Zero, one, many

• (Now I understand FLTK versioning. They have just two branches: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.0...)

•  I don't see what the big deal is.  It contains the following two programs, but they make no promises whatsoever about the third.

• @bstorer said:

I don't see what the big deal is.  It contains the following two programs, but they make no promises whatsoever about the third.

But, WHICH of the four programs listed.  I'd be highly upset if it included draughts, but not checkers.

• Man, Ubuntu/gnome would look so much better if it used a grownup font, like Segoe UI or Myriad, instead of this Verdanaish... thing.

It's like that funny font from Point Lookout. What in the shiz is up with that?

• @dhromed said:

It's like that funny font from Point Lookout. What in the shiz is up with that?

What, this font?

• @Medezark said:

@bstorer said:

I don't see what the big deal is.  It contains the following two programs, but they make no promises whatsoever about the third.

But, WHICH of the four programs listed.  I'd be highly upset if it included draughts, but not checkers.

It clearly says the following two programs, which are flblocks and flcheckers.  Are you as ugly as you are illiterate?

• @Medezark said:

I'd be highly upset if it included draughts, but not checkers.

(Ahem.) Draughts == checkers, unless you mean Polish Draughts, which is the version they usually play in international draughts competitions (on 10×10 boards, with 20 pieces per side).

• @Cad Delworth said:

@Medezark said:

I'd be highly upset if it included draughts, but not checkers.

(Ahem.) Draughts == checkers, unless you mean Polish Draughts, which is the version they usually play in international draughts competitions (on 10×10 boards, with 20 pieces per side).

Good job, you got the joke.

Then promptly killed it dead by explaining it.

• Isn't it obvious? They're using zero-based indexing, like any sane programmer.

• @Carnildo said:

Isn't it obvious? They're using zero-based indexing, like any sane programmer.

Even then they're still allocating an array with two buckets (too tired to use the actual term), and filling three.

• Our example game is flblocks ...flblocks and flcheckers ...flcheckers and flblocks .... Our two games are flcheckers and flblocks ...and flsudoku.... Our *three* games are flcheckers, flblocks, and flsudoku ...and...  ...no... *Amongst* our games.... Amongst our gamery ...are such elements as flcheckers, flblocks.... I'll come in again.

•  Our Toolkit contains many, many, many example games.

• @badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

And was on fire.

• @IronFist said:

Our example game is flblocks ...flblocks and flcheckers ...flcheckers and flblocks .... Our two games are flcheckers and flblocks ...and flsudoku.... Our *three* games are flcheckers, flblocks, and flsudoku ...and...  ...no... *Amongst* our games.... Amongst our gamery ...are such elements as flcheckers, flblocks.... I'll come in again.
    I was trying to do this, but now I don't have to, since you did it so well.

• @badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

Zero, one, or many?

• @cconroy said:

@badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

Zero, one, or many?

Do pigs often?

• @badcaseofspace said:

@cconroy said:

@badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

Zero, one, or many?

Do pigs often?

Do pigs often what?  Come with tits?

• Oh, just five hints:

1: 'do' is the verb
    2: 'pigs' is the subjective pronoun
    3: the q was directed at cconroy
    4: you missed the tag

• @badcaseofspace said:

Oh, just five hints:

Oh, just five hints:

1. "Pigs" is not and cannot be a subjective pronoun, due to the simple fact that it's not a pronoun at all.
    2. It's also not the subject of the sentence; that was the implied subject of cconroy.
    3. "Pigs" is the direct object.
    4. I understood your post, but chose to respond as if I didn't in the hopes of some resulting comedy.  I had expected a bizarre reply about pig tits from dhromed or something, but I suppose your stupid list will have suffice.  I mean, it made me laugh at you, which is sort of like comedy.
    5. I never miss the tags.  How dare you?

• I'm afraid I know even less about pig tits than the English language. Not a native speaker, sorry.

Also, I chose to stay on-topic for a change. I mean, the list counting joke was spot-on? Agree? Please?

• @badcaseofspace said:

Also, I chose to stay on-topic for a change. I mean, the list counting joke was spot-on? Agree? Please?
    Now, see, that I did miss the first time.  I withdraw all objections and now love you again.

• @badcaseofspace said:

Also, I chose to stay on-topic for a change.

You're in the wrong place then.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@badcaseofspace said:

Oh, just five hints:

Zero and minus-one are missing. Was this deliberate?

• @PHJ said:

I've thought about zero, but minus one messed up the beautiful formatting.

Does this happen non-deliberately? As in: Community Server automatically re-numbers your lists?

• @badcaseofspace said:

@cconroy said:

@badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

Zero, one, or many?

Do pigs often?

Two words: Total Recall.

• @cconroy said:

@badcaseofspace said:

@cconroy said:

@badcaseofspace said:

wish it came with tits

Zero, one, or many?

Do pigs often?

Two words One word:  Total Recall.
    FTFY

• @badcaseofspace said:

@PHJ said:

Does this happen non-deliberately? As in: Community Server automatically re-numbers your lists?

Just 3 hints:

1. If it messed up your formatting, you were doing it wrong.
    2. Community Server does shit.
    3. Most problems with editing posts come from the incredibly old version of TinyMCE, not CS.
    4. You can turn the WYSIWYG editor off in your profile settings and write your own HTML, like real men.
    5. Yes, Community Server messes up your own HTML, but only to annoy you, not to stop you from messing up the page layout.

• @derula said:

@badcaseofspace said:
    @PHJ said:

Just 3 hints:
    2. Community Server is shit.
    3. Most problems with editing posts come from the incredibly old version of TinyMCE, not CS.
    4. You can turn the WYSIWYG editor off in your profile settings and write your own HTML, like real men.
    5. Yes, Community Server messes up your own HTML, but only to annoy you, not to stop you from messing up the page layout.

FTFY

• @bstorer said:

TRWTF of this thread is that none of you have seen The IT Crowd, except dhromed.

• @Nyquist said:

@bstorer said:

TRWTF of this thread is that none of you have seen The IT Crowd, except dhromed.

I've seen it.  I've seen the shitty acting, lame jokes, and overall crappiness.

• @Nyquist said:

none of you have seen The IT Crowd, except dhromed.

I've never seen it.

I was referring to Zero Punctuation's review of Painkiller.

• @derula said:

Just 3 hints:

Yah, I recognize laziness as my single point of failure.

• @badcaseofspace said:

@derula said:
    Just 3 hints:

Yah, I recognize laziness as my only two points of failure.
    FTFY.

• @derula said:

@badcaseofspace said:
    @derula said:
    Just 3 hints:

Yah, I recognize laziness as my many points of failure.
    FTFY.
    FTFTFYFY.

• @Nyquist said:

I resemble that remark.  I've seen it, and I swear, one of these days, I'll have the balls to answer the phone "IT this is Mike, have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

• The first episode of the series came with this hilarious subtitle track, and it really topped some of the spoken lines. Watching the other episodes without those subs was very disappointing.