My Tales from the Interview

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

Last job: 4 miles door to door, 1 hour to walk, 25 mins by bike (very hilly area,) about 10/15 minutes by car.

Current job: 2 miles door to door, 25/30 mins to walk, about 30 minutes by car.

(First job was in the sticks, second is in the city. I moved about 300 miles between jobs.)

• Nobody cares what my commute is like so I'm not going to post it! Hah!

• @Weng said:

Actually, no. It's because my computer is closer to bed than my dresser, and is a simpler and safer route. I can stumble there still half asleep, but in order to retrieve pants, I have to go halfway across the room and navigate several obstacles.
    Nominated for quote of the week. 

•  @Weng said:

Actually, no. It's because my computer is closer to bed than my dresser, and is a simpler and safer route. I can stumble there still half asleep, but in order to retrieve pants, I have to go halfway across the room and navigate several obstacles.

One solution to that would be to wear pants to bed, then when you woke up you would still (hopefully) be wearing them and not scaring the old lady across the street whilst stretching.

Course, you still need to change them sometimes, otherwise they stink. I prefer to do that every week to be on the safe side. 

• @Mole said:

One solution to that would be to wear pants to bed
    No way, that's when I prefer to go commando. Saves some trouble for those night bathroom visits.

• @Mole said:

@Weng said:

One solution to that would be to wear pants to bed, then when you woke up you would still (hopefully) be wearing them and not scaring the old lady across the street whilst stretching.

Course, you still need to change them sometimes, otherwise they stink. I prefer to do that every week to be on the safe side.

While we're solving other people's problems which don't really bother them, what's wrong with simply selecting the new pair of pants for the day before going to bed, and leave them strategically between the bed and the computer?

As far as avoiding scaring the old lady across the street, I recommend curtains, although some prefer blinds.  That way, she also won't be scared by the food you eat, the smut you view, or the old hardware you use.

• @tgape said:

As far as avoiding scaring the old lady across the street, I recommend curtains, although some prefer blinds.  That way, she also won't be scared by the food you eat, the smut you view, or the old hardware you use.

The easiest way to avoid scaring the lady across the street is to just scare her to death the first time. That way there's no old lady to worry about and you might get a sexy new neighbor if you're lucky. If you get another old lady, scare her to death.

Although if you can scare the old lady to death, the sexy neighbor probably will not find you appealing.

• @bob171123 said:

Although if you can scare the old lady to death, the sexy neighbor probably will not find you appealing.

A heartbreaking conundrum!

• @bob171123 said:

blah blah rape joke blah blah blah