Irish Girl

• @belgariontheking said:

Also, please leave your doors unlocked at night so your enlightenment can arrive as rapidly as possible.

Bit of a night person, are we?

• @dhromed said:

@belgariontheking said:

Also, please leave your doors unlocked at night so your enlightenment can arrive as rapidly as possible.

At night, nobody can hear you scream.

• @PJH said:

I'm still having problems deciphering the (reason for the) difference between islam and the various (in-fighting) factions of christianity. It is, from the surface, the same god - the main difference in this case being how they interpret who Jesus was. Son of god, or phrophet of god.

Shit, people have been killing each other over religion for thousands of years; since the Earth was created.  It's nothing specific to any religion; any major religion has had massive violence at some point in its history.  The problem with Islam is that a good deal of the rest of the world has become sick of killing or being killed for religion, but the Muslims didn't get the memo, apparently.  Mentally, the religion is stuck in the Dark Ages.  The rise of fundamentalism within Islam has been rapid and is a fairly recent occurrence; 40 years ago most Islamic nations were far more liberal than today.  Now, many are terrifyingly backwards.

Incidentally, a good deal of fundamentalist Muslims approve of using violence to spread their faith.  Seeing as they all live in shit-poor countries that lack even basic infrastructure, they have found the most effective method of warfare to be suicide bombings, violent demonstrations throughout Europe and Asia, perpetual war with any non-Islamic regional power, whether it be Israel, the United States, India, Russia, etc.  

• @bstorer said:

@dhromed said:

@belgariontheking said:

At night With chloroform, nobody can hear you them scream.
    FTFY.

•  Ironically, religion used to be pretty liberal, a big benefit of a polytheistic religion like the romans had. You want to worship god X, no problem, need a statue built of the guy/girl, give me a call. It just all went bad when that Paul dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god.

• @stratos said:

worshop

• @stratos said:

when that Jesus dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that Joseph dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that David dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that Peter dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that Isaiah dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

• @stratos said:

when that BTK dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

@stratos said:

FTFY

Moses called.  He wants to know how many more books of the Bible he has to write before he gets a shoutout.  I think you've made him sad.

@stratos said:

FTFY

A blatant lie.  BTK just showed up and started blabbering that booze should be free and that arresting a man for taking a piss in a public flowerpot was a crime against humanity.

• :belt_onion:

@stratos said:

It just all went bad when that Brian dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god.

FTFY

•  This is a silly place.

• @stratos said:

Ironically, religion used to be pretty liberal, a big benefit of a polytheistic religion like the romans had. You want to worship god X, no problem, need a statue built of the guy/girl, give me a call. It just all went bad when that Paul dude showed up and started blabbering that there was only one god.

Christianity was, at least in the beginning, a very liberal religion compared to the jewish religion it came from. Early christians did away with many of the laws from the Mosai bible, e.g. all the kosher food stuff was overruled by Jesus. Overall, it may be imagined as an apocalyptic hippie community.

• @bstorer said:

@belgariontheking said:

@stratos said:

when that BTK
    dude showed up and
    started blabbering that there was only one god
    FTFY

Moses called.  He wants to know how many more books of the Bible he has to write before he gets a shoutout.  I think you've made him sad.
    moses looking sad

• @DaveK said:

moses looking sad

I desire... I desire paper plate bean shakers!

• @morbiuswilters said:

@EJ_ said:

Watch City Brewery

If you meant "Witch", then I agree.

@EJ_ said:

Sunset Bar & Grill

Both Sunsets are excellent.

I wasn't aware of witch city brewery, though I'll have to check it out now :) I actually meant watch city brewery, which is a good brewpub in... Waltham I believe? West of Watertown anyway, I confuse all the W towns there. 

• @EJ_ said:

Waltham I believe? West of Watertown anyway, I confuse all the W towns there. 
    Goddamnit, I hate Massachusetts because it's full of towns that sound like England.  Why can't it have clear, American names for stuff like Virginia does?  No confusion about what you'll find in Blacksburg or Lynchburg, is there?

• @EJ_ said:

I wasn't aware of witch city brewery, though I'll have to check it out now :) I actually meant watch city brewery, which is a good brewpub in... Waltham I believe? West of Watertown anyway, I confuse all the W towns there. 

It may not exist.  I've never heard of "Watch City" before and just assumed you meant "Witch City" because everything in Salem is prefixed with that, by law.

• @bstorer said:

No confusion about what you'll find in Blacksburg or Lynchburg, is there?

A little.  It seems it would have been more convenient to build them right next to each other rather than 2 hours apart.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@bstorer said:

No confusion about what you'll find in Blacksburg or Lynchburg, is there?

A little.  It seems it would have been more convenient to build them right next to each other rather than 2 hours apart.

They started out as one town, one, glorious town.  Slowly, Blacksburg has migrated further and further away.  In response to the hassles of all that backwoods travel, white people invented the interstate.

• @EJ_ said:

I wasn't aware of witch city brewery, though I'll have to check it out now :) I actually meant watch city brewery, which is a good brewpub in...

Which city brewery?