There's more where that came from— apparently

• I'm finished with Fallout 3, and am looking for a new game. Enter the ME2 demo.

Steam can't count.

And yes, that TOTAL number was updating in sync with the item.

In other news, is anyone else having a secret hardon/moisty for Portal 2? Fuuuuuck yeshh

• Do not look into the operational end of the device. Do not touch the operational end of the device. Do not submerge the device in water, even partially. Under no circumstances you should ever--- [i](cut off by static)[/i]

•  Yeah.

Mass Effect 2 is underwhelming, so far.

• Funny thing really. You should think a programmer would appreciate the lack of complexity in ME2.

• @Shortjob said:

Funny thing really. You should think a programmer would appreciate the lack of complexity in ME2.

Not sure if serious.... so I'm going to break down some facts.

Facts:

- I am a programmer.
    - Beeing a programmer says nothing about a love or distaste for complexity
    - ME2 hasn't much in the way of complexity (so far) and yet is cumbersome to use in many ways. That's a feat.
    - I enjoyed the complexity of Fallout 3 and enjoyed the simplicity of that old DOS chestnut, Raptor. So it's about how well-designed the game is.

I'm playing the demo, and am at the part where I just released an angry chick called Jack. I'm absolutely surprised at how fucking plasticky the indoor environments look. The character motion and design is very good, but the personalities suck.

Not a fan of party-based gameplay. I don't experience it as new tactical interestingess, but rather having abilities that are effectively my own, as the player, but spread out across two other characters and I have to do more work to access their abilities.

Often when I zoomed in with the sniper rifle, the crosshair was pointing at a different place than third-person view. I don't know how that happens. Maybe I was being spastic, but no other game I've played does this, so I'm blaming the game anyway.

Third-person view sucks. The guy is in the way.  A take-cover button sucks. I can't even crouch or jump.

That chick with the black hair in the tighty whitey padded clothes whose name I don't care about has an awesome cameltoe.

I'm giving it another chance, but it's not looking good.

• @dhromed said:

Not sure if serious....

I wasn't.

@dhromed said:

That chick with the black hair in the tighty whitey padded clothes

That's one of the chicks you can nail before your last mission.

• @Shortjob said:

I wasn't.

So programmers do not appreciate ME2's lack of complexity?

ME2 has complexity and programmers are likely to appreciate it?

@Shortjob said:

That camel toe did not go wasted.

• @dhromed said:

So programmers do not appreciate ME2's lack of complexity?

ME2 has complexity and programmers are likely to appreciate it?

At first I did not appreciate the lack of complexity. But in the end I let myself be submerged by the storyline and I was greatful for not having to use the inventory screen too often. I call it "suspension of challenge".

@dhromed said:

@Shortjob said:

That camel toe did not go wasted.

QFT.

• @Shortjob said:

At first I did not appreciate the lack of complexity. But in the end I let myself be submerged by the storyline and I was greatful for not having to use the inventory screen too often. I call it "suspension of challenge".

I shall give it another chance. And also rebind keys in such a way that I can reach the Powershortcuts. I usually rebind everything to the numpad due to its grid layout, and keep similar things under the same key as much as possible, but here, it seems inefficient.