Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• @spenk said:

WTF does 'it can be a twistie' mean? You make less and less sense with every post.

A twistie is one of these. I suppose you add a few noodles to the packet of Twisties and JAM IT.

• Delayed print another SSDS jem

@spenk said:

WTF is delayed print?

SSDS waits .0333 of a second after each character is printed. People don't like starting to read something only to have in yanked away.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@spenk said:
    WTF is delayed print?

SSDS waits .0333 of a second after each character is printed. People don't like starting to read something only to have in yanked away.

So it gets printed as slow as if were over a 300 baud dialup.

I'd almost install this thing just for the nostalgia.  Never mind it's setting computing back 30 years.

• Delayed print another SSDS jem

@cHao said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

@spenk said:
    WTF is delayed print?

So it gets printed as slow as if were over a 300 baud dialup.

I'd almost install this thing just for the nostalgia.  Never mind it's setting computing back 30 years.

It is controled by elements 76 and 77 in the control.txt file. For storefront display it works. I'll be using it to show the details on a property. Then play the associated video. Then the delayed print details once more. I remember 300 baud. It was better than hauling punch cards down to the local IBM shop.

• SSDS would have kicked some but at CES

@derula said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
    I needed to run "backgrd*.exe" version of the search. The main program fires it up and waits for a preset number of seconds until the delayed print version is finished then it will show the video. Then the same characters are displayed after the video.
    An embarrbutting shot from the video posted above (the one which reads "at end of file prompt") in a white frame on black background, subtitled "Technology - You're doing it wrong".

I fixed that by commenting out the print statements and rebuilding the program. I put derulaswamp beside the changes.

check this demo out. Much much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3oU3ZDyDaY

Even a dumb SOB like me can see the value here. This is a much better mouse trap.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I fixed that by commenting out the print statements and rebuilding the program. I put derulaswamp beside the changes.

check this demo out. Much much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3oU3ZDyDaY

Even a dumb SOB like me can see the value here. This is a much better mouse trap.

Still looks amature as hell though, a series of simple and well taken photographs (with the items not covered in glass) would look far better than the drawn out video shots. The information relevant to each item could also be included in the photos themselves and not split from the content they relate to either.

• Only Spaghetti code can be jammed like this

@spenk said:

Still looks amature as hell though, a series of simple and well taken photographs (with the items not covered in glass) would look far better than the drawn out video shots. The information relevant to each item could also be included in the photos themselves and not split from the content they relate to either.

Yeah it was bad video. My cousins shop newly opened and I just shot this and that and was done in 5 minutes. (12 clips) I'd sooner video live things. Red isn't a good color selection for screen reshoots. I'll fix that. Putting a "SpenkSwamp" beside the default color change. Consider it jammed.

Geez I love this search. All right there in one program (10,000 lines) change and jam change and jam. Even after being away from it for quite some time. That's how you got to do video. Don't be professional shoot and shoot. To H with the editing and the artsy fartsy >*^^% crap. My video can only get better or worse???

That's the way to use this program jam it and kill it and jam it again. The defaults are there and the control file allows me to change some of the prompts at prompt #2. This program was ment to jam. It's getting sticky

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Yeah it was bad video.
    You should consider editing the videos to improve the quality.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Red isn't a good color selection for screen reshoots.
    Screen reshoots are a rubbish idea fullstop. Changing a colour isn't going to fix that.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Geez I love this search. All right there in one program (10,000 lines) change and jam change and jam.
    Pity the 10,000 lines are utter garbage though.@SpectateSwamp said:
    That's how you got to do video. Don't be professional shoot and shoot. To H with the editing and the artsy fartsy >*^^% crap. My video can only get better or worse???
    That is certainly how to do crap video. Taking time to frame a scene and do a minimal amount of preparation improves the quality tremendously compared to your half arsed approach. @SpectateSwamp said:
    That's the way to use this program jam it and kill it and jam it again. The defaults are there and the control file allows me to change some of the prompts at prompt #2. This program was ment to jam. It's getting sticky
    That just sounds a load of rubbish to me, a program that you need to kill!

• All code was Spaghetti in the old days

@spenk said:

Pity the 10,000 lines are utter garbage though.

You haven't seen the half of what SSDS is capable of. It already does more, way more than most and is still very flexible. SSDS is not very language specific as I didn't use anything fancy. Just the input box and mcisendstring and the directory call stuff. It's not too difficult to set up a video navigation sequence with a: go right, go straight, go left or go back sequence. Maybe I'll take you all exploring with a screen reshoot of that. Damn those reshoots are quick and easy with SSDS

@spenk said:

That just sounds a load of rubbish to me, a program that you need to kill!

Not need to kill. Want to kill. This thing starts up so fast. If you hear a song or see a video you don't want kill and restart the random play in seconds. It's a lot of fun jamming SSDS. See what this puppy will do. Lost of stats and elapsed times with text. Mess with the control.txt. Change the slow motion times. I've done hardly anything with that. Really explore SSDS my swampies.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Not need to kill. Want to kill.
    So it is an application that you want to kill? This is a good thing how?@SpectateSwamp said:
    This thing starts up so fast.
    Pity it is a pile of junk when it does start up though. @SpectateSwamp said:
    If you hear a song or see a video you don't want kill and restart the random play in seconds. 
    That isn't even coherent, most software would simply allow you to skip to the next track or video without requiring a restart. @SpectateSwamp said:
    It's a lot of fun jamming SSDS. See what this puppy will do. Lost of stats and elapsed times with text. Mess with the control.txt. Change the slow motion times. I've done hardly anything with that. Really explore SSDS my swampies.
    Meaningless crap again.

• More lessons in Search Knowledge

@spenk said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Not need to kill. Want to kill.
    So it is an application that you want to kill? This is a good thing how?@SpectateSwamp said:
    This thing starts up so fast.
    Pity it is a pile of junk when it does start up though. @SpectateSwamp said:
    If you hear a song or see a video you don't want kill and restart the random play in seconds. 
    That isn't even coherent, most software would simply allow you to skip to the next track or video without requiring a restart. @SpectateSwamp said:
    It's a lot of fun jamming SSDS. See what this puppy will do. Lost of stats and elapsed times with text. Mess with the control.txt. Change the slow motion times. I've done hardly anything with that. Really explore SSDS my swampies.
    Meaningless crap again.

If it starts and kills fast it is fast otherwise it's slow. If it is slow I won't use it. Period.

Sorry not the "random play in seconds." the "Rapid Random Random play in seconds." That's way cooler than skipping to the next track or video.

meaningless crap again

there is a lot of good crap in there. 1 program that does it all. I have the help.txt build routine in the code. I can do the help option (prompt #2) and it auto hi-lites  the contro.txt elements as I check these important settings out when I'm jamming it.  It makes the code look messy but I needed it.

also I could use some support over at this channel9 forum. I'm pissed with the whole MetaData idea. It is getting funny.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

If it starts and kills fast it is fast otherwise it's slow. If it is slow I won't use it. Period.
    If an application launches and responds fast then it is a responsive application, if using a media player I can skip to another song quickly then I really don't care how long it takes to shut down as I will only shut it down when I have finished and not as a means to change the current song or video.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Sorry not the "random play in seconds." the "Rapid Random Random play in seconds." That's way cooler than skipping to the next track or video.
    I have no fucking idea what you are on about, I am not after cool features in a media player I want it to play my media, allow me to skip backwards or forwards between tracks and allow me to play in a random order - just about all media players can do this so I have no need of your 'random random seconds random video seconds random' crap.@SpectateSwamp said:
    1 program that does it all.
    Does what you need it would seem but nothing of worth for anyone else.@SpectateSwamp said:
    I have the help.txt build routine in the code.
    Why not just include a help.txt file and remove the code to generate this? A change to the help file requires a rebuild of your application - a stupid idea if I ever heard one.@SpectateSwamp said:
     It makes the code look messy but I needed it.
    A sure sign the code is being developed the wrong way.@SpectateSwamp said:
    also I could use some support over at this channel9 forum. I'm pissed with the whole MetaData idea. It is getting funny.
    Quite frankly you don't understand the point of meta data, what it is or why it has benefits - nobody with a braincell is going to support your point of view.

• Backgrounder another SSDS Gem

@spenk said:

If an application launches and responds fast then it is a responsive application, if using a media player I can skip to another song quickly then I really don't care how long it takes to shut down as I will only shut it down when I have finished and not as a means to change the current song or video.

To run SSDS as a background job. It had to be fast. Maybe even too fast. During the storefront_sales demo the backgrd* versions are down and up more than a punch drunk prize fighter. Having it call a background version of SSDS opens up a whole raft of weird uses. I'll show some of them to you.

Sorry that Rapid Random Random is from my other post. They were bragging about some piece of software that had shuffle. SSDS can pick a random song and then a random start point and play just 2 seconds then on to the next. Thus Rapid Random Random RRR with SSDS. Way more fun than just the next track. Even in its most primitive stage SSDS could play the next track.

Don't be afraid and join the channel9 metadata fiasco. They don't know as much as this Group about the Worlds most powerful MetaData search engine SSDS Woo Hoo

• @SpectateSwamp said:

To run SSDS as a background job. It had to be fast. Maybe even too fast. During the storefront_sales demo the backgrd* versions are down and up more than a punch drunk prize fighter. Having it call a background version of SSDS opens up a whole raft of weird uses. I'll show some of them to you.
    Why does SSDS even need to be run twice or god knows how many times to do something as simple as display a few pictures in sequence? If nothing else a background thread or two should have been sufficient.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Sorry that Rapid Random Random is from my other post. They were bragging about some piece of software that had shuffle. SSDS can pick a random song and then a random start point and play just 2 seconds then on to the next. Thus Rapid Random Random RRR with SSDS. Way more fun than just the next track. Even in its most primitive stage SSDS could play the next track.
    Shuffle makes sense, playing random snippets of music though is an idiotic idea - I have never in my life wanted to listen to random length bits of track from a random position in random songs, only a total moron would see this as useful.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Don't be afraid and join the channel9 metadata fiasco. They don't know as much as this Group about the Worlds most powerful MetaData search engine SSDS Woo Hoo

I am not afraid, I just understand you are wrong and have no desire to drag that thread down into the gutter along with this one. Since when did SSDS become a Metadata search engine? You don't even understand metadata (or a file system for fucks sake) or agree with it, you really are a tit.

• They quote Spenk at channel9

@spenk said:

Why does SSDS even need to be run twice or god knows how many times to do something as simple as display a few pictures in sequence? If nothing else a background thread or two should have been sufficient.

There is a lot of flexibility running a background job. And it is interesing to watch the processes. With the Ctrl/Alt/Del option. Its up, it's down. It's taking 80% cpu it's taking 45%

Only SSDS allows you to jam it like this. Other searches just don't match up. This is a users program and Not for the Techie. Obviously. Very obviously

• @SpectateSwamp said:

And it is interesing to watch the processes.
    I personally would have better things to do rather than watching ssds repeatedly start and stop. @SpectateSwamp said:
    With the Ctrl/Alt/Del option. Its up, it's down.
    This is the first time I have ever seen the idea of using an OS tool to forcefully terminate a running application called an option! @SpectateSwamp said:
    It's taking 80% cpu it's taking 45%
    SSDS is doing toss all though so using 80% or even 45% of my cpu is a total joke.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Only SSDS allows you to jam it like this.
    Only SSDS requires you to work like this, other tools tend not to require killing as part of their normal behaviour.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Other searches just don't match up.
    Other search tools allow you to search for files - there is that as a major difference as SSDS doesn't allow you to search for files.@SpectateSwamp said:
    This is a users program and Not for the Techie. Obviously. Very obviously
    Nope this is your program and nobody else's, it suits you and your warped idea of how computers work but the rest of the world has moved on.

• @spenk said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
     And it is interesing to watch the processes.
    I personally would have better things to do rather than watching ssds repeatedly start and stop.

Oh I'd like to see it stop, but that'd never make up for the amount of pain it would cause if I had to watch it start.

• @spenk said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Other searches just don't match up.
    Other search tools allow you to search for files - there is that as a major difference as SSDS doesn't allow you to search for files.

I think what we're seeing here is a disagreement of definition, really.  SSDS isn't so much a "Desktop Search" as it is a ... tool.  A utility with a tiny niche.  It can grep through one file, play video slowly, do the random, and seed doubts of intelligence.   The fighting of whether or not it can "find" a "file" or "search" through a "directory" is really irrelevant once you realize the DS part of the name is just an innocent misnomer.

Perhaps the title of "Spectate Swamp Utility" would cause less confusion and frustration.  Or maybe, given the presistant emphais on jamming and noodles, the ... "Spectate Swamp Tool/Utility Program for Interpretive Development"

I think that would settle a lot of the harsh feelings.

• Don't think Do with SSDS

@Xyro said:

I think what we're seeing here is a disagreement of definition, really.  SSDS isn't so much a "Desktop Search" as it is a ... tool.  A utility with a tiny niche.  It can grep through one file, play video slowly, do the random, and seed doubts of intelligence.   The fighting of whether or not it can "find" a "file" or "search" through a "directory" is really irrelevant once you realize the DS part of the name is just an innocent misnomer.

Perhaps the title of "Spectate Swamp Utility" would cause less confusion and frustration.  Or maybe, given the presistant emphais on jamming and noodles, the ... "Spectate Swamp Tool/Utility Program for Interpretive Development"

I think that would settle a lot of the harsh feelings.

First off it's not "A utility with a tiny niche" It's the only program a guy with 40 years in IT would want. In another 30 years or so SpenkSwamp will maybe start to realize.

The "desktop search" part could be a bit misnomered. There was only search in the early days. I didn't want the Spenks of the world to get Swamp Search confused with the Web searches like the Google and Yahoo monstrosities. Those apps don't move easily to the "desktop" . The non indexing approach sets SSDS light years ahead of them, in the terms of flexibility. SSDS very flexible the others not so.

What ever name confuses the least, I'm good with. But I sorta like Spectate Swamp Google and MicroSoft Killer.

SSDS lets you jam the computer like never before. Believe me it's a fun way to compute. Jamming SSDS and Software changes, could be a whole new thread. Few if any newbies know how to hammer the computer like this. Its that Spaghetti code design method maybe. Don't think Do. Do don't think.

• Re: Don't think and make Do with SSDS

@SpectateSwamp said:

First off it's not "A utility with a tiny niche" It's the only program a guy with 40 years in IT would want. In another 30 years or so SpenkSwamp will maybe start to realize.
    A user base of one slightly mad 40 year old guy sounds like a niche to me.

@SpectateSwamp said:

The "desktop search" part could be a bit misnomered. There was only search in the early days. I didn't want the Spenks of the world to get Swamp Search confused with the Web searches like the Google and Yahoo monstrosities. Those apps don't move easily to the "desktop" . The non indexing approach sets SSDS light years ahead of them, in the terms of flexibility. SSDS very flexible the others not so.
    I would say more than a bit misnomered as it isn't a desktop search tool in the slightest due to it's inability to search for files. As we have pointed out before SSDS is an indexed search it just requires the user to maintain the index by hand rather than automatically like any sane tool would. Thoe other apps run directly from the windows shell (or desktop) and integrate smoothly with the look and feel of the OS, SSDS looks like a nightmare from the early days of computing.

@SpectateSwamp said:

SSDS lets you jam the computer like never before. Believe me it's a fun way to compute. Jamming SSDS and Software changes, could be a whole new thread. Few if any newbies know how to hammer the computer like this. Its that Spaghetti code design method maybe. Don't think Do. Do don't think.
    SSDS is a confused mess that even you cannot remember how to use some of the time, you fail to explain screenshots, fail to provide simple instructions and despite your love of videos have failed to provide a video the adequately explains how to use SSDS. If this is a good thing then I will stick with my existing methods that suit me just fine thank you very much.

• Don't think Spenk

@Xyro said:

The Spectate Swamp Jammin Spammin Spaghetti Noodler, would be a sweet name. SSJSSN

not to be confused with Googlin or Blingin

• @SpectateSwamp said:

The Spectate Swamp Jammin Spammin Spaghetti Noodler, would be a sweet name. SSJSSN
    Any name that removes the words desktop and search would improve the accuracy of it anyway.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

SSDS lets you jam the computer like never before. Believe me it's a fun way to compute. Don't think Do. Do don't think.

If by "a fun way to compute", you mean it "causes one to want to bash their head on their desk repeatedly", then sure.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Don't think Do. Do don't think.

I can see you've got the not-thinking part down. I think understanding you requires a dictionary of Swampese.

• Swampies needed at Channel9

@HannahRochelle said:

I can see you've got the not-thinking part down. I think understanding you requires a dictionary of Swampese.

That's it. That's why it's so quiet on the MetaData post. They don't understand me. Or could it be that they are afraid of my Swampies from TDWTF.(I said you'd be visiting). Ole Swampie pretty well has the (final word), (final word) and the (final word) and again over there. Undisputed King and the Big Big Gunner on MetaData because SSDS allows me to have MetaData by the throat. The backgrounder, the randomness, the slooowed print. All covered in Jam.  How could they compare. How could they. The BBG's at Channel9 have fallen so quiet. Too damn quiet. I think there is a country song here somewhere. Just saying...

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@HannahRochelle said:

That's it. That's why it's so quiet on the MetaData post. They don't understand me. Or could it be that they are afraid of my Swampies from TDWTF.(I said you'd be visiting). Ole Swampie pretty well has the (final word), (final word) and the (final word) and again over there. Undisputed King and the Big Big Gunner on MetaData because SSDS allows me to have MetaData by the throat. The backgrounder, the randomness, the slooowed print. All covered in Jam.  How could they compare. How could they. The BBG's at Channel9 have fallen so quiet. Too damn quiet. I think there is a country song here somewhere. Just saying...

I would say it's because you're one can short of a six-pack. And delusional.

• 31 to ZERO Swampie rejected

@HannahRochelle said:

I would say it's because you're one can short of a six-pack. And delusional.

Maybe 31 short of a Six-Pack. Doubt this SlashDot.net submission will get accepted.

Swampie is 31 and ZERO or is that ZERO and 31?

pict on dropshotsMy guess is 32 and Zero

pretty soon the zero's will be winning. They will you know. Go SSDS

•  

@HannahRochelle said:

I would say it's because you're one can short of a six-pack.

You think you make a good joke...

@SpectateSwamp said:

Maybe 31 short of a Six-Pack.

... then you get 30-upped by the butt himself.

It's amazing.

• @dhromed said:

@HannahRochelle said:

I would say it's because you're one can short of a six-pack.

You think you make a good joke...

@SpectateSwamp said:

Maybe 31 short of a Six-Pack.

... then you get 30-upped by the butt himself.

It's amazing.

That's the problem with arguing with someone who is the equivalent of a brick wall.

• 31 And Oh'd by SlashDot.Org

@HannahRochelle said:

That's the problem with arguing with someone who is the equivalent of a brick wall.

Once you are through Your Brick wall HannahRochelleSwamp you have truly found the shortest path to Knowledge and Enlightenment.

Yup this post reminds me of back in the days. When I was Thirty-Oneing to ZEROing those skinny ass - panty waists on the Perfect Perfects video information forums. Then they banished me forever. Never letting me finish my point. I was the BBG of Video. They screamed and screamed as the knowledge started to sink in. They remain so Knowledge deprived to this day.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@HannahRochelle said:

Once you are through Your Brick wall HannahRochelleSwamp you have truly found the shortest path to Knowledge and Enlightenment.

Yup this post reminds me of back in the days. When I was Thirty-Oneing to ZEROing those skinny ass - panty waists on the Perfect Perfects video information forums. Then they banished me forever. Never letting me finish my point. I was the BBG of Video. They screamed and screamed as the knowledge started to sink in. They remain so Knowledge deprived to this day.

wtf?

And what IS your point, exactly? No more than 2 lines, please.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

You never have a point to make though, you flit from random nonsense to totally unrelated random nonsense, never bothering to give coherent (or relevant) replies to anyone who attempts to actually try and understand what you are on about. Additionally you fail to appreciate any other point of view and insist you are always the only person who knows how things must be done, you refuse to learn from anyone else or appreciate that things have moved on in the world of software development, photography, shooting video footage etc. and that your way may no longer (if it ever was) be the best way.

• Channel9 shut out by SSDS

@HannahRochelle said:

wtf? And what IS your point, exactly? No more than 2 lines, please.

Visit this channel9 post for more knowledge and enlightenment re The dumb bastards don't know much about MetaData

• SSDS saves MetaData thread

@spenk said:

You never have a point to make though, you flit from random nonsense to totally unrelated random nonsense, never bothering to give coherent (or relevant) replies to anyone who attempts to actually try and understand what you are on about. Additionally you fail to appreciate any other point of view and insist you are always the only person who knows how things must be done, you refuse to learn from anyone else or appreciate that things have moved on in the world of software development, photography, shooting video footage etc. and that your way may no longer (if it ever was) be the best way.

Yes Yes then again Maybe NO. SpenkSwamp.... 

You just have to come over to the Channel9 thread. Nobody to argue with there on MetaData. Being the only BBG can kill a post.

Help save the MetaData post!!! Go SSDS go

One guy LittleGuruSwamp has shown up to warn them about just bummping this post all the time. Good going LittleGuruSwamp

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Yes Yes then again Maybe NO. SpenkSwamp.... 
    Thanks for clearing that up....@SpectateSwamp said:

You just have to come over to the Channel9 thread. Nobody to argue with there on MetaData. Being the only BBG can kill a post.

Help save the MetaData post!!! Go SSDS go

Doesn't the utter lack of response on that thread indicate noone gives a toss about you or your opinions (ill informed ones at that), the only reason people respond here is that this entire sites raison d'être is to laugh at failures in IT, you are such an obvious failure you give many causes of humour - just don't expect somewhere like Channel9 to respond.

However your idea of keeping meta data seperate from the data is as laughable and ill informed as everything else you express an opinion on.

•  There's nobody to argue with because everybody there has given up. Your a hopeless case, and they really don't care about the various reasons, like what drugs your mother was addicted to or what street trash she had sex with to produce you, (my vote would go for the alley cat, though); or perhaps it was because you were exposed to too much Haskell as a child, or maybe it was those long sessions with your father about how to catch mice that caused you to become so mal-adjusted and inconcievably dull-witted that you actually believe SDSS to do anything the "non-techie" would need it to do, and also that the "non-techie" can figure it our on their own. Such beliefs only exist in your head, where they share your last brain cell with your "extensive" video shooting knowledge - pretty much just "if it doesn't work the first time, play it on a screen and film it again. And of course your ability to catch mice that your father taught you.

For some reason... you just scream "furry conception" to me.

• BC_ProgrammerSwamp helps FREE MetaData with SSDS

@BC_Programmer said:

There's nobody to argue with because everybody there has given up. Your a hopeless case, and they really don't care about the various reasons, like what drugs your mother was addicted to or what street trash she had sex with to produce you, (my vote would go for the alley cat, though); or perhaps it was because you were exposed to too much Haskell as a child, or maybe it was those long sessions with your father about how to catch mice that caused you to become so mal-adjusted and inconcievably dull-witted that you actually believe SDSS to do anything the "non-techie" would need it to do, and also that the "non-techie" can figure it our on their own. Such beliefs only exist in your head, where they share your last brain cell with your "extensive" video shooting knowledge - pretty much just "if it doesn't work the first time, play it on a screen and film it again. And of course your ability to catch mice that your father taught you.

For some reason... you just scream "furry conception" to me.

Where have all the other dumbAsses that used to love arguing gone? Are they worn out, Chicken Scared Afraid NoGuts or what.

come on over and discuss metadata to death. You guys are just good you Know. Woo Hoo SSDS can't be stopped.

Help Free MetaData with SSDS

• LittleGuru threatens truth on the net

What do you do when somebody changes their posts to make me look bad and bait me. Just like what LittleGuru did today. If he is a Mod should he be asked to resign. All his posts removed and banned forever. This shouldn't be allowed. Not if we want a free and honest WEB with such deception?

His above post was removed by who? LittleGuru I suspose.

He was part of getting some of my fav posts locked. I wasn't done with some of them. A lot has come about since with SSDS. Others never had their say. etc etc. A truth inquiry thread maybe.

• Hey Swamp, what's your least favorite part about SSDS?  As in, which area of its functionality do you wish to improve?  We all know there's no such thing as perfect software, and there's no shame in admitting the imperfections in one's own creation.

I ask because any attempt to criticize your masterpiece has come with dismissive/irrelevant/illucid replies by you.  So for the sake of argument and those camelCased Chicken Scared Afraid NoGuts dumbAsses, name a feature of SSDS that makes you wince a little when using it.  What's on your "FIXME" list?

• Swampie loves good questions

@Xyro said:

Hey Swamp, what's your least favorite part about SSDS?  As in, which area of its functionality do you wish to improve?  We all know there's no such thing as perfect software, and there's no shame in admitting the imperfections in one's own creation.

I ask because any attempt to criticize your masterpiece has come with dismissive/irrelevant/illucid replies by you.  So for the sake of argument and those camelCased Chicken Scared Afraid NoGuts dumbAsses, name a feature of SSDS that makes you wince a little when using it.  What's on your "FIXME" list?

Now that's a damn good start. Asking the BBG of search more properly. I don't like the MetaData data extract code I had to add. And would remove it at the drop of a hat. A really big hat.

Newbies should be asking me: "Why the Pauses and Delayed print in SSDS" Oh great Swampie."

Sometimes whey you are jamming it with Text. You need to throttle SSDS back. Printing BIG and sloooow for us poor poor readers.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

What do you do when somebody changes their posts to make me look bad and bait me. Just like what LittleGuru did today. If he is a Mod should he be asked to resign. All his posts removed and banned forever. This shouldn't be allowed. Not if we want a free and honest WEB with such deception?

His above post was removed by who? LittleGuru I suspose.

Quite frankly he was correct - you were doing nothing but bumping your own post with utter crap, I personally wouldn't have tolerated you doing that for half as long on any forum I was a moderator on.
    @SpectateSwamp said:
    He was part of getting some of my fav posts locked. I wasn't done with some of them. A lot has come about since with SSDS. Others never had their say. etc etc. A truth inquiry thread maybe.
    Given your past performance your threads were probably full of self promotional crap (effectively spam), strayed off topic, had poor grammar and spelling and were generally worthless - ideal material for being locked and / or deleted quite frankly.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Now that's a damn good start. Asking the BBG of search more properly. I don't like the MetaData data extract code I had to add. And would remove it at the drop of a hat. A really big hat.
    So you would remove one of the very few things that are actually related to searching! An interesting way to improve an alleged search tool!@SpectateSwamp said:
    Newbies should be asking me: "Why the Pauses and Delayed print in SSDS" Oh great Swampie."
    and this relates to Xyro's question how exactly?You seem to be indicating that new users would be questions why you have included certain features?@SpectateSwamp said:
    Sometimes whey you are jamming it with Text. You need to throttle SSDS back. Printing BIG and sloooow for us poor poor readers.
    That makes no sense you retard.

•  Duplicate post provided free by Community Server

• BBG of MetaData Search is SSDS

@spenk said:

Duplicate post provided free by Community Server

Where what duplicate. Who is removing SpenkSwamp's duplicates

The Big Big Gunner of MetaData Search is the wonderful SSDS

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Go on then, explain what meta data is and exactly what formats you support along with how you keep your search tool in sync with the actual meta data itself. No need to offer videos or talk about random or similar shit to answer this - simple wordswill suffice.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I don't like the MetaData data extract code I had to add. And would remove it at the drop of a hat. A really big hat.
    @SpectateSwamp said:
    wat

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I don't like the MetaData data extract code I had to add. And would remove it at the drop of a hat.

With what would replace it?

• @dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

I don't like the MetaData data extract code I had to add. And would remove it at the drop of a hat.

Noodle, SSDS, Jam, Random, random, random, control.txt, give homeless dvds, jam, spaghetti code, random and Jam at a guess.

• Speed Bump Swampies over at Channel9

@spenk said:

@dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Noodle, SSDS, Jam, Random, random, random, control.txt, give homeless dvds, jam, spaghetti code, random and Jam at a guess.

Good going SpenkSwamp without you and me the Knowledge sharing would have ended a long time ago. Even if everything they are learning from you is wrong. It's better to get that out of the way early in life. Being wrong that is... Again Good Going Spenk

Oh Yeah I told that skinny ass LittleGuru to forget telling me to "not bump this thread" after his disappearing act, there was view count fixing / manipulation. and their own SpeedBumpSwampies. As soon as I posted there was a flurry of activity to the dumbest of posts by these SBS's No more being warned off by LG

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@spenk said:

@dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Good going SpenkSwamp without you and me the Knowledge sharing would have ended a long time ago. Even if everything they are learning from you is wrong. It's better to get that out of the way early in life. Being wrong that is... Again Good Going Spenk

Oh Yeah I told that skinny ass LittleGuru to forget telling me to "not bump this thread" after his disappearing act, there was view count fixing / manipulation. and their own SpeedBumpSwampies. As soon as I posted there was a flurry of activity to the dumbest of posts by these SBS's No more being warned off by LG

So.... you'd replace SSDS's metadata search capability with... Channel9?

Hm.  Oh great SwamPie, in your own words, what is MetaData?  Please be descriptive and OnTopic.

• MetaData MD explained - It's really just text/info/catalog info

@Xyro said:

Hm.  Oh great SwamPie, in your own words, what is MetaData?  Please be descriptive and OnTopic.

MetaData is royal pain in the ass unless you have control over it like SSDS gives me. MetaData is a word that shouldn't exist. Info or text or Catalog data is what it really is. Grep MetaData BooGalooo who cares if all the name does is confuse. re genre should be spelled jaundra. Misleading names only confuse the issue more for the non techie. MetaData SmetaData &%#*

3 things are required to free metadata from the icy grips of the record companies and the software sellers. 2 already exist.

(1) SSDS to get the info/MD out of the mp3 files, to a text file. Ready to play from or update.

(2) Notepad a simple editor to allow you to encode more info in the above text file.

(3) Still looking... A simple uploader that would take the above text file and change the associated .mp3 file info

What ever their data format requirements are for text data, could easily be accomodated

ETL and SSDS what a combo