Native Language Not Asserted

• Got these generic warnings from from a new Dell Blade enclosure during setup and install:

Warning Server Blade 8 Status: Module sensor for Server Blade, transition to non-critical from OK was asserted

Critical I/O Module 2 Presence: Module sensor for I/O Module, device removed was asserted

While technically accurate, the are definately not the user friendly/plain language alerts that most people prefer. "Status changed to OK" or "Device XXX Removed" might make more sense when woken up at in the middle of the night by a monitoring system.

•  Doesn't the first actually mean "Status changed to non-critical"?

• They're also harder to understand. For example you seem to have mistaken "transition to non-critical from OK" as "transition to OK" - a potentially expensive mistake.

• "Critical I/O Module 2 Presence: Module sensor for I/O Module, device stolen was asserted"

• Warning Server Blade 8 Status: Module sensor for Server Blade, (old_top == (((mbinptr) (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd_nextsize))+((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1))) && ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long)old_end & pagemask) == 0) was asserted

• I don't not see why this isn't anti-understandable.

• @blakeyrat said:

I don't not see why this isn't anti-understandable.

So, that's a quintuple negative..."don't", "not", "isn't", "anti" and the "un" in "understandable" 

One question - what does "derstandable" mean?

• @RTapeLoadingError said:

@blakeyrat said:

So, that's a quintuple negative..."don't", "not", "isn't", "anti" and the "un" in "understandable" 

It's what you become if you're gruntled for too long.

@blakeyrat said:

Apparently it's German for 'the standable'.

• @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

Opposite of dersitchair, of course.

• @blakeyrat said:

@davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

No, we've been through this already. It's the opposite of understandable.

@blakeyrat said:
    @davedavenotdavemaybedave said:

No, we've been through this already. It's the opposite of understandable.

Let me see if I have this straight...

Derstandable - comes from the German and means "able to stand"

Understandable - the opposite of "derstandable", i.e. unable to stand

Used in a sentence: "I had 8 pints of lager last night and was understandable"

Nearly right.

Derstandable is German for 'the standable': that which can be stood, or that which is tolerable.
    Understandable is the opposite: intolerable.

Used in a sentence: The actions of the Israeli military are completely understandable.

@RTapeLoadingError said:

Nearly right.

Derstandable is German for 'the standable': that which can be stood, or that which is tolerable.

Used in a sentence: The actions of the Israeli military are completely understandable.

You are Joe Biden and I claim my five $5 dollars

@RTapeLoadingError said:

Nearly right.

Just as it is understandable that pussy Europeans would be offended by anyone who doesn't appease tyranny.  You have quite the grasp of the Germany language.  Did your cowardly grandfathers teach it to themselves so they would have an easier time groveling to the invading Nazis?