CommunityServer 2.0 Is Here!

• I like how they used tabs on the reply screen so you can't see the preview and edit box at the same time. Kind of defeats the point of a preview if you have to keep switching back and forth, might as well just make the post and edit it.

• Hmm...  I have to log in again every time I come back, even though I've got the box checked.  IE6.  Also, the "www" no longer shows in the URL.  If I type www.thedailywtf.com it changes to thedailywtf.com....  may be related to the login memory problem, as the cookie "domain" may not match properly.

• Looks pretty good.

Post edits are nice.

We'll see if this reduces the number of HTML crap from different browsers, too.

• Oops, exceeded edit time limit.

The avatars being smaller means nobody can tell my eye picture is really the MCEscher with a skull in the pupil. Maybe I'll change it to a different Escher sketch.

Here's a larger picture of the eye:
    http://home.comcast.net/~eschermc/Eye.jpg

How do we embed a picture in-line??

• @BradC said:

Oops, exceeded edit time limit.

The avatars being smaller means nobody can tell my eye picture is really the MCEscher with a skull in the pupil. Maybe I'll change it to a different Escher sketch.

Stilla %^$#@! time limit!
    Seriously, that's got to go. Pronto.

My cookies, according to FFX, are from "thedailywtf.com", and cookie allowance has listed "thedailywtf.com", so it's not a domain mismatch for cookies.

• ♿ (Parody)

I spent some time looking at it, and I dont understand what I did wrong. Can you look at your cookies and see when they expire? Do any expire in like 20 minutes?

• Just now, I couldn't sign in anymore.

I deleted the cookies. Some expiration was set to June 15, some to May 15, some to May 17.

Oddness.

• @dhromed said:

Just now, I couldn't sign in anymore.

I deleted the cookies. Some expiration was set to June 15, some to May 15, some to May 17.

Oddness.

I had the same problem few minutes ago, but closing and restarting FF did the trick. Really odd...

• @dhromed said:

@xrT said:
    <FONT face=Tahoma size=2>so far so good (i think)...i hope this doesn't mess up because i'm using design view...</FONT>

Please don't manually make your font so very tiny. It looks small even with my enlarged font size. I can't imagine how unreadable it is at the default size.

9px? 8?

really? hmmm...it looks normal to me, just as large as your post...how about this, i'm just using the default...

• @BradC said:

Oops, exceeded edit time limit.

Think I got it:
    Creepy eye

• I just ran into a problem with editing my post a little bit ago.  I
    posted, clicked the Edit button, and I was brought to the post editing
    page.  I made my changes, left the edit notes fields blank, then
    clicked the button to submit (I forget what the button was called).  I
    got the message saying that my edit time limit had passed.  I click
    the back button, and FireFox started going nuts.  The page was
    flashing, and I could see the text in the tab switching from "Loading"
    to something else rapidly.  I'ma try it again on this post to see if I
    can recreate it.  If I can't then I'll try to delete this post to see
    if that works ;-)  .

• @UncleMidriff said:

I just ran into a problem with editing my post a little bit ago.  I posted, clicked the Edit button, and I was brought to the post editing page.  I made my changes, left the edit notes fields blank, then clicked the button to submit (I forget what the button was called).  I got the message saying that my edit time limit had passed.  I click the back button, and FireFox started going nuts.  The page was flashing, and I could see the text in the tab switching from "Loading" to something else rapidly.  I'ma try it again on this post to see if I can recreate it.  If I can't then I'll try to delete this post to see if that works ;-)  .

Ok, never mind all that.  It seems that when I use the back or forward buttons in Firefox (1.5.0.3) to get to the edit page, it starts flipping out.  It seems to be stuck in an infinite loop, loading something for a millisecond then nothing for a millisecond, then loading some for a millisecond then nothing, and so on to inifinity and beyond.  I can still use the edit page while this is going on, but it's starting to give me a seizure.  That, and firefox.exe is using anywhere from 80% tp 99% of the CPU while this is going on.

It does the same thing if I go forward or back to the AddPost page as well.  Sorry if this bug has already been brought up.  I did a quick scan of this thread and I didn't see anything related.

IE 6 doesn't seem to have this problem.

• All right ... I'm an idiot.  What's the secret to keeping your avatar from getting all fucked up-looking?

• Feature request:

Since CS 2 seems to track the last post you've seen in a thread, would it be possible that clicking on the "there are new posts here" icon on the left of a thread actually brings you to the last unread post of the thread?

Because the current "Hey here's what this icon means" link is beyond retarded.

• @Sgt. Zim said:

All right ... I'm an idiot.  What's the secret to keeping your avatar from getting all fucked up-looking?

Max 50 x 50.

• Yeah, I've tried that.

I've tried uploading it full-sized and letting CS resize; I've tried resizing it myself and uploading it.  I've tried uploading it as jpg, png and gif.

This is an avatar that I've been using for at least 3 years now on various forums (not CS, though).  It looks just fine on my machine, but after uploading, it displays all hoovered-looking.

Bizarre.

• What's "hoovered"-looking? It's not floating. :)

• Ah wait, I see where the issue is.

CS applies copious amounts of pointless jpeg compression on the forced-converted avatar image which has no business being a jpeg. That's very, very, very lazy programming. "Just convert it all to jpeg, Joe!"

It shows more on your avatar. Mine still looks good.

Edit Notes are no longer required! Yay!

• I had this problem with the old version also...

YTF do I have to go to the bottom, expand "Forum Options" and click "Mark All Read" in order for the forum to believe that I've read all posts, even though all of them show up gray in the list.  Effectively, the AND of the "is read" property of all individual posts != the "are all read" property of the forum...

• Sorting by post date seems broken.

If you choose Forum options, Sort: Post Date and Apply (Temporarily) at the bottom of the page, it is very temporary indeed. It reverts to sorting by Last Post if you go to another page of the thread, and if you on that page choose sorting again, it sends you back to page 1.