MegaUpload Fail.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Aimee the Great said:

@fatdog said:

Not only is he a great musician and rocker, he is also a great actor. He was on that movie.... mmm... that one movie... mmm.. damn I think it was that one with mutant kangaroo people, or was it Waterworld?

I know he was in several movies. As far as I can recall, there was FM, Made in Heaven, and The Postman. He was also in Runnin' Down a Dream but that was a documentary about TPATH so obviously he would be on it.

This is entirely too much Tom Petty.  The Sidebar now reeks of Tom Petty, just like the main stage at a state fair or the inner thighs of a coked-out, 17 year-old runaway.

At least it's not Nickelback...

• @fatdog said:

Yeah! Tom Petty is the Man!

Not only is he a great musician and rocker, he is also a great actor. He was on that movie.... mmm... that one movie... mmm.. damn I think it was that one with mutant kangaroo people, or was it Waterworld?

Well I don't remember but I bet he was great

I'm letting you off with a warning this time, because you are in a third-world Communist shithole.  Your sensibilities haven't been honed by a vibrant, free market.  In fact, it's kind of adorable to see you guys posing together in the middle of a dirt road, surrounded by free-roaming chickens and goats, proudly displaying your ill-fitting Oasis and New Kids on the Block t-shirts from the Salvation Army...  It takes me back to my days as a missionary.

• @jchannell said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@Aimee the Great said:

@fatdog said:

I know he was in several movies. As far as I can recall, there was FM, Made in Heaven, and The Postman. He was also in Runnin' Down a Dream but that was a documentary about TPATH so obviously he would be on it.

This is entirely too much Tom Petty.  The Sidebar now reeks of Tom Petty, just like the main stage at a state fair or the inner thighs of a coked-out, 17 year-old runaway.

At least it's not Nickelback...

There are so many things that aren't Nickelback but that are still awful..  being gang-raped in the ass, worldwide nuclear warfare, Moby...

•  What's wrong with Tom Petty?

EDIT: Also, I am not on drugs. I don't do drugs. I take medications that were prescribed but that's it.

• @Aimee the Great said:

What's wrong with Tom Petty?

EDIT: Also, I am not on drugs. I don't do drugs. I take medications that were prescribed but that's it.

I think you're taking this too seriously, he just makes a good target.  If I'd posted something about Elvis Costello I expect the reaction would be the same.  Ease up.

Can't argue with Morbs about Nickelback though, now that is like being ass raped in the ears.

• @Aimee the Great said:

What's wrong with Tom Petty?

You answered your own question with:

@Aimee the Great said:

If the fans aren't getting high, it's a pretty good sign the music is crap.

• "If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then do me a favor - take all of your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. Cause you know what? The musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Real f*cking high on drugs."

Bill Hicks

• @morbiuswilters said:

@fatdog said:

I'm letting you off with a warning this time, because you are in a third-world Communist shithole.

To be fair, Tom Petty is downright subversive in his third-world Communist shithole.  Before Tom Petty, never before had someone suggested that he doesn't have to live like a refugee.

• @bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@fatdog said:

I'm letting you off with a warning this time, because you are in a third-world Communist shithole.

To be fair, Tom Petty is downright subversive in his third-world Communist shithole.  Before Tom Petty, never before had someone suggested that he doesn't have to live like a refugee.

This is true.  Tom Petty never stood in no goddamn line for toilet paper, neither.  Tom Petty is like fucking John Locke, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln in one; unzipping his blue jeans and cracking Lenin's skull open with his massive balls.

• @Aimee the Great said:

@Aaron said:

@Aimee the Great said:

Actually, somebody sent it to me. I thought it was funny so I saved it.

Lies.  You clearly have a massive stalker database of Tom Petty articles and biographical information so you can pull these things up at a moment's notice.  Uniformed officers are on their way.

I'm not sure what they can do because most of my articles are over 20 years old.

"Most of" your articles?  You aren't helping your case here.  Just how many are there?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  Do you make collages?  If you're waiting for them to appreciate in value then I wouldn't hold my breath.

• @morbiuswilters said:

John Locke,

Like, from Lost?

• @Aaron said:

"Most of" your articles?  You aren't helping your case here.  Just how many are there?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  Do you make collages?  If you're waiting for them to appreciate in value then I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm thinking of that scene in A Beautiful Mind where he has a shed completely plastered with newspaper and magazine articles, with thousands of pieces of string connecting details together, and a huge map full of pins.

That's what I'm visualizing this Tom Petty collection as.

• @Aaron said:

Eh, I'd estimate about 50-65 articles or so. They're all digital, though.

EDIT: Also about 3000 pictures. A lot of them are video screencaps, though. Sad thing is I doubt I'll ever get to see the band live, as the nearest in Canada is over a thousand miles away and I don't got a passport.

ANOTHER EDIT: Yes, Tom Petty did do a lot of drugs. There were a lot of the "harder" ones around in the mid-80s. Petty was high on cocaine when he smashed his hand on the wall and powdered the bone. Later on, one of the band members ended up dying from heroin. 

•  Saaaaay... do you keep your stalker collection in one giant folder at the root of your hard drive?    ... do you feel the need to view them randomly?

• @Aimee the Great said:

A lot of them are video screencaps, though.

Like in... SSDS?

•  No, they aren't in a root folder. They're scattered in several folders on my data partition.

I've not heard of SSDS. I like to take screenshots from videos. Most of them are lousy but once in a while I get a good one.

• @Xyro said:

Saaaaay... do you keep your stalker collection in one giant folder at the root of your hard drive?    ... do you feel the need to view them randomly?

Remote part of Canada, hoarding, fascination with something horribly out of date... I think you're on to something here.  I think we can make a love connection here, guys.

•  You've never heard of Asperger's Syndrome?

• @bstorer said:

@Xyro said:

Saaaaay... do you keep your stalker collection in one giant folder at the root of your hard drive?    ... do you feel the need to view them randomly?

Remote part of Canada, hoarding, fascination with something horribly out of date... I think you're on to something here.  I think we can make a love connection here, guys.

How do you know she's in Canada?  Also, what happens if all the pot hasn't rendered Swampy sterile and we end up with Swamplets?

• @Aimee the Great said:

You've never heard of Asperger's Syndrome?

Why do we have to turn every social failing into a disease?  I suppose you think my predilection for strangling hookers to death is some kind of mental illness, too.

• @morbiuswilters said:

How do you know she's in Canada?

Well, that's what I assume this sentence means:

@Aimee the Great said:

Sad thing is I doubt I'll ever get to see the band live, as the nearest in Canada is over a thousand miles away and I don't got a passport.

Also, suggestion for the Canadian passport office: don't give this woman a passport.  She will hunt down, kill, and wear the skin of Tom Petty.  That would be bad because... uhh... Hmmm, on second thought, I withdraw my suggestion.

@morbiuswilters said:

Also, what happens if all the pot hasn't rendered Swampy sterile and we end up with Swamplets?
    Well, for one, child services will be frequently called to the Swamp Shack.  And I guess it'll leave Welbog as the Canadian least likely to get laid, so there's that.

• @Aimee the Great said:

Ah, Asperger's...  Move over, ADHD!  Asperger's is the scapegoat of choice for today's loser on the left side of the bell curve.

@morbiuswilters said:

I suppose you think my predilection for strangling hookers to death is some kind of mental illness, too.
    No, just sound money management.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Aimee the Great said:

Why do we have to turn every social failing into a disease?  I suppose you think my predilection for strangling hookers to death is some kind of mental illness, too.

I have Asperger's Syndrome. I was diagnosed with it.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Aimee the Great said:

Well, it can be cured with copious amounts of MDMA.  If it's treatable with drugs, we might as well call it a disease.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Dude, if a Syndrome is a disease. Are Stockholm Syndrome and PMS diseases too?

On the other hand, your predilection for strangling hookers is what some might call a "hobby".

Also, how on earth we ended blaming morb's predilection for strangling Tom Petty to death in Canada with a hooker, into a sociological-medical debate?

• @Aaron said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@Aimee the Great said:

Well, it can be cured with copious amounts of MDMA.  If it's treatable with drugs, we might as well call it a disease.

That's like saying "laziness can be cured by amphetamines, so it's a disease".  I have no doubt that ecstasy makes socially-inept people feel slightly more capable of interacting with others.  The real question is, why would we want them to?  Now instead of being introverted freaks obsessed with tedious minutiae, they're extroverted freaks who can't stop talking about the tedious minutiae while they try to rub all over you.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I suppose you think my predilection for strangling hookers to death is some kind of mental illness, too.
    Yes.  Normal people only strangle the hooker until he comes, then once he returns the favor, we go along our merry way.

• @belgariontheking said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Yes.  Normal people only strangle the hooker until he comes
    So does morbs, it's just taking him longer.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Now instead of being introverted freaks obsessed with tedious minutiae, they're extroverted freaks who can't stop talking about the tedious minutiae while they try to rub all over you.

We didn't ask what you did last weekend.  But now that we're on the subject, next time you should try sticking to just one pill and skipping the step where you shoot smack into your eyeballs.

• @Aaron said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Now instead of being introverted freaks obsessed with tedious minutiae, they're extroverted freaks who can't stop talking about the tedious minutiae while they try to rub all over you.

We didn't ask what you did last weekend.  But now that we're on the subject, next time you should try sticking to just one pill and skipping the step where you shoot smack into your eyeballs.

Great, now I've got the image stuck in my head of a couple of middle-aged Tom Petty fans rambling about what a warm soul he has while they stroke each other's faces and play with their nipples.  Thanks for that.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Great, now I've got the image stuck in my head of a couple of middle-aged Tom Petty fans rambling about what a warm soul he has while they stroke each other's faces and play with their nipples.  Thanks for that.

The part that I'm curious about is "middle-aged."  Why did you automatically think of that?  Are you a GILF hunter?  Do you keep photoshopped erotica of the Golden Girls in a cryptically-named directory several levels deep in a system folder?

• @Aaron said:

The part that I'm curious about is "middle-aged."

No one born after 1968 is going to be a Tom Petty fan.

@Aaron said:

Why did you automatically think of that?  Are you a GILF hunter?  Do you keep photoshopped erotica of the Golden Girls in a cryptically-named directory several levels deep in a system folder?

Why would I hide it?

• @morbiuswilters said:

Filed under: I've already got plenty of Phyllis Diller including the rare "donkey show" videos.<input name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$ctl00$PostList$ctl33$ctl23$ctl01" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_ctl00_PostList_ctl33_ctl23_ctl01_State" value="value:Filed%20under%3A%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22%2Ftags%2FI_2700_ve%2Balready%2Bgot%2Bplenty%2Bof%2BPhyllis%2BDiller%2Bincluding%2Bthe%2Brare%2B_2600_quot_3B00_donkey%2Bshow_2600_quot_3B00_%2Bvideos_2E00_%2Fdefault.aspx%22%20rel%3D%22tag%22%3EI've%20already%20got%20plenty%20of%20Phyllis%20Diller%20including%20the%20rare%20%22donkey%20show%22%20videos.%3C%2Fa%3E" type="hidden">
    You do?!  I've been looking for them for years.  Maybe you could upload them to MegaUpload, where they belong.

• @morbiuswilters said:

No one born after 1968 is going to be a Tom Petty fan.

But no one born before 1968 has, much less flaunts, Asperger's.  Looks like we're dealing with a teenager who has a thing for older men.  So don't rule out Swampy yet!

• @Xyro said:

Filed under: TPDS PTSD, Tom Petty Desktop Search

I think you earned a free TDWTF mug.

(And yes, that mug IS as awesome as Alex advertised it.)