Counting receipts in email through script file

• Hi,

In my sorority we have a bit of a "To"/"Cc" spam. (some commision sending their promotional stuff to everyone and everyone replying to that, etc.)

I want to limit the number of receipts (not BCC) on our mailing lists to 5, otherwise bounce the mail (send a message: use bcc for more than 5 recepients). I think I can use the formail utility, but I still need a way to count the receipients.

Can anyone give an example on how to do this?

In /etc/aliases it could be defined as following:

[code]
    somemailinglist: "| /usr/bin/filter_mail.sh 5 | ecartis -s somemailinglist"
    [/code]

• @dtech said:

In my sorority
    Great, now morbiuswilters wants to bang you.

• @dtech said:

In my sorority
    In America, Sororities are all girl.  I always thought you were a dude.  Have you been lying to me all this time?

•  Ahh, ofcourse I mean fraternity for me. In the netherlands allmost all are mixed though, I think that would make them...sorternities? frarorities?

• @dtech said:

Ahh, ofcourse I mean fraternity for me. In the netherlands allmost all are mixed though, I think that would make them...sorternities? frarorities?
    If they were mixed in America, we'd call them hotspots for fetal alcohol syndrome, or, as I like to think of them, conscript factories.

•  Little-to-none pregnancy in dutch students, but maybe that would be different in America.

Also, can anyone help me with the problem now? :P

• @dtech said:

Ahh, ofcourse I mean fraternity for me. In the netherlands allmost all are mixed though, I think that would make them...sorternities? frarorities?

Mine was called a "co-ed literary society". Of course, we were the nerd house.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.