Power Corrupts

• This message appeared on my computer the other day:

[URL=http://img139.imageshack.us/i/battery.png/][IMG]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1752/battery.png[/IMG][/URL]

The computer was plugged in at the time--how much power does it want?

Note that the bubble isn't coming from a power-related program; it's from the notification area icon of my backup software.

• No, it means your battery is 97% low. Which means it's 3% high. Being full or empty of charge is another matter.

• 97% percent?   So... per ten thousanth?  You might want to buy a new battery.

•  You desk is way too low or you're not high enough in your bulding.See if going up one level change it.

• @Xyro said:

97% percent?   So... per ten thousanth?  You might want to buy a new battery.

That'll be $8 dollars

• [quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]No, it means your battery is 97% low. Which means it's 3% high. Being full or empty of charge is another matter.[/quote]

As they write on the food: "80% fat-free"

Which means 20% of fat.

•  That's why I prefer my food to be 1% fat-free. The 1% is there because when it's only fat, it doesn't hold itself well together.

• @alegr said:

[quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]No, it means your battery is 97% low. Which means it's 3% high. Being full or empty of charge is another matter.

As they write on the food: "80% fat-free"

Which means 20% of fat.

[/quote] 

Or maybe that means that you only had to pay for 20% of the fat; the rest is free! Sounds like a deal!

• @barfoo said:

This message appeared on my computer the other day:

The computer was plugged in at the time--how much power does it want?

Note that the bubble isn't coming from a power-related program; it's from the notification area icon of my backup software.

It looks like the bubble's arrow points at a grey circle surrounding a 3D battery-- are you sure that's your backup software?

• @blakeyrat said:

It looks like the bubble's arrow points at a grey circle surrounding a 3D battery-- are you sure that's your backup software?

Yes, it's NTI's Backup Now EZ, came with my Toshiba USB HD.

• Maybe it's in Fahrenheit. That works out to 36.1%C, which is somewhat low.