Well, at least he warned us ...



  • I was opening the source for a Windows Service's well known repository, hoping to get a few hints on how this thing works.
    On the second line of the file I read :

    [CODE]
    /*
    Disclaimer: Yes this code is so ugly (that I added, not the original Craig Link stuff)
    that it may burn down your PC and kill your cat! But what can I say.. its C, and all
    I got is the platform SDK here. Bit violations of TCHAR stuff (dont use the _TEXT things
    always, some hardcoded widechar) and some strings should be defined in header file.
    */
    [/CODE]

    Oh well, I think I'll go back to the old MSDN. At least they make us believe their code is not crappy...



  • So TRWTF obviously is this?

    @setasensei said:

    I think I'll go back to the old MSDN. At least they make us believe their code is not crappy...

    Have you seen some of their headers like COM stuff etc? Or used that shit??
    I scream bloody murder everytime I have to use some of their fucked up APIs.



  • @topspin said:

    So TRWTF obviously is this?

    @setasensei said:

    I think I'll go back to the old MSDN. At least they make us believe their code is not crappy...

    Have you seen some of their headers like COM stuff etc? Or used that shit??
    I scream bloody murder everytime I have to use some of their fucked up APIs.

    You don't have to look at the headers. Just read the docs. If it's not in the docs, you're not supposed to use it.


  • Reading the docs only leads to the same conclusion though, just may be a bit slower.



  • The problem with the documentation is that it often contradicts itself and/or refers to missing documentation. If I ever have to use MFC/ATL again, I'll kill the person who made me write the code. Then I'll revive them and do it again for good measure.



  • @Gazzonyx said:

    I'll kill the person who made me write the code. Then I'll revive them and do it again for good measure.
     

    This is for you.



  • @dhromed said:

    @Gazzonyx said:

    I'll kill the person who made me write the code. Then I'll revive them and do it again for good measure.
     

    This is for you.


    Thanks, that made me feel warm and fuzzy. I think it scared everyone at work when I shattered the silence in the office with uncontrollable laughter, though.



  •  Thanks to PA's excellent archive & search feature, we can now enrich a joke with visual in mere minutes.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.