Multi-WTF



  •  Cardfive Evaluation Settings

    1. All the functionalities marked, er, where?
    2. Expires on 15th August 1995?
    3. Uses left: 12336 of 50 available
    4. "an use is:save a card,print a card(each card,each copy) a save database records."



  • @pinkduck said:

    4. "an use is:save a card,print a card(each card,each copy) a save database records."

    This one wins imho. Really strange way to define "an use", and really strange English, too.



  • 5. (definitively)

     

    Revert to Lite XL. No wait, actually don't. I just checked the box because it looks pretty.



  • Re: #1: probably in the menus.



  • I forget which month is 15th.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @morbiuswilters said:

    I forget which month is 15th.
    Tredecember. Trouble is, it doesn't have an 8th.



  •  6. the fucked-up fake Aero look. Nice try, but my eyes are not deceived so easily



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    I forget which month is 15th.

    MM/DD/YYYY doesn't even make sense.



  • @derula said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    I forget which month is 15th.

    MM/DD/YYYY doesn't even make sense.

    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least).  "August 15th, 1995"

     

    I suppose you also use SS:MM:HH for telling time?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least).  "August 15th, 1995"

    Today is the 11th of March 2010. I can't remember the last time I heard a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @morbiuswilters said:

    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least). "August 15th, 1995"

    I suppose you also use SS:MM:HH for telling time?
    It's (now) a quarter past 4 (GMT) - it would certainly make sense if the same rules were applied to write 15:16.



  • @Lingerance said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least).  "August 15th, 1995"

    Today is the 11th of March 2010. I can't remember the last time I heard a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.

    Yes, you can pronounce it like that, but who in the fuck talks like that?  If you say "Canada", then that's it, you're out of North America.  You bastards can go make your own continent.



  • @PJH said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least). "August 15th, 1995"

    I suppose you also use SS:MM:HH for telling time?
    It's (now) a quarter past 4 (GMT) - it would certainly make sense if the same rules were applied to write 15:16.

    Actually, the timestamp indicates 17 past 4 (or 43 til' 5).  Yeah, people sometimes tell the time that way, but is that the standard for you Brits?  You people are fucking masochists.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @Lingerance said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least).  "August 15th, 1995"

    Today is the 11th of March 2010. I can't remember the last time I heard a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.

    Yes, you can pronounce it like that, but who in the fuck talks like that?  If you say "Canada", then that's it, you're out of North America.  You bastards can go make your own continent.

     

    I've lived here all my life and have never heard anyone talk like that.  I think I'd slap them.

    Maybe that's how they roll in, I don't know, Newfoundland or something, but nobody cares about them.



  • @Aaron said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    @Lingerance said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    It does if you are writing dates as you would pronounce them (in English, at least).  "August 15th, 1995"

    Today is the 11th of March 2010. I can't remember the last time I heard a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.

    Yes, you can pronounce it like that, but who in the fuck talks like that?  If you say "Canada", then that's it, you're out of North America.  You bastards can go make your own continent.

     

    I've lived here all my life and have never heard anyone talk like that.  I think I'd slap them.

    Maybe that's how they roll in, I don't know, Newfoundland or something, but nobody cares about them.

    I understand saying it that way occasionally, if you want to sound poetic or are writing a country ballad about rebel semi-truck drivers and need something that rhymes with "moon".  Otherwise, you are just a dick.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    I understand saying it that way occasionally, if you want to sound poetic or are writing a country ballad about rebel semi-truck drivers and need something that rhymes with "moon".  Otherwise, you are just a dick.



  •  Hi

     Want to remind you that not the whole world uses the
    MM/DD/YYYY time format. In Austria, Germany (where this Software comes
    from) and other parts of Europe  they use DD/MM/YYYY or more common
    DD.MM.YYYY. So this is a valid date. 

    Arnold

     



  • @arno1704 said:

     Hi

     Want to remind you that not the whole world uses the
    MM/DD/YYYY time format. In Austria, Germany (where this Software comes
    from) and other parts of Europe  they use DD/MM/YYYY or more common
    DD.MM.YYYY. So this is a valid date. 

    Arnold

    No shit, Sherlock.  Nobody questioned whether the date was valid.  In fact, pinkduck even reads the date correctly:

    @pinkduck said:

    2. Expires on 15th August 1995?
     

    None of which is particularly relevant to the variety of WTFs contained in that screenshot.



  •  Why can't we all just speak in timestamps?

    "When do you want to meet for a beer?"

    "1269489600."



  • I'm as annoyed by little-endian dates (DD/MM/YYYY) as I am by the mixed-date format (MM/DD/YYYY). The worst offenders of course are (MM/DD) and (DD/MM) because of the ambiguity for any day less than or equal to 12.

    I much prefer YYYY/MM/DD (and by extension MM/DD) since it actually sorts in a sensible manner since it follows order-of-magnitude.

    You can also more easily extend to  YYYY/MM/DD/HH:mm:ss and keep the same ordering.



  • @too_many_usernames said:

    I'm as annoyed by little-endian dates (DD/MM/YYYY) as I am by the mixed-date format (MM/DD/YYYY). The worst offenders of course are (MM/DD) and (DD/MM) because of the ambiguity for any day less than or equal to 12.

    I much prefer YYYY/MM/DD (and by extension MM/DD) since it actually sorts in a sensible manner since it follows order-of-magnitude.

    You can also more easily extend to  YYYY/MM/DD/HH:mm:ss and keep the same ordering.

    Wow, what a bold opinion this is on a board devoted to IT.  You, sir, are clearly a trailblazer.



  • @bstorer said:

    Wow, what a bold opinion this is on a board devoted to IT.  You, sir, are clearly a trailblazer.

     

    Hey, I could have advocated the Discordian calendar instead.



  • @arno1704 said:

     Hi

     Want to remind you that not the whole world uses the
    MM/DD/YYYY time format. In Austria, Germany (where this Software comes
    from) and other parts of Europe  they use DD/MM/YYYY or more common
    DD.MM.YYYY. So this is a valid date. 

    Arnold

     

    Failure to localize correctly is a WTF. Localization isn't just translation, you have to change your date/time formats, currency, thousands separator, etc as well.

    So even if we had been complaining about the date format (which, as was pointed out, nobody was), you still haven't corrected any WTFs with your little outburst of nationalist pride there.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.