Sometimes WTF's have a silver lining

• So I got roped into a business trip scheduled for next week.  Pearl Harbor, Hawaii for training.  I'd rather not go despite the lovely location.  It's a freaking long flight from the east coast so they should have assigned the job to one of our west coast people, but the customer apparently asked for ME.  Whatever.  So we get the contract ironed out, and I schedule my travel.  Then I go hey, did anybody do the security paperwork to get me on base?  

Um, nope.

So for the last two days the base security officer (who's been VERY nice, I must say) and I have been scrambing to get my manager to fill out and fax over the docs.  Neither of us can get ahold of him.  Today's Friday, I'm flying on Sunday, showing up on base on Monday morning.  Finally I just called him at home and he sounded really put out about the whole thing.  (Um, do your job and this won't happen in the future, kay?)

Then a thought occurred to me.  If I just relaxed and let him flake out, I'd be spending Monday on the beach at company expense.  Man, I really need to stop forcing people to do their jobs.  Heh.

• @jetcitywoman said:

If I just relaxed and let him flake out, I'd be spending Monday on the beach at company expense.  Man, I really need to stop forcing people to do their jobs.  Heh.

The principal-agent problem strikes again!

• @jetcitywoman said:

Then a thought occurred to me.  If I just relaxed and let him flake out, I'd be spending Monday on the beach at company expense.  Man, I really need to stop forcing people to do their jobs.  Heh.
    The fact that this thought occurs after the thought about getting other people to do their fucking work is probably what makes you good at your job.