

    There's no rule here that dictates that deviation from English is a punishable offense. Me, I'm amused by the color that multilanguage brings, provided I can understand it. French so far appears to be no great problem for most of us.

    English remains the primary and superior choice, of course.


    I may have been misunderstood, it was not that he posted in french, but that he WAITED until he felt insulted and did not get the answers he wanted to revert to french.



  • @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

    @houda said:
    THANKS XYRO
    if you have more details about these systems(if you have a link for example) , and what i search are the problems of this systems

    thank you

    In my experience, PetSmart has certain issues with the mimsy calliper backend - it can be frumious under petulant conditions. Significantly, there are extensive studies showing the link between this and eventual rasket breakdown at the moment of initialisation. The information co-system generator can therefore become systematically decorticated in real time using the eigenvector of the co-ordinate values within a limited field, although obviously not in all such situations in practice.

    In addition, there are multiple submanciple phases to the reticulation which result in end-user security vulnerabilities, and one should never neglect the human factor. Ultimately, latency within the storage coil - or other comparable data structure - is only as importunate as the real-world applications allow it to be. A company culture of gyre-ing and gimbling in the wabeis vital to preserve ultimate performance of efficient and slithy sub-system resource utilisation.

    I can not believe that you are ACTUALLY answering his question. I am certain his teacher already went over some of these issues (like avoiding rasket breakdown, for example), but you've revealed enough information on how their security systems work that any hacker could now break into PetSmart's systems with ease (mimsy calliper backend). And anyone could get complete control of their financial system knowing that, if one were to time it against a borogrovian-matrix while outgrabing.......

    And don't get me started on the National Security ramification.



  • @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

    the eigenvector of the co-ordinate values within a limited field

    These eigenvectors are usually trivial by means of the subspace devision theorem. That means that the group theoretical proof of the axiom of choice utilizes results from a Turing paper that itself failed to mention they cannot be proved without Zorn's lemma. I.e., your argument, while mostly accepted, is founded on a circular reasoning every proper Mathematician would consider ridiculous at best. Also, while the concept of co-ordinate values is extremely plausible and has been proved for many special cases, the application to limited field is highly suspicious. It has been successfully applied to quotient fields of finite fields, but those are usually unlimited, so there is no way you can claim it to be true in general.

    Please do some research before mis-informing people on the Internet.



  • By the way, if it's to difficult for you to work through all that material, I've made a PDF for you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cu3uudz6khdris2/houda.pdf

    If you need the source tex file, I can give you that, too. Simply ask.



  • @derula said:

    By the way, if it's to difficult for you to work through all that material, I've made a PDF for you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cu3uudz6khdris2/houda.pdf

    If you need the source tex file, I can give you that, too. Simply ask.
     

    You have a typo in the footnote in that pdf.  "depatable"



  • @derula said:

    @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:
    the eigenvector of the co-ordinate values within a limited field

    These eigenvectors are usually trivial by means of the subspace devision theorem. That means that the group theoretical proof of the axiom of choice utilizes results from a Turing paper that itself failed to mention they cannot be proved without Zorn's lemma. I.e., your argument, while mostly accepted, is founded on a circular reasoning every proper Mathematician would consider ridiculous at best. Also, while the concept of co-ordinate values is extremely plausible and has been proved for many special cases, the application to limited field is highly suspicious. It has been successfully applied to quotient fields of finite fields, but those are usually unlimited, so there is no way you can claim it to be true in general.

    Please do some research before mis-informing people on the Internet.

    Goodness me, don't know what I was thinking there - I wrote limited fields, but of course I meant finite. That said, the n-space quantum Lobachevksy-continua approach has suggested possible rectifications for the flaws you so accurately described. Of course, this will always remain contentious, but it's my personal opinion that although this approach may seem unwieldy, simply train yourself to think simultaneously in 37 n-space dimensions and it becomes a great aid to visualising functions which would otherwise be extremely complex.



  • While I agree with that sentiment, space can be viewed as an extremely fine fabric of finite quantised loops of excited gravitational fields. When viewed over time, these spin networks are called spin foam, which should not be confused with quantum foam. Just FYI.

    Other technical problems includes finding off-shell closure of the constraint algebra and physical inner product vector space, coupling to matter fieldsand the fate of the renormalization of the graviton in perturbation theory that lead to ultraviolet divergence beyond 2-loops One-loop Feynman diagram. The fate of Lorentz invariance remains an open problem. Another problem is that a crucial free parameter in the theory known as the Immirzi parameter, which can only be computed by demanding agreement with Bekenstein.

    Specifically, the dynamics of the theory is encoded in the Hamiltonian constraint, but there is no candidate Hamiltonian.

    So there you have it, I guess.



  • @DescentJS said:

    You have a typo in the footnote in that pdf.  "depatable"

    Not a typo. More a stylistic element to express the lack of perfection when it comes to human application of theoretical approaches to computer science. More precisely, I tried to show how the formal language L={w | w is an English word}∪{depatable} is perceived by the human eye as English for the most part, where in theory, sentences like "Drop green foot emergent honey con derby heretical barns" are completely valid sentences in L. Which goes to show how we can not see theory bears fruit in praxis, especially when it comes to information system as complex as petSmart's. Sometimes you just don't have a choice but to believe what the bible tells you, day one issues often overshadowed by the wisdom of your very own mother. This isn't about the problems in a computer program - this is about so much more! I'd even go as far to say the fate on the universe depends on the solemnity of a singular circle in the silent serenity of social satori seeking souls, set to the sound of soothing stimulators for our sonic senses.



  • @derula said:

    I've made a PDF for you:
     

    I detest websites that slipstream a popup into your click.



  • @derula said:

    I'd even go as far to say the fate on the universe depends on the solemnity of a singular circle in the silent serenity of social satori seeking souls, set to the sound of soothing stimulators for our sonic senses.
    :')



  • @dhromed said:

    @derula said:
    I've made a PDF for you:
     I detest websites that slipstream a popup into your click.

    I am sorry I was not aware that mediafire does that. I've been blocking popups for the past 10 years or so. I heard even Internet Explorer does it now!



  • @derula said:

    I am sorry I was not aware that mediafire does that. I've been blocking popups for the past 10 years or so. I heard even Internet Explorer does it now!
     

    Which browser do you use? Apparently FFX's blocker doesn't catch every one.



  • @houda said:

    vraiment c'est super gentil, j'ai pas cru que vos réponses seront de cette débilité
    je suis entrain de faire une recherche sur les raisons d'echec des systèmes d'information et j'ai pris petsmart comme exemple, mais visiblement que personne comprends, donc si vous n'arrivez pas à aider les autres, vaut mieux fermer ce forum ou moindre des chose, ne pas se moquer des autres
     

    Aie mes yeux!

    Tres cher Houda, sache qu'une bonne question, c'est deja 50% de la reponse. Malheureusement, ta question est bien trop vague pour que quiconque puisse y apporter une reponse decente.

    De plus, tu conviendras que le choix du forum "funny stuff" est quelque peu incongru si tu souhaites des reponses quelque peu serieuse.

     

    Dans l'attente de lire une question correctement formulee a laquelle nous pourrons repondre a hauteur de tes espoirs,

    Bien a toi,

    FrogEater



  • @dhromed said:

    Which browser do you use? Apparently FFX's blocker doesn't catch every one.

    Must be AdBlock Plus, then.



  • @FrogEater said:

    De plus, tu conviendras que le choix du forum "funny stuff" est quelque peu incongru si tu souhaites des reponses quelque peu serieuse.

    He didn't post it here, it got moved.



  •  My apologizes in this case :)



  • Dude, derula, you're scaring me.



  • @FrogEater said:

    @houda said:

    vraiment c'est super gentil, j'ai pas cru que vos réponses seront de cette débilité je suis entrain de faire une recherche sur les raisons d'echec des systèmes d'information et j'ai pris petsmart comme exemple, mais visiblement que personne comprends, donc si vous n'arrivez pas à aider les autres, vaut mieux fermer ce forum ou moindre des chose, ne pas se moquer des autres
     

    Aie mes yeux!

    Tres cher Houda, sache qu'une bonne question, c'est deja 50% de la reponse. Malheureusement, ta question est bien trop vague pour que quiconque puisse y apporter une reponse decente.

    De plus, tu conviendras que le choix du forum "funny stuff" est quelque peu incongru si tu souhaites des reponses quelque peu serieuse.

     

    Dans l'attente de lire une question correctement formulee a laquelle nous pourrons repondre a hauteur de tes espoirs,

    Bien a toi,

    FrogEater

    Unless you personally know houda, it seems your use of tu and toi might seem insulting, you should use Vous and Votre.

    Houda, Et si on se tutoyait?



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Dude, derula, you're scaring me.

    That's what she said.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.