How do you let everyone know that Email is down?

• By emailing them...Of course.

• You got the message though?

• Since this looks like Gmail, I'll assume you're not on their mail server and their server died instead of yours.

In which case I'd like to point out that it's completely possible to send a message with a different From: address than your own, and people would be quite likely to see this upon logging into their email to send something to a school. What's wrong?

• I checked the header details before posting and they are the same as the previous emails. But I am wrong and jumped the gun. They might have been referring to the personal emails versus the distro (which if I remember is on a different network). Although they should have clarified what emails they were talking about.

Oh well...

• @jasmine2501 said:

You got the message though?
    I suppose it got sent when the server came back up.

• @lolwtf said:

@jasmine2501 said:
    You got the message though?
    I suppose it got sent when the server came back up.
    Or they got Chuck Norris to send it.

• @DOA said:

Or they got Chuck Norris to send it.

+1 stealth Norris joke

• Not long ago I got an e-mail from our IT Admin stating that the e-mail server is now back and fully functional again.
    Of course, the timestamp of when it was sent, and when I actually got it, was about 3 hours apart, and during that time I had gotten no e-mail what so ever.

Turns out he sent that mail as the first thing he did when the server went belly up, so it was pretty much the first mail everyone got when it was back.

I lol'd.