League of Legends text wtf... and the viral installer.

• Ok so the game League of Legends has WTFs all over their website and tooltips for abilities. Usually its just poor grammar but...

One really stood out.

Gangplank signals his ship to fire upon an area for 10 seconds. Each cannonball deals damage and slows enemy units.
    Signals Gangplank's ship to fire upon an area for 8 seconds. Each cannonball deals 160 / 220 / 280 (+0 per ability power) damage and slows enemy units 40 / 55 / 70% for 1.25 seconds.

Naturally there is a ton of repetition in these and sometimes inaccuracies. Very often actually there are quite a few inaccuracies.

Now I will let you guess if the actual effect time is 8 seconds, 9 seconds, or 10 seconds :)

you can read more fun stuff on here

O another good one, confused the hell out of me

Jax's greatest talent lies in his ability to grow stronger with every attack. Each successive attack increases his attack speed temporarily, and every 4th blow will devastate his target.
    Jax's basic attacks increase his attack speed by 6 / 10 / 14% for a short duration, and hitting the same unit 2 consecutive times enhances Jax's next attack for 140 / 170 / 210 (+1 per ability power) bonus magic damage.
    Attack speed stacks up to 8 times.

Did you know the actual effect is every 3rd attack regardless of target is the stated ability? Not to mention this mysterious attack speed happening when? Oh don't worry you'll never guess. I don't think you get it actually :)

Did I mention this game had like 10,000 or so beta testers and this was never fixed? O and the installer is actually a virus, it created an invisible process on windows vista which could not be found in process explorer which used up 100% of the hard drive access capabilities until the machine was turned off. (ok not 100% but basically opening windows explorer took a minute)

• @astonerbum said:

O and the installer is actually a virus, it created an invisible process on windows vista which could not be found in process explorer which used up 100% of the hard drive access capabilities until the machine was turned off. (ok not 100% but basically opening windows explorer took a minute)
    Probably an anti-cheating/piracy service.

• @astonerbum said:

O and the installer is actually a virus, it created an invisible process on windows vista which could not be found in process explorer which used up 100% of the hard drive access capabilities until the machine was turned off. (ok not 100% but basically opening windows explorer took a minute)

Strangely enough I have a lot of those programs floating on my PC. They are even clever enough to tell System Idle to report very close to 100%.
    Mainly those programs are called "excessive disk activity" and can come from anything reading large portions of a disk. Like, y'know, installers installing a couple of gigabytes.

• The installer is 300 megs total. It can't take over 10 minutes to launch it.