AT&T

• @corporate email said:

Our telephone
    provider, AT&T, is currently experiencing a major incoming call outage in
    Ohio, Texas, Minnesota, and possibly other states due to a damaged router.  We
    do not have an estimated time for the repair to be completed.

Were any of you affected by this?  Was AT&T wireless out too?

• @belgariontheking said:

@corporate email said:

Our telephone

Probably not.  What's really amazing is that they don't have better failover for such a large network.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@belgariontheking said:

@corporate email said:

Our telephone

Probably not.  What's really amazing is that they don't have better failover for such a large network.

Texas was the only surprising one.  I mean, who gives a shit about Ohio or Minnesota?  Also, did AT&T go out of their way to make their system defy any logical geographic structure?

• @bstorer said:

Also, did AT&T go out of their way to make their system defy any logical geographic structure?

They did have this slogan for a short while, but it didn't catch on:

AT&T: fuck topology

•  Yeah, we were hit by this pretty hard in Central PA.  I find it simultaneously amusing and head-scratching why those states in particular.  I'd love to see their design, but then I'd probably have to be admitted to the nearest asylum afterwards...

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.