Buy Now Pay Later... Much, Much Later

•  I'd be pretty stupid not to take this deal.  Naturally, I won't be putting a single cent toward paying it off.  My decendents in 16,758 years or so will be shocked to discover they have to pay off my water heater.

• I felt pretty stupid after wondering who the hell was "slash" and then realizing it's an italic uppercase I. <font size="1">(as opposed to a lowercase I or an uppercase i)</font>

•  Might want to check the fine print: do they start calculating interest on any remaining principal after 201102 months, or do they start start calculating it from purchase and add it to the account in 201102 months' time?

• @bstorer said:

I'd be pretty stupid not to take this deal.  Naturally, I won't be putting a single cent toward paying it off.  My decendents in 16,758 years or so will be shocked to discover they have to pay off my water heater.

I'm not sure, but I'd be worried that they may confuse "make a late payment" with "never make a payment" and start charging you interest, sending you nasty letters and so on, even before you give them anything. You know what these people are like.

• It does actually say that they will calculate interest from the purchase date, so if you haven't paid it off after 201102 months there's going to be a [b]massive[/b] bill. At typical financing rates it's going to be something like 10^1200 to 10^1300 times the original cost. Your descendants are in for a [b]very[/b] nasty shock...

• @Scarlet Manuka said:

Your descendants are in for a very nasty shock...

Finding out the identity of their ancestor?

• @Anonymouse said:

@Scarlet Manuka said:

Your descendants are in for a very nasty shock...

Finding out the identity of their ancestor?

Are you kidding me?  My descendants are going to worship me like a god.  They will all name themselves after me in a fruitless attempt to curry my favor in this life and the next.  The only hope bstorer DCXI has is that inflation outstrips the interest accumulation.

• @Scarlet Manuka said:

It does actually say that they will calculate interest from the purchase date, so if you haven't paid it off after 201102 months there's going to be a massive bill. At typical financing rates it's going to be something like 10^1200 to 10^1300 times the original cost. Your descendants are in for a very nasty shock...

That's not really his problem though, is it?

• @Scarlet Manuka said:

It does actually say that they will calculate interest from the purchase date, so if you haven't paid it off after 201102 months there's going to be a massive bill. At typical financing rates it's going to be something like 10^1200 to 10^1300 times the original cost. Your descendants are in for a very nasty shock...

good thing debt dies with the debtor