Nobody shares knowledge better than this



  • @dhromed said:

    @derula said:
    Then there's at least one person who loves you. Hint: it's not me

    Okay, I'll bite.

    profound, mentally fatigued sigh

    Is it me?


    Yes.



  • @derula said:

    Yes.

    I'm not sure howe to break it to BTK, then. His nightly visits will have to end.



  • @dhromed said:

    I'm not sure howe to break it to BTK, then. His nightly visits will have to end.

    Just drag the contents of c:/search/me_naked/ to a USB stick along with an SSRR executable (make sure to rename it to DhromedSwampGallery.exe), give it to btk, and send him to the SwampShack to learn how to use it. Bonus points if you manage to install a hidden camera in his luggage and upload the resulting video to archive.org and YouTube, without any editing other than "reshooting".



  •  @derula said:

    @dhromed said:
    I'm not sure howe to break it to BTK, then. His nightly visits will have to end.

    Just drag the contents of c:/search/me_naked/ to a USB stick along with an SSRR executable (make sure to rename it to DhromedSwampGallery.exe), give it to btk, and send him to the SwampShack to learn how to use it. Bonus points if you manage to install a hidden camera in his luggage and upload the resulting video to archive.org and YouTube, without any editing other than "reshooting".

     And then we can all be shown the true meaning of jamming noodles.

     with such classic quotes being created from the film,such as "hey, you got fudge on my noodle!... "No, you got noodle in my fudge!"

     inevitably resulting in some horrid new item for convenience store stock, based off standard Ramen noodles: "FudgeNoodles" their motto: "and you said they couldn't get any worse!"



  • Feeling Ignored - ole swampy still loves you

    I have been sharing and sharing my trapline knowledge. Almost 300 more video clips uploaded to YouTube of late. So I have been busy. If any of you do-nothings watched these you could find all the camcorder mistakes possible. Finger in front of lens, carrying the camcorder so that the zoom gets adjusted by accident, shooting all kinds of video when the lighting wasn't perfect, camcorder strap showing (Oh my God) and on and on. Then maybe you could avoid 1 or two of these flubbs when you get outside and serious about Video. And when DOing video, You'll need SSDS to play it back. Normal speed, slowed motion and freeze frame (for the very best parts of your vids). Then some slowed print LARGE text display in between these segments; (in case you get forgetfull). All these simple video techniques have been available for years and years....  What most of you won't see. Is the shitload of video one can get; by being out there and shooting. I haven't even got around to uploading my 200+ clips of the FAMOUS European Hooded Crow obcession (I hear he/she had young last year)  I chased and chased that bird till we were both knew the game - and there are other groups - Whitecourt world championship Athabasca JetBoat races 2 times. Then to finish you off. I'll post my 30 plus different political election forum video sets. If you make it through that then maybe, you'll get to see the next video - Return to the Super Secret Dino Skin Site. Then again that Dino stuff should get shown right away?

    Latest use for SSDS. Solve CrossWord puzzles. Show the first and last part of a word and the middle part gets shown in a different color. When I make this change (Bet you can beat me doing this change) I'll show you the minor code changes required. Geez this program of ours is sooo flexible.

    I got more gore video to upload. Gotta go.



  • I'd love to see SS add some copy Ramen to SSDS though. All that pasta is getting boring after a while.



  • @derula said:

    All that pasta is getting boring after a while.
     

    Yeah, I'm probably ordering chinese tonight.



  • Ignored right back

    @dhromed said:

    @derula said:

    All that pasta is getting boring after a while.
     

    Yeah, I'm probably ordering chinese tonight.

    I'm not going to do either.



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    I'm not going to do either.
     

    To each his own.

    What are you making for dinner, then?



  • @dhromed said:

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    I'm not going to do either.
     

    To each his own.

    What are you making for dinner, then?

    Whatever he has, I hope he washes it down with a refreshing Nuka Cola.



  • OverClocking == OverComputN with SSDS

    @bstorer said:


    Whatever he has, I hope he washes it down with a refreshing Nuka Cola.


    Nuka is what SSDS does with data. Jams it at you hard and fast.  

    Thinking about making a post on an OverClocking forum. What heading should I use? What pitch should I give. Ie smash those Giga text files / listen to complete audio library, starting 10 seconds in and playing just 1/2 second.  Do the same thing with video. Who's FASTER? Who sees more data than SSDS?  Use SSDS as the big big speed test app!!

    Would I last long there? Get the boot right away maybe?

    That brings up another point "Is there a De-Registration" option at web sites and why not. Like right before they ban me I'd De-Registrate myself. Or is my only option to keep pestering till they ban me. De-Registration would make for a nicer exit.



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    Nuka is what SSDS does with data. Jams it at you hard and fast.  
     

    Sounds like Morbius compiling someone's kernel!

     

    Rimshot!

     

    ...another rimshot!



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    Would I last long there? Get the boot right away maybe?
     

    Seeing that it's a forum about overclocking your CPU, and you are off topic, I think you'll last about as long as your other escapades in photography forums.

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    That brings up another point "Is there a De-Registration" option at web sites and why not. Like right before they ban me I'd De-Registrate myself. Or is my only option to keep pestering till they ban me. De-Registration would make for a nicer exit.

    You just stop posting, idiot. Like me: I have a paid membership to a gym, yet I never go. I might as well not be a member. Make sense?

    See, most honest people on the Internet don't have these unique problems you have, where you feel you'd like to make a "nicer exit" by not getting banned and making some kind of resignation notice instead, as if you're some distressed politician. Most of us never had to figure out how to make a "clean getaway" from a forum, so you'll have to figure this stuff out on your own, or go to 4chan. I'm sure some of those forumers are skilled at figuring out the easiest way out.



  • WTF needs the LHC when you can code your own black hole?



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    What heading should I use?
     

    "This topic is not releated to any kind of overclocking at all, but I'm creating the thread anyway, suckers" ?



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    What pitch should I give.

    L@@K FREE DES|<T0P SEARCH!!  Buy WoW Gold CHEEP with SSRR!  FREE NIKE SHOEZ with SSRR!!  GET V1@GR@!!   Highly recommend good sir!  Use it MultiPurpose!  SSRR! RandomMedicineStoneReShootVidHoodedCrowCurlingFamilySecretPicturesPromptNumberTwoSwampRandomDesktopGoogleDumDumTechieLordPictureSlowMoRandomRandomMusicMyersDataRandomSwamp



  • De-Registrate @ ExtremeOverClocking SSDS Banned

     

    Didn't last long over at ExtremeOverClocking. Less than a day. I made a simple post about search  

    Here is the post.

    Here is the Ban 

    maybe it's changing the subject line that makes them so mad. I could have given them all kinds of stats on how lacking the search pretenders are.

    Less than a day that is a new record. When the posts get taken down you had better have screen captures. Some Mods are ruthless. These are the only records of my single post there. If there is a De-Registration button ExtremeOverClocking would be the place to use it. Boo to them.

    A great great Search engine creator not being able to express an opinion on Search. Not a site for most people. De-Registrate from ExtremeOverClocking Swampies. De-Registrate

     

     

     

     



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    maybe it's changing the subject line that makes them so mad.
     

    No, once again, it's because you were OFF TOPIC. Talking about your desktop search application in an Overclocking forum is like me going to a Sears Auto Center and asking if they can tailor my suit, and not shutting up when they tell me repeatedly that I'm in the wrong place.

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    A great great Search engine creator not being able to express an opinion on Search

    Maybe you can find a book club to express your opinion on... they read books in Yellowhead, right?



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    I made a simple post about search
     

    It was offtopic, you were indistinguishable from a spammer, and you were banned. This makes sense.

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    maybe it's changing the subject line that
    makes them so mad.

    No, that's not it. Think again.

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    De-Registrate from ExtremeOverClocking Swampies. De-Registrate

    It looks like a tightly run ship about overclocking. I'm going to work on my machine in a bit, so maybe I'll create an account there.

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    A great great Search engine creator

    You implemented Ctrl+F of any decent text editor in a separate executable. That is not great.

     

    SpectateSwamp is like that one guy from Family Guy that does a Kermit the Frog tattoo.



  • @SpectateSwam said:

    My custom search doesn't index. It will catalogue

    Oh wow. I'm glad I clicked on your screenshot.

    Hey SpectateSwam, SomethingAwful.com has a semi-regular feature called Weekend Web that highlights some pretty grotesque wonderful internet forums.  I highly recommend you check those out. If you try hard enough, I'm sure you could find one where you could ramble all you want about the glory of SSRR and the evils of automatic cataloging. They might be more willing to tolerate you.  I'm not even kidding.



  • @dhromed said:

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    A great great Search engine creator

    You implemented Ctrl+F of any decent text editor in a separate executable.

    Yes, but he implemented it poorly.  That has to count for something.



  • Registration Forums

    @dhromed said:

    It was offtopic, you were indistinguishable from a spammer, and you were banned. This makes sense.

    It looks like a tightly run ship about overclocking. I'm going to work on my machine in a bit, so maybe I'll create an account there.

    You implemented Ctrl+F of any decent text editor in a separate executable. That is not great.

    Could be that; then again. Maybe they are control freaks that only are interested in Registration. Ask how to De-Registrate and watch them go mad mad. Anything or anybody that might change the Registration count must be dealt with. And when they accumulate those mega thousands of posts they start to think they are Smart. Smart and Powerfult, a very dangerous combination.



  • Yes, I'm sure that's the real reason they banned you.



  • De-Registrate Day

    @Xyro said:

    Yes, I'm sure that's the real reason they banned you.

    Could it be they are all Pickie Pickies and can't stand me making up words or doing things not quite right. Typo's and mis-spelling as well. Oooh that makes them mad. Don't let them shut you up even if you can't spell or type or think straight. That's how you Share Knowledge. By being heard.

    On the registration front I'm finding more tighter control. Questions and background checks!!!



  • Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!



  • De-Registrate Day - Bully them back

     @Xyro said:

    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

    Another De-Registration on my "Registration Shake Down" thread at Trapperman.com. I was taking on their forum bullies and they Banned me. Mods are the real Bullies, Boo. (I would have De-Registrated myself if I had the chance). Join the trapperman group and bug the bully some more. They won't like it but deserve it.

     



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    De-Registrated

    Verb conjugation: you're doifying it wrong.



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    Could it be they are all Pickie Pickies and can't stand me making up words or doing things not quite right. Typo's and mis-spelling as well. Oooh that makes them mad. Don't let them shut you up even if you can't spell or type or think straight. That's how you Share Knowledge. By being heard.

    On the registration front I'm finding more tighter control. Questions and background checks!!!

    You considered the fact that posts littered with typos, poor spelling, poor punctuation and poor grammar indicate a post made by someone who doesn't care. If a person has a point to make and they actually care about what they are saying they will take the time to formulate sentences and spell words correctly. Admittedly everyone makes the odd typo but when typos, spelling mistakes and made up words are a substantial amount of the posted text it just gives a very poor impression.

    Then again posting blatantly off topic, self promotional crap to a forum is going to get you banned regardless of the quality of the language used. 

     



  • De-Registrate Knowledge shared

    @spenk said:

    Then again posting blatantly off topic, self promotional crap to a forum is going to get you banned regardless of the quality of the language used. 

    Good point I'll add that to my list of De-Registrate techniques. I got banned at Trapperman.com for my post "Registration Shake Down" I stayed on topic. But I found their Big Big bosses and started to pick on them. Fast and efficient. Check the post I put at a competing trapper forum. Oooh getting even and evener feels good.

     

    http://www.trapper.ca/cnta/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2869

    Those screen captures came in real handy.



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    Oooh getting even and evener feels good.

    Not sure about getting even but you do come across as a mental, that what you are aiming for?



  • Rule #1 don't mess with the Registration

    @spenk said:

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    Oooh getting even and evener feels good.
    Not sure about getting even but you do come across as a mental, that what you are aiming for?

    I thought I might be getting too nice. Not being banned anywhere in a month or more. The newest trapline thread just Banned me. Some kind of a new record it seems.

     I can De-Registrate as good as anybody. Maybe I'm the best there ever wuz.

     

     



  • SSDS messed with the Registration

     

     They really don't like me do they?

    remove the thread. Is that legal?



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    I thought I might be getting too nice. Not being banned anywhere in a month or more. The newest trapline thread just Banned me. Some kind of a new record it seems.


    [...]

     I can De-Registrate as good as anybody. Maybe I'm the best there ever wuz.

    You know what's really interesting about you? You're something like a reverse troll. Most trolls come to the Internet because they think they're the greatest, everyone else is fuck, and they want to test how much bullshit they can do before getting banned from a forum. You, however, came to the Internet because you wanted to tell everyone of your software and point of views to persuade them, but then you realized that somehow no one agrees with you and you get banned from everywhere. And in the end, you realize that you are the greatest. Brillant!



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    remove the thread. Is that legal?

    No. Sue them!



  •  Every time you are banned, god gently places a kitten into an incinerator and hits the ACTIVATE button.

    Moderators are created from the essential vapour of a million kittens' boiled tears.



  • Boo to the Anti-Democratics

    Trolls that don't keep jpg screen captures of those threads; will be obliviated by the great mega-thousand posters. Wait a Second DerulaSwamp your post count is getting up there. Oh O Mine is nearing a THOUSAND too ..&$_^

    You mess with the registration count and you'll get banned and the post completely deleted. If you make the monitors look stupid the same thing happens. There is no democracy in forums. None. Boo to the anti-democratics.

    Watch out for the Registration. It's all about the registration count.

     



  •  And with this lastest post, a certain critical mass of inanity has been reached, and I must express this with a portrait.

     

    Look what you made me do!

     



  • @RHuckster said:

    so you'll have to figure this stuff out on your own, or go to 4chan
     

    Oh my god. I would like to see this. 

    Swampy, yeah why don't you try 4chan. I think they would understand and appreciate your unique talents.



  • Web Forums got Trouble

    @dhromed said:

     And with this lastest post, a certain critical mass of inanity has been reached, and I must express this with a portrait.

     

    Look what you made me do!

     

    You look like me! Lucky you.

    For those that don't travel forum to forum like I do. You'd think everything is fine on the web. But those Subject specific sites aren't there to represent you; they are there to get Registrations. I found that out at one forum way way back. I refused to Registrate. The mod really got to be a pest. I'll see if I kept those emails. Probably.

    From the forum user perspective we need to hold them to task or move on in mass to another forum. Us Swampies could do it you know.

    I see at the last trapper forum they are bad mouthing me and carrying on the thread even after I'm Banned. I think one guy there is on my side. Every army starts with ONE

    I have a list of about 10 more trapper forums I can work my way through. Maybe I'll find a good one. Probably not.



  • So I'm having a little trouble following along.  Are you trying to get banned?  Or are you trying to post an advertisement for SSRR then jump ship before they come after you with torches and pitchforks?

    And are you telling us that the reason they don't like SSRR is because they see you as some heretical deviant who has the gall to register, waste their time, and then try to get banned?

    What's the deal with the registration count?  What do you have against people with high post counts?  You think that because they are active members of their forum, they therefore are part of some conspiracy against you?  Or something? I don't understand.

    What are your goals?  Let us help you achieve them.

    (Also, I emphatically second the motion for you to join 4chan.)



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    You look like me! Lucky you.
     

    Huh? Not all portraits are self portraits, Swampy.

    +1 to dhromed for artistic excellence though.



  • Moderators love Registrations

    @Xyro said:

    What's the deal with the registration count?  What do you have against people with high post counts?  You think that because they are active members of their forum, they therefore are part of some conspiracy against you?  Or something? I don't understand.

    What are your goals?  Let us help you achieve them.

    Lets OUT the moderators true motives. Registrations. That last trapper site has completely removed the thread. Why. Because they looked stupid. I was talking trapper related stuff only; not pushing "the greatest program on the planet"  Next time I'll make sure to keep the more stupid stuff from their side. There was quite a bit. I told them a Trappers forum should stand hard for trappers and nobody else. Not game wardens for sure. Maybe even ban game wardens from trapper forums. It seems most of them have friends that are wardens.

     Anyway

    That Cave I was talking about. Here is some video from yesterday. I didn't go inside but my Camcorder did. Cave Knowledge: 

    cave behind burrowing owl – 02:54
    — SpectateSwamp

    cave behind burrowing owl – 00:27
    — SpectateSwamp

    To get to the truth maybe we need to make this a "Moderator Free Zone" Just on the registrations knowledge stuff of course.

     

    What NyquistSwamp you aren't a wolf and I'm not YellowHead?



  • Re: SSDS Thread

    This is epic, true WTF front page material



  • So... the real reason moderators across the internet ban you is because you've discovered their secret, which is that all they care about is a high registration count?

    Am I reading you correctly..?



  • Moderators love Your Registration

    @Xyro said:

    So... the real reason moderators across the internet ban you is because you've discovered their secret, which is that all they care about is a high registration count?

    Am I reading you correctly..?

    Pretty much correct. If they were say 30% Registration and 70% Pro-Trappers or whatever that would be better than 100% Registration

     

    I've been telling you that most of my good posts related to Digital Video got taken down when I pestered them a bit.

    View my posts on the forum Thread that got removed. Mods always look good. Because they remove the ones where they look stupid.

     



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    Pretty much correct. If they were say 30% Registration and 70% Pro-Trappers or whatever that would be better than 100% Registration
     

    So what exactly do you mean by a "Registration" - do you just mean a registered user?



  • Registered or No-Good to forums

    @spenk said:

    So what exactly do you mean by a "Registration" - do you just mean a registered user?

    That's it. Except they don't really care about the "user" DO you Moderator. Registered is all they care about.

    Non-Registered you are no good to them. I'm no good at quite a few of my old forums. Are any of you no-good? Go about unregistering and see how much help you get. Take a friend with you. There are some forums that deserve it. Just don't expect them to lead any charge.



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    cave behind burrowing owl – 02:54
    — SpectateSwamp

    cave behind burrowing owl – 00:27
    — SpectateSwamp

    The juxtaposition of those two songs made me laugh out loud. And cry on the inside.



  • Moderators love good users who bring lots of friends

    @Xyro said:

    @SpectateSwamp said:

    cave behind burrowing owl – 02:54
    — SpectateSwamp

    cave behind burrowing owl – 00:27
    — SpectateSwamp

    The juxtaposition of those two songs made me laugh out loud. And cry on the inside.

    Don't get yourself juxtapositioned all up. Those songs were supposed to be a random pick. The only other video that I used that option for "the garter snake" was short too and got the same tune. I'm sure it picks based on video length. Or maybe not.

    I wonder if we made a discovery. If the Rubble was removed It might go quite a ways back in. There is a Big block of quartz rock in the gully??



  • @SpectateSwamp said:

    I wonder if we made a discovery. If the Rubble was removed It might go quite a ways back in. There is a Big block of quartz rock in the gully??

    Probably yes, as quartz is pretty much everywhere.

    Okay, so back to the iss-ues.  So what I'm hearing is that forum moderators only care about registration counts.   That's why they don't want to nondisunantideregistratificatalablize you.  And that's also why they get all bent out of shape when you expose their hypocrisy. Alright, it's an interesting conclusion.  Allow me to offer a simpler alternative.  Instead of registration counts, what if moderators only cared about the quality of their community?  That would explain why they don't want riff-raff posting and running and adding nothing of value.  And why they get bent out of shape when you waste their time with your semi-coherent rambling and lower the quality of the threads.  (By the way, on that note, your English spelling and grammar have been improving, so good work on that.)

    The reason why most all forums require registration is primarily for two reasons: 1) as a speed bump to keep spammers and anonymous trolls at bay, 2) so users own their own identity (e.g., so I can't write a post and sign it as you).  See how this is a good thing?

    Moderators are essential for a healthy online community.  Without the enforcement of rules, you only have chaos and spammers and chan boards. But hey, if that's what you want, 4chan will welcome you with open "arms*".


Log in to reply