Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• Randomly play My YouTube Videos

I'm going to create a list of all my URL's on YouTube then randomly select from that file.

This is going to take forever because I have over 3100 videos.

Do any of my swampies know of an easy way to get a list of the URLs

Thanks

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I'm going to create a list of all my URL's on YouTube then randomly select from that file.

This is going to take forever because I have over 3100 videos.

Do any of my swampies know of an easy way to get a list of the URLs

Video your home page on Youtube, then index it with SSDS with each URL manually retyped.

• A more Random Site I never knew!!

@operagost said:

Video your home page on Youtube, then index it with SSDS with each URL manually retyped.

Sometimes even the dumbest idea Works. I'm pretty good at comming up with dumb ideas

Got over 2000 of the 3100 videos on YouTube cataloged.

When they are done... I'll randomly select 5 different videos each day to show off at the beginng of my site.

I'll change the program so that if "URL" is in the name SSDS will randomly return a different url from one of my YouTube Videos every few seconds. This saves the Alt/Tab between secessions. 

Sometimes if you put stuff off long enough, you get a "better idea" I'm good at putting things off. Especially SSDS detractors..

• Swampies have very random sites...

Still quite a few more videos to catalog. Here is the list up to now

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/YOUTUBE_URLS.TXT

My site has 5 new / different videos every day. Along with my Megalith stuff...

• 🚽 Regular

Holy shit you have a lot of videos. Forgive me if you've explained this before. I haven't really paid attention to this thread in about a year or so, but why are each of the URLs preceded with xxx? They aren't xxx videos.

• xxx's and photo

@RHuckster said:

Holy shit you have a lot of videos. Forgive me if you've explained this before. I haven't really paid attention to this thread in about a year or so, but why are each of the URLs preceded with xxx? They aren't xxx videos.

When I do a search for video or audio or pictures. and there isn't a "photo" on line 1 or "xxx." on line 2 I know it's not a one I'm looking for.

That way can mix and match all kinds of stuff in a file. You know how I don't like too many files.

if it has xxx.http: with no // then I know it's a password or other text to put into the clipboard.

Sometime things aren't perfect.

Cheers

• @RHuckster said:

They aren't xxx videos.

You should thank yourself then, a xxx video by spectate would be terrifying, heck his "normal" videos are weird enough

• Dang renaming and cataloging is a big job

I have over 2400 done to date.

Many needed a change to the name. I added sequence numbers #001 #002 to make them unique. All my golf ones needed it. All my Hooded crow needed it. When someone visits my site and sees a clip. It's now possible to find it later if they remember or write down the sequence number. Geez I wish I had done this from the beginning but Oh well. It's good to be stubborn some times.

• Pushing YouTubes limits - it's 3000

Seems my prolific videoing has found another maximum. All I can see is 3000 out of the 3,138. There are 30 per page (0 thru 99)

I have some good stuff at the end that can't be cataloged as easily...

There was some ice flow clips etc..

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U&pi=99   the final page of videos.

Help us YouTube...

I can catalog some of them by doing a YouTube seach below:

"Mcleod river spectateswamp"

and checking some of the early playlists. So don't worry Swampies

• Get rid of the riffraff - leaving pure knowledge

I went through a Major clean up on my PC...

My DVD burner had been flaky for nearly a year. I just purchased an external DVD burner and backed up all my videos. Then put my current data on a USB stick and reloaded my Operating System. Wow it runs like 6 years ago. Memory errors are gone. Way faster... All those non used favorites gone. Just pure important stuff. NO virus no messes. I love my computer again.

I knew there was a problem when the Great SSDS was slow and unresponsive. How simple it is to restore when you have ONE main program and a few other apps like camcorder and external DVD software to reload.

• Perhaps you should extend SSDS to automatically add an index number to each video file.  But then, how to ensure that a file doesn't already have an index number?  Well, if your drive is formatted as NTFS, then you could add a custom file property to each file, indicating the index.  A simple loop parser could read/set the custom "file index" property.  Add to that a file tags property with a pipe delimited list of tags ("GOLF","UFO") Then an even simpler database could allow you to create a searchable menu of all files by tags, returning unique index and file name.

• @Medezark said:

Well, if your drive is formatted as NTFS, then you could add a custom file property to each file, indicating the index.

You're talking to the guy that adds metadata to his text-based index files[1] but cant see the point in MP3 tags or EXIF data.

[1] I also believe he once claimed his text-based index files were bound to be faster than any datadatabase, hence SSRR beats Google/Bing/etc hands-down[2].

[2] SSRR beat Google/Bing by default anyway because they never showed up at the showdown that he refused to organise.

• @Cassidy said:

[2] SSRR beat Google/Bing by default anyway because they never showed up at the showdown that he refused to organise.
    Google and Bing never showed up at the showdown I never organized, either.  What are they afraid of?

• SmartPhones need SSDS otherwise they are Dumb

@Medezark said:

Perhaps you should extend SSDS to automatically add an index number to each video file.  But then, how to ensure that a file doesn't already have an index number?  Well, if your drive is formatted as NTFS, then you could add a custom file property to each file, indicating the index.  A simple loop parser could read/set the custom "file index" property.  Add to that a file tags property with a pipe delimited list of tags ("GOLF","UFO") Then an even simpler database could allow you to create a searchable menu of all files by tags, returning unique index and file name.

The CP copy picture / file does add an index. But I never use it. Having to go to youtube and get the URL's and changing their YouTube names so that people could find all the "winter trapline" videos by searching for that; was BIG when you have over 3 thousand videos. At least for a Geezer who doesn't do much anymore.

I do plan on porting SSDS over to SmartPhones doing it to HTML5 or C++ so it will run on most platforms. CrowdSourcing is an option. The awards can be Tokin Stone copies and t-shirts. Of course I'd need a couple of my Swampies to help build the new app. You'll have to come up to SwampShack and smoke dope.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I do plan on porting SSDS over to SmartPhones doing it to HTML5 or C++ so it will run on most platforms. CrowdSourcing is an option. The awards can be Tokin Stone copies and t-shirts. Of course I'd need a couple of my Swampies to help build the new app. You'll have to come up to SwampShack and smoke dope.

Ok. This explains a lot.

Do you have a documented feature set for "SSDS"?

• Considered Harmful

@Medezark said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Ok. This explains a lot.

Just add a noodle and JAM IT!

• @joe.edwards said:

@Medezark said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Ok. This explains a lot.

Just add a noodle and JAM IT!
    http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/15864/216258.aspx

• Digging up dirt to share

Old Swampie is running in another election. As councilor for Oliver B.C.

I need some suggestions on what the NEW Municipalities Auditor should check for. Because I'm calling for a Civic Audit. That surely won't make me popular. Anyway all ideas would be appreciated.

• Spectate, if you ever come to Argentina I'd vote for you.

How hard is to travel to Canada and sort out all the papering to vote ?

• Sharing Knowledge at the Civic level

@spamcourt said:

Spectate, if you ever come to Argentina I'd vote for you.
    How hard is to travel to Canada and sort out all the papering to vote ?

If you owned land in town and lived in the province you could vote. Better yet why don't you run in your community. It's the only time one can get the real news out to the people. The newspapers can't edit candidates responses to questions. I'll provide a link when mine is up on the net.

Tops on my list to the "Municipality Auditor" Talk to the local WhistleBlower / WatchDog.

Next would be for a Procurement Audit. Then HR audit. That would eliminate Cronyism and Nepotism. Bad ism's must be eliminated.

• Candidate statement link

Half way down is my candidate statement

• The Jam-IT spot - Sharing Knowledge with some urgency

Use it use it lots

It's there in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

When I want to see what this baby will do. I place My most active shortcuts in the upper Right of the display screen. Put a cluster of different auto-run - Swamp MultiMedia apps there. Fire up more than ONE. Jam-it.

Start / Stop is the way to go, when you have a program built around Jamming it like SSDS. Can your MultiMedia app do this?    

I don't think so.

• ClipBoard aware - The next great feature

And it should be an easy one.

I can be in one session and copy a "search string" containing the video or picture I want to display and the SSDS ClipBoard aware feature will pick it up and search and play / display it. How Cool.

Tonight I'll be at a political forum in Oliver B.C. The election of a single councilor to replace the previous one that became a Provincial Elected Member.

The video will posted in the next few days.

• Sometimes you just need Sequential - with a mix of random

A video store wants to display Movie trailer segments mixed in with
    local sports and entertainment along with realestate and for sale ads

The play list is 30 groups of (text video and pictures) which
    run 24X7 in the storefront window. Every 5th item is a random selection
    from their movie trailer (15 seconds). Every 3rd one is a random sporting
    event; in this case local drag races. Included is the display of
    the time and less frequently the Day / Month. 

The initial 30 is a mixture of Weather forecasts, upcoming events and
    cars for sale and realestate ads. The other non marketing events includes
    a local street dance, a retardant bomber fighting a fire, local
    tourist site segments, horoscopes etc.

-----

Sequential is required for the main playlist otherwise the advertisers may not see their ad; not good.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

What's a video store?

• Video stores are getting to be rare

@Lorne Kates said:

What's a video store?

They rent DVD videos and sell older ones.

Maybe they can make a buck or two with the Real Estate ads etc. Hope so.

• MOOCs Buddy - no longer SSDS

What good is any learning without reinforcing it like you can with MOOCs Buddy.

Do a screen capture of the lessons using an app or do a screen reshoot just like Swampy does.

Break those videos up into 2 or 3 minutes long. Then immediately have MB randomly pick those lecture videos and play random 15 or 20 second segments 24X7. Wow MOOCs without it's Buddy. Not so good.
    Google "e-learning is boring" Well not anymore it isn't

For the parts that make genuine points of interest, put some text in front of that clip segment as a question then the video clip followed by maybe more text.

I'm sure that the better MOOC lessons will eventually be taken off-line and be made available as DVD or BlueRay box sets. Just saying.

When you have MOOCs Buddy it will be yours forever, ready to play from your DVD.

See I do listen sometimes (MOOCs Buddy instead of SSDS) But most of the time I'm right.......

• Dude you are simply Awesome. Keep up the Good Work.

• Flaws become Features

@clively said:

Dude you are simply Awesome. Keep up the Good Work.

Dang I haven't made any code changes for a while. But today that changed.

I'm doing short demos on how I use the app (Screen reshoots) When I print large font on the screen it takes the camcorder a line or 2 to get focus. Because nothing is on the screen. A couple years back I had to put in a Blank_screen.jpg to clear those pictures away. Now I want a picture (related to the topic or not) so my camcorder can be focused when I start recording.

Personal Learning app demo #01 12Dec2013 1:17 seconds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVSyWv9p9k
    The above video shows how I use the single line matching to see previous search strings

Personal Learning app demo #02 15Dec2013 1:42 seconds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je4N9CrFYJ0

The 2nd video shows how I use the app to show off some of the video details by playing a segment multiple times and in slow motion.

The next video in this series will show the LARGE text on a picture. So there will be no focus problems. What a feature. Wow.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

The play list is 30 groups of (text video and pictures) which
    run 24X7 in the storefront window. Every 5th item is a random selection
    from their movie trailer (15 seconds). Every 3rd one is a random sporting
    event; in this case local drag races.

So what is the 15th item?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

And it should be an easy one.

I can be in one session and copy a "search string" containing the video or picture I want to display and the SSDS ClipBoard aware feature will pick it up and search and play / display it. How Cool.

Tonight I'll be at a political forum in Oliver B.C. The election of a single councilor to replace the previous one that became a Provincial Elected Member.

The video will posted in the next few days.

LOL

The Face of Insanity

• Santa's gift

@Mike Hunt said:

LOL

The Face of Insanity

If Santa could give you just one program for Christmas this would be it.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/search.exe        The latest version. Still some testing to do...

There are some advantages to getting old. You should see the kids faces when they think I'm Santa. Well worth keeping a beard.

• Who's wrong? - Someone has to be

@Mike Hunt said:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120206062630/http://thestupidestmanonearth.com/

Someone smart enough to judge what is stupid or not; should have no problem countering this argument:

"Nobody Shares Knowledge Better than this"

Don't see anybody countering this threads title.

• Another screen reshoot Demo

It gets blurry at one point. I'll fix that when I do the next video in the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEPloNgSgcM   2:41 seconds

2 examples of how I use Random

I pick 5 different videos each day out of 3300 that I have on youtube. Sites that don't change are boring and not worth a 2nd visit.

2nd example is picking a random search string that I had previously used on google. There are 1460 matches in a 92,000 line file so it takes a couple tries before a match is found.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-2iUmSO_k  2:23 seconds

That last one was just no good. I couldn't stand it. So this replaces it. The change I made got rid of the blurr.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

It gets blurry at one point. I'll fix that when I do the next video in the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEPloNgSgcM   2:41 seconds

2 examples of how I use Random

I pick 5 different videos each day out of 3300 that I have on youtube. Sites that don't change are boring and not worth a 2nd visit.

2nd example is picking a random search string that I had previously used on google. There are 1460 matches in a 92,000 line file so it takes a couple tries before a match is found.

I don't understand the point of any of this.

• Swamp Shack makes learning FUN

@Mike Hunt said:

I don't understand the point of any of this.

The next video will show you how to have fun learning.

Understanding is easy with Swamp video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOopwZ9yOA  Skinning weasel winter trapline #4

Recent comment:

"Just trapped my first weasel! My son will be proud of me. Thanks for sharing, now I can teach my little beaver Indian"

You can bet the kid will pick it up fast given his dad's attitude.

• Cleared that right up, didn't he, Mike?

• I now understand this thread

@bridget99 said:

Cleared that right up, didn't he, Mike?
    I have just encountered new information that clears everything up and explains this thread perfectly.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Mike Hunt said:

I have just encountered new information that clears everything up and explains this thread perfectly.

That's not really new information.

• 🚽 Regular

@Mike Hunt said:

It's already a known fact that he freely does marijuana, likely in large volumes and high frequency.

BTW I'm on my 5th day of starvation from that prior skinning video. Only another 3 days before it exceeds my prior record from the great goatse incident of 1999.

• @RHuckster said:

It's already a known fact that he freely does marijuana, likely in large volumes and high frequency.
    I just assumed he is insane.

• @El_Heffe said:

@RHuckster said:

I just assumed he is insane.

I don't think marijuana use by itself explains everything.  There have to be other issues involved.

• Spreading my Marijuana knowledge

Sorry for ignoring my good friends here. I have been busy chatting about the Colorado Marijuana stuff.

Later today I will get you all clued in on Marijuana. I am very clued in on this topic.

•  Waiting for Clue(s).  Specifically greater knowledge on all of the variations I'm hearing about (Charlotte's Web?  Kush?  Purple Spider Monkey?? WTF???).

• Why the People won this war!

@Medezark said:

Waiting for Clue(s).  Specifically greater knowledge on all of the variations I'm hearing about (Charlotte's Web?  Kush?  Purple Spider Monkey?? WTF???).

The Stoners fought with their hearts, cash and freedom for the Greatest plant on this Planet. THC has been called the Cinderella Molecule for good reason.

Only the Pot heads knew how incredible this plant is and resisted the greatest misinformation / propaganda campaign ever. But We never gave up. Many were brainwashed and now they are starting to come around. If Governments would lie about such an important Medicine what else would they misinform us about. Everything.

The Bad Guys spent Trillions of Dollars and Our side doubled that. That's why some of us are poor. If we could have grown our own. We'd have a ton of money stashed away.

This war was fought and won for the Marijuana Plant and all the future generations who are smart enough to partake in it's blessing. Rejoice.

Sacred ToKin stone going to Colorado to join the revolution

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@Medezark said:

Waiting for Clue(s).  Specifically greater knowledge on all of the variations I'm hearing about (Charlotte's Web?  Kush?  Purple Spider Monkey?? WTF???).

The Stoners fought with their hearts, cash and freedom for the Greatest plant on this Planet. THC has been called the Cinderella Molecule for good reason.

Only the Pot heads knew how incredible this plant is and resisted the greatest misinformation / propaganda campaign ever. But We never gave up. Many were brainwashed and now they are starting to come around. If Governments would lie about such an important Medicine what else would they misinform us about. Everything.

The Bad Guys spent Trillions of Dollars and Our side doubled that. That's why some of us are poor. If we could have grown our own. We'd have a ton of money stashed away.

This war was fought and won for the Marijuana Plant and all the future generations who are smart enough to partake in it's blessing. Rejoice.

Ok, what's with the picture?  Are those rocks?  Can you correlate the picture with your statement, please?

Also, what I was referring to was that I have heard about all of these different strains, supposedly with different "effects"; for example Charlotte's Web has been described as very low THC with high levels of some other cannabanoids and is sued in the treatment of certain types of seizure disorders.  Is there some pharmacopia, listing the strains and their relative medicinal/psychoactive properties?  Is there a strain that makes Viagra look like green M&M's??  Or one that will still make you "feel good" without the, I don't know how to describe it, maybe the "dwerp" factor?

• @Medezark said:

Ok, what's with the picture?  Are those rocks?
    Yes, those are the "famous" medicine stones
    @Medezark said:
    Can you correlate the picture with your statement, please?

Why are you expecting him to make sense? Do you realize who are talking to?

• Prohibitionists are Dumber than Me

Sorry for ignoring my favorite thread.

I have been busy commenting on Marijuana threads. The more I read about those Prohibitionists the madder I get.

I just got to dance the stones again. I have no choice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25854404@N05/9646920805/in/set-72157635338389004

Features:
    ========
    -tip the stone back and touch the ash and it falls inside the rock. It's own ashtray
    -Cup your hand over the Joint chamber to snuff it out
    -You can relight very short roaches without any threat of burns
    -To rid the stone of short short roaches just give a good blow on chamber #2
    -You can give people nose tokes with the stone
    -You can give yourself a nose toke
    -Brass - aluminum ones can be warmed up using hot water and you can toke outside in 20 below weather
    -makes a great foot warmer when heated
    -Metal ones are guaranteed for 1000 years
    -Easily cleaned with a standard tooth brush
    -Indestructible. You could bash your way out through a wall if you had to
    -The Non Brass toke stones can be gently lobbed 5 or 10 feet
    -Put a few drops of menthol on a cotton swab and put that in chamber #2 when you have a sore throat or for flavoring
    -The Toke stone saves marijuana when you handle a joint it changes the air flow causing poor burns
    -You can easily give someone a toke by holding the stone to their lips
    -You can easily pass the joint in the dark. Put it in an open palm
    -At one time You will be holding the 2 most sacred items possible. The ToKin Stone and the sacred Marijuana plant
    -All copies are individually blessed by the Stone Dancer

These features and more make the ToKin stone the perfect tool for smoking the Sacred Marijuana plant!

I'm on indiegogo to get the cash to go to Denver. I hope some of you live near there. I can show you a thing or two

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-great-marijuana-business-opportunity/x/4440681