Well charge you money to get the exact same thing...

• Check out this dell laptop here which apparently has the following options:

• Dell 1397 Wireless-G [Included in Price]
    • Dell 1397 Wireless-G [Add $39.99 or $1.00/month1]

huh??? So basically pay an extra 40 bucks and get a nifty NOTHING EXTRA? Sign me up!

Also:

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English, with Belkin Easy Transfer Cable [Add $29.99]

Apparently the Belkin EAsy Transfer Cable is an operating system.

Side note: Will webkit support ever come to tdwtf editor?

• @astonerbum said:

1. WFM
    2. Communist Server no longer has a free version apparently
    3. bstorer is an enemy to all democracy
    4. This paticular install seems to be 3 years old
    5. 22.3 is the sinners number

•  I find this more troubling:@astonerbum said:

Add $39.99 or $1.00/month
      That's like 66 months at 19.99%.  WTF?  Who finances a laptop for five-and-a-half years? @astonerbum said:
      No.  CS is a dead product, so there will be no upgrades.  Your only hope is that somehow Webkit comes to this outdated version of TinyMCE.

• @bstorer said:

@astonerbum said:
      No.  CS is a dead product, so there will be no upgrades.  Your only hope is that somehow Webkit comes to this outdated version of TinyMCE.

Community Server doesn't need Webkit support; Webkit needs TDWTF support!

• @morbiuswilters said:

Filed under: Or else we need to just start banning faggots who use Webkit.
    Hey, I'll consider it a major cause of celebration when BlackBerry finally get their Webkit browser out the door.  Their current one is so unmitigatedly shitfucked that I willing use Opera instead.  OPERA, MORBS!  LOOK WHAT THEY'VE TURNED ME INTO!  sobs openly

• @bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Hey, I'll consider it a major cause of celebration when BlackBerry finally get their Webkit browser out the door.  Their current one is so unmitigatedly shitfucked that I willing use Opera instead.  OPERA, MORBS!  LOOK WHAT THEY'VE TURNED ME INTO!  sobs openly

Have you tried this? I'm pretty sure it's Webkit-based, and it's been out for a while. It's better than Opera in my opinion, and certainly runs circles around the default BB browser.

• @Fred Foobar said:

@bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Have you tried this? I'm pretty sure it's Webkit-based, and it's been out for a while. It's better than Opera in my opinion, and certainly runs circles around the default BB browser.

I have, yeah.  I prefer Opera Mini 5 (except that the latest release has a bug where the screen doesn't resize to fullscreen when the keyboard closes).

• Re the OP, the first WTF probably isn't. It's usual that when Dell bundle an optional component 'for free' - I'm assuming it is optional, rather than built-in as standard - then they leave the non-free option on the spec-chooser in case you, say, need to get a quote for future use at a time when the bundle is no longer available - for example, because an offer ends today, but you can't get purchase approval until tomorrow.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the second WTF is with Microsoft for actually having an OEM edition of Win7 with that as the official title.

• @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

I'm assuming it is optional, rather than built-in as standard - then they leave the non-free option on the spec-chooser in case you, say, need to get a quote for future use at a time when the bundle is no longer available - for example, because an offer ends today, but you can't get purchase approval until tomorrow.

That makes is piss-poor interface communication.

• @dhromed said:

That makes is piss-poor interface communication.

Did you expect anything else from Dell?

• @Scarlet Manuka said:

Did you expect anything else from Dell?

Dunno. I don't buy from them personally.

My work computer is pretty good, so I'm happy with the results, however they were accomplished.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.