Tequila is interesting drink, especially caused expressions faces



  • While slacking at work and going through my RSS items today, I clicked through to one of those stupid sites that basically rips off content from other, better, blogs and re-presents it as their own (with a tiny citation section at the end to make it all look legit.) This particular site had a pop-up ad that triggered when I clicked the page:

    This item is basically the best thing ever:



  • veroorzaakte expressiegezichten.

     

    Chow down, chica!



  •  Is TRWTF that the lime is facing the wrong way?



  • I can't tell which way the lime is facing, but it's obvious the lemon is facing the wrong way.



  • @SilentRunner said:

    I can't tell which way the lime is facing, but it's obvious the lemon is facing the wrong way.
     

    c'mon, it's obvious, normal of the lemon HAS to be facing TOWARDS you, otherwise the lemon would be rendered invisible!


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @SEMI-HYBRID code said:

    @SilentRunner said:

    I can't tell which way the lime is facing, but it's obvious the lemon is facing the wrong way.
     

    c'mon, it's obvious, normal of the lemon HAS to be facing TOWARDS you, otherwise the lemon would be rendered invisible!

    Apropos of nothing in particular


  • @SilentRunner said:

    I can't tell which way the lime is facing, but it's obvious the lemon is facing the wrong way.

     

    I would agree that lemon is the citrus fruit of choice to accompany tequila but the fruit in the picture looks green to me.  As far as I can tell that means:

    a) it's a lime
    b) it's a green lemon
    c) my eyes and/or monitor are screwed

    Any opinions?



  • @RTapeLoadingError said:

    c) my eyes and/or monitor are screwed

    That.

    All colours in the general lemon area are a little bit on the red side of yellow, like cbbe33, cdc43b and d4c943. You should do somethng about your monitor, perhaps.



  • I call green (although I could also be suffering from option c...)

    On a tangent, my tequila citrus of choice is orange, with ground cinnamon instead of the salt :)



  • @dhromed said:

    All colours in the general lemon area are a little bit on the red side of yellow, like cbbe33, cdc43b and d4c943.


    Most, yes, but not all.

    I'm finding some green-side-of-yellow readings like c1c636, cdce59, c6c937.

    Even the roughly-equal red/green pixels look greenish to me, possibly because of the eye's higher sensitivity to green light.

    Do some of us have our computers emphasizing (or de-emphasizing) the green to correct for human vision?

    Annnd this is now way too much effort to be putting into this. I'm done.



  • @aihtdikh said:

    green-side-of-yellow readings like c1c636, cdce59, c6c937
     

    These coordinates are 5, 1 and 3 RGB points "into" the green, respectively. That's hardly enough to make the whole thing look distinctly green. Additionally, the saturation and brightness of the colours is reduced, further troubling the ability of these colours to look green with only a few RGB coordinates' worth of difference.

    @aihtdikh said:

    the roughly-equal red/green pixels look greenish to me, possibly because of the eye's higher sensitivity to green light.
     

    I think a messed up monitor has the greater plausibility here. The sensitivity you refer to acts mostly on shades of green rather than perceived intensity. In other words, a gradient with a good green component has a greater chance of showing banding. Research into Fallout 3's sky is still ongoing. O_O

    Go forth, and perform tests. Preferrably with another monitor handy.

    Here's a histogram of the internal part of this citric fruit, done with Quickmask. I think we can agree that the sucker's quite yellow.

     



  • @RTapeLoadingError said:

    I would agree that lemon is the citrus fruit of choice to accompany tequila but the fruit in the picture looks green to me.  As far as I can tell that means:

    a) it's a lime
    b) it's a green lemon
    c) my eyes and/or monitor are screwed

    Any opinions?

      I'm pretty sure the fault is with your eyes.  I suggest you come over here and I'll just use my trusty screwdriver to tune them up for you.  Its definitly a yellow lemon by the way.


  • The light pink surrounding it makes it look green in comparison. Here the lemon hasn't been changed:



  • @moog said:

    The light pink surrounding it makes it look green in comparison
     

    True. Contextual coloring should not be understated. The lemon receives a good deal of isolation from the dark surroundings, though.



  • @moog said:

    The light pink surrounding it makes it look green in comparison. Here the lemon hasn't been changed:

    I don't know, still looks green to me.



  • I'm in the lime camp.  To those of you who think it's a lemon: does the rind that's visible below her teeth really look yellow to you?  I can see how the flesh could possibly skew yellow with a slight color adjustment, but the rind to me is a distinctive dark green.

     



  • I'm wondering what the grey-scale chick knows about vasectomy side effects...?



  • @cconroy said:

    but the rind to me is a distinctive dark green.
     

    Save for two or three pixels, the two-pixel-high top rind's pixels are all on the red side of yellow.

     



  • @SuperJames74 said:

    I'm wondering what the grey-scale chick knows about vasectomy side effects...?

    Maybe one of the side effects is that you may lose color and turn grey-scale. Or maybe your kids do.



  •  One of the side effects is that sperm can leak out the side of your sack.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.