I guess "page 1" isn't "the 1st page" after all



  • Good to know!

     

    [Fixed your broken-ass image.  -TheShadowMod]



  • @medialint said:

    Good to know!

    Yes, yes it is.



  • @derula said:

    @medialint said:
    Good to know!

    Yes, yes it is.

    If only the internet had some sort of website where one could upload an image for distribution.  Some sort of shack, perhaps?  Or maybe a bucket, only for photos?  Or maybe a place for twits to put pics?



  • @medialint said:

    [Fixed your broken-ass image.  -TheShadowMod]

    Gee whiz!  ShadowMod is a real swell guy!



  • @medialint said:

    It's obviously zero-based. The first page is page 0.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @medialint said:

    [Fixed your broken-ass image.  -TheShadowMod]

    Gee whiz!  ShadowMod is a real swell guy!



    On a related note, did ShadowMod have a membership to that forum, or did he just bother to do the legwork that other, lazier mods didn't bother with?  You know, in your opinion, because you're obviously not ShadowMod.



  • @bstorer said:

    On a related note, did ShadowMod have a membership to that forum, or did he just bother to do the legwork that other, lazier mods didn't bother with?  You know, in your opinion, because you're obviously not ShadowMod.

    The only forum ShadowMod belongs to is "Punch A Fucking Hippie In The Face".  Although, it's not an online forum; it's a real-life dealy where he punches hippies, terrorists, Tea Party members, Communists and homosexuals in the face.  Because he is a hero.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @bstorer said:

    On a related note, did ShadowMod have a membership to that forum, or did he just bother to do the legwork that other, lazier mods didn't bother with?  You know, in your opinion, because you're obviously not ShadowMod.

    The only forum ShadowMod belongs to is "Punch A Fucking Hippie In The Face".  Although, it's not an online forum; it's a real-life dealy where he punches hippies, terrorists, Tea Party members, Communists and homosexuals in the face.  Because he is a hero.

    Wait, does that mean terrorists are hippies?  Make love, not jihad.



  • @bstorer said:

    Wait, does that mean terrorists are hippies?

    No.  Hippies and Teabaggers are terrorists.



  • I think we're all losing focus of the real issue, which is why they posted an ass image to begin with.



  • @medialint said:

    [Fixed your broken ass-image.  -TheShadowMod]



  • @Abdiel said:

    @medialint said:

    [Fixed your broken ass-image.  -TheShadowMod]

    I hope you die.



  • @bstorer said:

    @Abdiel said:

    @medialint said:

    [Fixed your broken ass-image.  -TheShadowMod]

    I hope you die.

    I'm fairly sure he will, just like most of us.




  • @bstorer said:

     

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?



  •  Thank god Dutch comics were less retarded. Or Belgian. Or French.



  • @dhromed said:

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?

    What?  Working?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @dhromed said:

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?

    What?  Working?

    No, on the cover, where anyone can see it.



  • @medialint said:

    My copy of the C++ standard marks the cover page with i (roman numberal for 1, in lowercase), and gets up to xxviii, until chapter 1 starts on the page numbered 1, on the 29th page of the publication. I've seen publications where the first few pages (cover and a few empty pages) are completely unnumbered and even page i isn't the very 1st page.



  • @b_redeker said:

    Or French.
    I've got to get me a flying crow's nest just like that guy's!

     

    Instead I've just bought a new wireless router.



  • @tdb said:

    I've seen publications where the first few pages (cover and a few empty pages) are completely unnumbered and even page i isn't the very 1st page.
    It's worse when each section has it's own numbering, so you get pages i-1, i-2, ..., ii-1, ii-2, ..., ix-21, ix-22... Trying to find anything with this kind of numbering is pretty much impossible.



  • @ender said:

    It's worse when each section has it's own numbering
     

    Yes. I have here the 1999 edition of Godel/Escher/Bach, which itself has 777 pages. You'd figure that's about enough in a book, but no, there is first the "Contents/Overview/Word of Thanks" section, starting at vi (??) to xxi, before which we have the preface, numbered P-1 - P-23 (the preface doesn't make much sense until you've read the book, as it is really a postscript). The main section, like most books, doesn't start numbering at 1 of course, but at 3 ;-)



  • @dhromed said:

    @bstorer said:

     

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?

     

     

    What? That's how black people looked in the 30s and 40s. It's kinda like how you watch an old film, and everyone moves around all hurky-jerky, like there are frames missing? Nope. In the 20s, the Big Bang hadn't fully settled yet, and there were constant quantuum mini-jumps happening all the time. I think that's why Tredau started WWI with the Spanish-American War Alliance: to capture Einstein from Future-Hitler so he could set things right at CERN.



  • @b_redeker said:

    Yes. I have here the 1999 edition of Godel/Escher/Bach, which itself has 777 pages. You'd figure that's about enough in a book, but no, there is first the "Contents/Overview/Word of Thanks" section, starting at vi (??) to xxi, before which we have the preface, numbered P-1 - P-23 (the preface doesn't make much sense until you've read the book, as it is really a postscript). The main section, like most books, doesn't start numbering at 1 of course, but at 3 ;-)
    That's all part of the game!  I'd try to explain the punchline, but I don't fully understand it all myself.  In college I re-read it and wrote up a document of all the metajokes in the book that I could find.  Sadly, I lost the file and I've never been able to bring myself to write it again.



  •  @medialint said:

    broken-ass image

    This?

     



  • @dhromed said:

    @bstorer said:

     

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?

    That's just how they looked in 1941. I know this from reading classic comics.

    Edit: DAMN YOU LORNE!!!



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @dhromed said:

    @bstorer said:

     

    How the hell can any artist in good conscience draw a black guy like that?

    That's just how they looked in 1941. I know this from reading classic comics.

    I think the important touch that everyone is ignoring is that Steamboat appears to have a red handkerchief hanging out of his back right pocket.  No doubt this was an early form of handkerchief code, and given the color and location, specifically that he wants to be fisted.  Coupling this with the explosion he is causing in Captain Marvel's crotch, and it's a wonder any boy growing up in the 1940s managed to turn out straight.



  •  D'you think Captain Marvel had to work his way up through the ranks? Are we talking about his having been a Lieutenant Marvel, or a Commander Marvel? This kind of information is sorely lacking.



  • @PeriSoft said:

     D'you think Captain Marvel had to work his way up through the ranks? Are we talking about his having been a Lieutenant Marvel, or a Commander Marvel? This kind of information is sorely lacking.


    He just bought a dinghy and declared himself one.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @PeriSoft said:

     D'you think Captain Marvel had to work his way up through the ranks? Are we talking about his having been a Lieutenant Marvel, or a Commander Marvel? This kind of information is sorely lacking.


    He just bought a dinghy and declared himself one.
    That's a terrible way to refer to the black guy.

    Wait a minute... black guy named Steamboat, "Captain" Marvel-- Oh, God, this is some sort of kinky gay thing, isn't it?



  •  BURIAL AT SEA


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.