Q: What kind of braindead moron does an ascii-sort on a numeric column?!

• A: T-Mobile!

Gah!

Were the people who designed there website college dropouts of something?  (Remember: They also stop ALL functionality, including keys such as cursor keys when you try and send a web-text message over 700 characters...)

Apparently, this is sorted in descending amount of volume: 

Oh, and the "Data usage" tab is empty. All data usage is combined in the "Voice and messaging" tab along with all your calls and messages... 

•  The reason: this is not a numeric column, because of the "kb" at the end.

• @b_redeker said:

The reason: this is not a numeric column, because of the "kb" at the end.

Which of course means they store usage as string in database

• @Shinhan said:

Not necessarily. There are big JS libraries fo dealing with HTML tables, such as paging and sorting. Most of them offer an option to treat a column as numeric, but you have to specify it. Which you can forget. If you are oblivious.

• Maybe it's some intermediate system that provides TITS the data as a mess of strings.

@Mole said:

Were the people who designed there website college dropouts of something?

Yes, the people who designed their website were college dropouts or something.

• @badcaseofspace said:

TITS
    Hey I heard someone was talking about tits and I just wanted to come in and say I'm a fan.

• @Shinhan said:

@b_redeker said:

The reason: this is not a numeric column, because of the "kb" at the end.

Not necessarily; they could just be sorting at the wrong abstraction level. (For example, in Javascript-- Javascript has no way of knowing it's not supposed to be a string column.)

• @bstorer said:

Hey I heard someone was talking about tits and I just wanted to come in and say I'm a fan.

+2

• @blakeyrat said:

For example, in Javascript-- Javascript has no way of knowing it's not supposed to be a string column.

@dhromed said:

Not necessarily. There are big JS libraries fo dealing with HTML tables, such as paging and sorting. Most of them offer an option to treat a column as numeric, but you have to specify it. Which you can forget. If you are oblivious.

*ahem*

• @dhromed said:

@blakeyrat said:

For example, in Javascript-- Javascript has no way of knowing it's not supposed to be a string column.

@dhromed said:

Not necessarily. There are big JS libraries fo
    dealing with HTML tables, such as paging and sorting. Most of them offer
    an option to treat a column as numeric, but you have to specify it.
    Which you can forget. If you are oblivious.

ahem

Yah I know, I didn't read before posting. You may now pull out my still-beating heart and serve it up as an offering to Kali if you wish.

• @blakeyrat said:

Yah I know, I didn't read before posting.

Well, it could have been worse-- you could have posted an image with poor compression.

• @dhromed said:

Well, it could have been worse-- you could have posted an image with poor compression.
    ... or bloated JPG because they decreased the compression to minimize bitching about the compression.

• Holy Mother of Uncompressed Media Formats.