IGoogle weather WTF

•  I've been watching iGoogle do this for the last couple of days, getting progressively more wtf'ed.

This is the best one yet. I'm in Aus, town blanked out to protect the innocent. I keep London on my iGoogle for nostalgia, because its my old home town.

The real current temp in Aus is on my Vista gadget. It's getting towards summer here and -2 is definately NOT forecast... and I don't think London is having a heatwave right now.

google weather wtf

If I can find it I should add in the screenshot when we were forecast snow showers last night. No its not snowing in summer either.

• Actually, Google is right and your weather gadget is wrong. The climate change has progressed far enough that we will reach the critical phase - depicted accurately in Day after Tomorrow - some time around next tuesday. Having access to the infinite processing power of Google's network, their weather service has of course already predicted the fluctuations that will occur. There are good sides as well, though. You'll get a genuine white christmas! Isn't that awesome?

• @Nyquist said:

my Vista gadget.

This is TRWTF.

• @PSWorx said:

Actually, Google is right and your weather gadget is wrong. The climate change has progressed far enough that we will reach the critical phase - depicted accurately in Day after Tomorrow - some time around next tuesday. Having access to the infinite processing power of Google's network, their weather service has of course already predicted the fluctuations that will occur. There are good sides as well, though. You'll get a genuine white christmas! Isn't that awesome?

I blame the Large Hadron Collider.

(Oh and yeah, I was gonna say in my post TRWTF is Vista lol.... havent got around to buying Windows 7 yet.)

• @PSWorx said:

Actually, Google is right and your weather gadget is wrong. The climate change has progressed far enough that we will reach the critical phase - depicted accurately in Day after Tomorrow - some time around next tuesday.

I think that would explain why earlier today it was simultaneously 43°F (36°F with wind chill) and 37°F (32°F with wind chill) on the other side of town.  Now, I didn't get to experience this for myself, being on this side of town, but since it said it on weather.com, which is on the Internet, I know it to be true.

(For the curious, the first temperature was on the "current temperature" page, the latter was on the 'by the hour' page, as the temperature for the current time.)

• :belt_onion:

@Nyquist said:

(Oh and yeah, I was gonna say in my post TRWTF is Vista lol.... havent got around to buying Windows 7 yet.)
    So what are you waiting for? You enjoy posting on Windows Vista? Hurry to the store! :-p

• Apparently it's not even summer in Aus right now.  15° is fucking cold!

Kidding aside, I use The Weather Channel's desktop widget.   It's more full featured, and I always felt like the Vista one lagged by a few hours or more.

•  One of the other Londons, perhaps?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_%28disambiguation%29

•  Google's weather reporting in general has been a bit screwy lately. This morning I sent for a weather text message and Google informed me that the low was -2, the high was 19, and the current was 25 (all Fahrenheit). My guess is that Google is having some issues with their weather providers.

• @belgariontheking said:

Apparently it's not even summer in Aus right now.  15° is fucking cold!

Kidding aside, I use The Weather Channel's desktop widget.

15°C is not terribly cold.

As for the Weather Channel, I've stopping going there -- their forecasts for my area are always way off.  I mean *WAY* off.

• I could see these as legit readings for Aus. I know for a fact that it snowed just a couple days ago on Mt Baw Baw, so if they are reading it from somewhere like that then I could see it happening. Since I'm geussing that you don't live in a Mountainous area though it is probably a WTF (but I've found most weather services like that).

I still can't wait for a *proper* christmas though, Summer seems a bit late this year... :(

• @Thief^ said:

One of the other Londons, perhaps?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_%28disambiguation%29

Mmmm... a nice 32°C [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Grill]London Grill[/url].