AT&T

• @corporate email said:

Our telephone provider, AT&T, is currently experiencing a major incoming call outage in Ohio, Texas, Minnesota, and possibly other states due to a damaged router.  We do not have an estimated time for the repair to be completed.

Were any of you affected by this?  Was AT&T wireless out too?

• @belgariontheking said:

@corporate email said:

Our telephone provider, AT&T, is currently experiencing a major incoming call outage in Ohio, Texas, Minnesota, and possibly other states due to a damaged router.  We do not have an estimated time for the repair to be completed.

Probably not.  What's really amazing is that they don't have better failover for such a large network.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@belgariontheking said:

@corporate email said:

Probably not.  What's really amazing is that they don't have better failover for such a large network.

Texas was the only surprising one.  I mean, who gives a shit about Ohio or Minnesota?  Also, did AT&T go out of their way to make their system defy any logical geographic structure?

• @bstorer said:

Also, did AT&T go out of their way to make their system defy any logical geographic structure?

They did have this slogan for a short while, but it didn't catch on:

AT&T: fuck topology

•  Yeah, we were hit by this pretty hard in Central PA.  I find it simultaneously amusing and head-scratching why those states in particular.  I'd love to see their design, but then I'd probably have to be admitted to the nearest asylum afterwards...