I COULD add an exception...

• Got this on mozilla.org a few moments ago, FF3.6.2, not sure what I can add an exception to...

•  If you do, it's very important you write a comment to the exception (in English). In ideal case, send me a sequence step by step to similate exception. Try to find dependencies. Your effort will be useful for all TDWTF users. Thank you.

•  

Please tell me you tried to create an exception. 

• Did you get this soon after upgrading Firefox?  I've found that FF likes to do such things when its data files are upgraded while it's running.  Modal dialog boxes with zero pixels of content area (i.e. just the window decorations, squeezed into an unusably small space) are another common and amusing symptom.  Closing FF and restarting it generally fixes it.

(Yeah, I know, the other replies are so much more interesting.)

• @vyznev said:

Yeah, especially those where someone gives an uninformed and only tangentially related reply, after which the usual suspects veer off into the realm of utterly boring in-crowd pleasing. Perhaps someone ought to tell them such things as chat rooms, MSN, or Facebook walls exist solely for that purpose. My best guess is they think this forum is a chat box or something similar to net send /all, and they still haven't adapted to this whole new ICQ thing.

• @TGV said:

Yeah, especially those where someone gives an uninformed and only tangentially related reply, after which the usual suspects veer off into the realm of utterly boring in-crowd pleasing.

God I love those threads.

• @vyznev said:

Don't feel bad; you did a good job. Keep it up.

• @TGV said:

@vyznev said:

Yeah, especially those where someone gives an uninformed and only tangentially related reply, after which the usual suspects veer off into the realm of utterly boring in-crowd pleasing. Perhaps someone ought to tell them such things as chat rooms, MSN, or Facebook walls exist solely for that purpose. My best guess is they think this forum is a chat box or something similar to net send /all, and they still haven't adapted to this whole new ICQ thing.

DIAF

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@TGV said:

Yeah, especially those where someone gives an uninformed and only tangentially
    related reply, after which the usual suspects veer off into the realm of utterly
    boring in-crowd pleasing.
    Hello? Are you familiar with the internet? It would appear not.

• You guys!

• @vyznev said:

Did you get this soon after upgrading Firefox?  I've found that FF likes to do such things when its data files are upgraded while it's running.  Modal dialog boxes with zero pixels of content area (i.e. just the window decorations, squeezed into an unusably small space) are another common and amusing symptom.  Closing FF and restarting it generally fixes it.

it's been about a week or so and at least a couple FF restarts since I last updated. It especially made me WTF because my co-worker said "Oh FFS mozilla.org is down? really?", so like a good cynic, I had to check it for myself, then blam - that came up. He got a regular "server not found" or whatever the default FF response is when it can't find even a 404, I got that.

and no, I was far too terrified to try to add an exception, fearing it would probably clear out all of my legit SSL exceptions I have stored...

in other news, boy look what I started. I'm innocent, I promise. but ROFL @ the die in a fire pic. nice. //saved

• FYI, there was a grand bug error in 3.6, that repeatedly and consistently crashed the program all the time continuously, but a new upgrade fix to the next sub- sub-version increment fixed all everything.

• @fizzle said:

I COULD add an exception...

DO IT FAGGOT

• @TGV said:

...after which the usual suspects veer off into the realm of utterly boring in-crowd pleasing.

It's only boring to you, because you have no friends.

@TGV said:

Perhaps someone ought to tell them such things as chat rooms...

The problem with IRC is that it moves too quickly.  There's no time to refine and embellish the clever dick jokes.

@TGV said:

...MSN...

I don't even know what you're referring to.  Also: convicted monopoli$t.

@TGV said:

...or Facebook walls...

The problem with Facebook is that people can defriend you, thus depriving themselves of your classy wit.  I swear, you troll one suicidal teenager's funeral page and suddenly you're a bad guy.

@TGV said:

My best guess is they think this forum is a chat box or something similar to net send /all, and they still haven't adapted to this whole new ICQ thing.

No, this forum is better.  For one, there are all sorts of whiny douchebags to piss off here.

• @morbiuswilters said:

The problem with IRC is that it moves too quickly.  There's no time to refine and embellish the clever dick jokes.

I'm disillusioned. I thought all of your clever dick jokes were pure improv.

•  @SQLDave said:

I'm disillusioned. I thought all of your clever dick jokes were pure improv.

We also embellish the dicks themselves.

Thank you thank you,

We're here all night.

Literally.

:'(

• @morbiuswilters said:

@TGV said:

...or Facebook walls...

The problem with Facebook is that people can defriend you, thus depriving themselves of your classy wit.  I swear, you troll one suicidal teenager's funeral page and suddenly you're a bad guy.

Damn right you are.  There's hundreds of those pages out there, and you've only trolled one?  Someone else is going to have to pick up all your slack, you know.

@morbiuswilters said:

@TGV said:
    My best guess is they think this forum is a chat box or something similar to net send /all, and they still haven't adapted to this whole new ICQ thing.

No, this forum is better.  For one, there are all sorts of whiny douchebags to piss off here.

I've found that posting gratuitous xkcd reference is one of the quickest ways to piss them off, you should see them start ranting and raving and frothing at the mouth.

• @DaveK said:

I've found that posting gratuitous xkcd reference is one of the quickest ways to piss them off, you should see them start ranting and raving and frothing at the mouth.
    You may find that most of us enjoy xkcd, but the most vocal member of the forums despises it.  We all, however, find it annoying when you post xkcd comics that have been posted a million times before.  

• @belgariontheking said:

We all, however, find it annoying when you post xkcd comics that have been posted a million times before.  

I find you annoying.

@DaveK said:

You may find that most of us enjoy xkcd, but the most vocal member of the forums despises it.  We all, however, find it annoying when you post xkcd comics that have been posted a million times before.  

Whatever happened to that guy who posted Dilbert comics? And what about that guy that posted his messages as an obfuscated perl script?

• @Lingerance said:

@belgariontheking said:

@DaveK said:

Whatever happened to that guy who posted Dilbert comics? And what about that guy that posted his messages as an obfuscated perl script?
    They died and the the people rejoiced.

• @bstorer said:

You mean, like, Matt Johnson?

• @Someone You Know said:

@bstorer said:

You mean, like, Matt Johnson?

If bstorer is being redundant, you know it's the the TDWTF because bstorer is being redundant.

• pesto wins the thread.  Please make sure you're at home when your prize arrives in the mail.

Estimated prize worth: $8 million internets

You may find that most of us enjoy xkcd, but the most vocal member of the forums despises it.

Fuck you, I despise it, too.

@belgariontheking said:

We all, however, find it annoying when you post xkcd comics that have been posted a million times before.

Substituting quasi-relevant xkcd's and thinking it makes you witty is what pisses me off.  Also, I hate that goddamn comic because it's not funny.  I figure if you are brain-damaged enough to like it, you read it regularly, so you don't need to see it posted again.  And if you hate it (yet are afflicted with a condition where you must read every xkcd you encounter even if it fills you with unholy rage) then seeing it just wastes your time and raises your blood pressure, thus killing you even faster.  At this point, I've read enough xkcd that my life expectancy is probably around 33.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@belgariontheking said:

Substituting quasi-relevant xkcd's and thinking it makes you witty is what pisses me off.  Also, I hate that goddamn comic because it's not funny.  I figure if you are brain-damaged enough to like it, you read it regularly, so you don't need to see it posted again.  And if you hate it (yet are afflicted with a condition where you must read every xkcd you encounter even if it fills you with unholy rage) then seeing it just wastes your time and raises your blood pressure, thus killing you even faster.  At this point, I've read enough xkcd that my life expectancy is probably around 33.

As an antidote, I will be posting utterly random PBFs:

• @bstorer said:

As an antidote, I will be posting utterly random PBFs:

I like that one, but I like this one best.

I can explain the joke, if you like, but it would require more than 50 words, a bulleted list, and 1 dick. (Maybe 2)

• @dhromed said:

I can explain the joke, if you like, but it would require more than 50 words, a bulleted list, and 1 dick. (Maybe 2)

Is the joke that in the 3rd panel the guy looks like he's performing fellatio on himself?