Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• @SpectateSwamp said:

For the 2nd time in a couple weeks I have made good use of the CP function.

Chris Hansen would like to have a word with you.

@SpectateSwamp said:

So the minor change to the CP function that has a "doall" besides the "Y" and "N" for each picture.

Aah. The good old yes/no/doall triple-state boolean.

• @derula said:

@CodeSimian said:
    Really, if you wanna elevate your game to SpectateSwamp levels of uber-trolling, you have to do better than that.

No offense, but it seemed like a fairly successful trolling attempt to me. You got all enraged and mad, and bridget69 got to some great success. Better still, you knew you were being trolled, yet you allowed it to happen. I bet huge rage tears were shed. Silly Explorer fanboy.

Yeah, it was successful, in the sense that I wasted time writing that post.  Although you are (slightly) trolling me now, I can honestly say I was not enraged or mad, and in no way am I an Explorer fanboy.  (I don't even like Windows 8, BTW.)  A truly successful troll would fool people into thinking he was sincere (), not just annoy them.

() Spectate has bridget99 beaten on everything: (apparent) sincerity, tenacity, and longevity.

As long as bridget99 doesn't mind proving himself to be an even worse human being than SpectateSwamp, I guess he can savour his little victory.  I'll take 1000 "sincere trolls" like SpectateSwamp as opposed to a guy who's obviously intelligent, sane and self-aware enough to see how much of a jackass he is being.

• Jamming it for the next Great cosmic cycle

With your USB stick opened and the random_VIDEOSmix.exe (selected & hi-lited) and the mouse hovering over the upper right hand corner where the shut off X will appear.

Hit ENTER- (starts and plays)

watch text and video (random segments) #1

PRESS the left mouse (hovering over X) to (Stop) the program

Hit ENTER - (starts and plays)

watch the next random grouping #2

PRESS Left Mouse (X) (Stop)

Hit ENTER- (starts and plays)

Watch random grouping #3

PRESS Left Mouse (Stop)

NOBODY can JAM video like this but Us.

Make a 2nd copy; get someone you love jamming it.

Ho ho merry christmas

• .. and what are those instructions for, exactly?

• Jamming it for the next Great cosmic cycle

Download a few demo videos, the search.exe rename it to random_VIDEOSmix.exe AND the text control file. Then jamming wildly away......

• Providing more instructions still doesn't answer my question...

• One Hand Jamming it - second hand videoing.

I'll do a screen reshoot. It's easy to have the thumb on the mouse click and the little finger over the enter. No problem shooting video with the Left. Yup a screen reshoot of video jamming; will explain it all.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I'll do a screen reshoot. It's easy to have the thumb on the mouse click and the little finger over the enter. No problem shooting video with the Left. Yup a screen reshoot of video jamming; will explain it all.

You can probably work your big toes in there if you need to.

• Bill Steve and SpectateSwamp - Spammers all

When the bigshots talk about their software and equipment, do they get branded as Spammers like I do. Nope.

If I wasn't the author of this incredible app. Would my comments be labeled as spam. Nope. Hint hint Swampies

If I bragged up software and hardware that I knew nothing about would they ban me as a spammer. Nope.

Should I take this personally and use The Medicine Stones to seek revenge? Nope.

The Sacred Medicine Stones

What's the agenda of mods? (other than here) Should I blog and bash them about it? Yup. I'm not going to take it anymore.

• Swampie, I don't know who Bill Steve is, but he has two frist names. I don't trust people with two first names.

You should start a blog over on blogspot and call out everyone with two frist names that has called you a spammer.

Clearly the world isn't a civilized as we are over here at TDWTF. That's why we're all so popular and likable.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

The Sacred Medicine Stones

Yup, providing a photo properly answers my question. Explains everything.

• New ideas for sharing Knowledge - Got any?

@PSWorx said:

@Gazzonyx said:
    You should start a blog over on blogspot
    You're aware he did that already? And boy, does he know how to blog!

BlogSpot doesn't discriminate. Yet.

I've had a lull since the LARGE text followed by Video feature. I love it. Random and all. But what's next? What do you Swampies think would be a great feature. I might try displaying the large font at the bottom of the screen when the video is playing - subtitling / closed captioning?

I have a ton of "todo" items listed over the years. I'll check through those as well.

It's getting dang hard to improve on almost perfect. Thanks for your suggestions in advance... 

• @SpectateSwamp said:

But what's next?

@SpectateSwamp said:

I have a ton of "todo" items listed over the years.

Done...

• I love the medicine stone on the right... there is so much wisdom in its expression. I would be tempted to shove it into my ass but also wary of the cosmic revenge that might result.

• @bridget99 said:

I love the medicine stone on the right... there is so much wisdom in its expression. I would be tempted to shove it into my ass but also wary of the cosmic revenge that might result.

Well, ass cramming is as good as any other proof of validity I have heard of... however let us know if swampie is a troll or not (or even real or not).

• Google Catches Faster than Light UFO Cotton Ball!

I took a business trip to Providence a little while ago to attend a conference, and went to Google to get directions to the convention center. Right on Google Maps it had this mysterious object that would spook any white hooded crow that was nearby.

See that white thing floating in the center?

What could it be? When I went to the location, I didn't see it up in the sky, so it had to have disappeared after Google Street View took it. It kind of looks like a cotton ball, but I want SpectateSwamp's expert advice.

• @CodeSimian said:

Okay, I'll bite.  Exactly which of your Explorer keyboard shortcuts have disappeared?

I used to like to hit ALT+V, then O, then U to go up a level in Explorer.

• @serguey123 said:

@bridget99 said:
    I love the medicine stone on the right... there is so much wisdom in its expression. I would be tempted to shove it into my ass but also wary of the cosmic revenge that might result.

Well, ass cramming is as good as any other proof of validity I have heard of... however let us know if swampie is a troll or not (or even real or not).

Most of his crap seems authentic. The exception that comes to mind is his encryption scheme (really a form of steganography at best) in which "a" is replaced with "this forum needs more clues" and "the" is replaced with "desktop search is great." That's really not encryption at all, and he must realize this. However, I don't think that makes him a troll in the overall sense; he was just being facetious.

• @RHuckster said:

What could it be?

• Video Annotations - Before After and during the Video

Good going RHucksterSwamp you are very observant. Wow that building doesn't look at all stable?

That's what I videoed. Wilbur Allen has been shooting still pictures of those cloaked objects at ufodc.com

http://archive.org/details/demo76-pict13   Video is much better than pictures. Especially when one of the Thunder and Lightning bugs comes right up to it.

People laughed and laughed a thousand comments back about my use of blank_screen.jpg. At the time I didn't like the background from the last video showing up when I was displaying text from a background job. Now I'll use background jobs to display the text on top of the video. What a feature that is. I would still like to do the text on top of the video without having to call another task. But it's OK for now. So you can expect another screen reshoot showing off this Hidden feature.

Video without commentary / captioning soon loses relevance.

He who laughs last laughs loudest. Ho ho ho. Haw haw.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Wow that building doesn't look at all stable?

I wonder if it has to do with the cotton ball of death that's beside it. It looked fine when I got there. It's actually a hotel, which I stayed in, so it was fine.

Providence actually has a few skyscrapers in it... more than I actually thought, so perhaps we should all go onto Street View and search for more cotton balls and melting buildings!

• @RHuckster said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
    Wow that building doesn't look at all stable?

I wonder if it has to do with the cotton ball of death that's beside it. It looked fine when I got there.

No it's just light distortion from the shockwaves coming from that cotton ball.

Although it takes a pretty hefty pulse to distort air like that so I'm wondering how that picture was taken.

• @bridget99 said:

@CodeSimian said:
    Okay, I'll bite.  Exactly which of your Explorer keyboard shortcuts have disappeared?

Well, okay, you got me there. The new shortcut, Alt-UP, does seem more efficient, although it is undeniably something new to learn.

(Successfully trolled again. Or not.)

• @CodeSimian said:

@bridget99 said:
    @CodeSimian said:

Well, okay, you got me there. The new shortcut, Alt-UP, does seem more efficient, although it is undeniably something new to learn.

Er... Ever try backspace?

• @GiskardReventlov said:

@CodeSimian said:
    @bridget99 said:
    @CodeSimian said:
    Okay, I'll bite.  Exactly which of your Explorer leopard shortcuts have disappeared?

Backspace goes back in navigation history, which isn't necessarily the same as to go up a level.

• @derula said:

@GiskardReventlov said:
    @CodeSimian said:
    @bridget99 said:
    @CodeSimian said:
    Okay, I'll bite.  Exactly which of your Explorer leopard shortcuts have disappeared?

Backspace goes back in navigation history, which isn't necessarily the same as to go up a level.

Wow... I never noticed that... I habitually always keep my navigation path the same as my absolute path so that my mouse back button is always up, as a result it appeared to always mean up to me. Thanks

• @Giskard said:

@derula said:

Wow... I never noticed that... I habitually always keep my navigation path the same as my absolute path so that my mouse back button is always up, as a result it appeared to always mean up to me. Thanks

Incidentally, this is why users rightfully complained when Microsoft got rid of the Up button in Windows Vista (and 7). (Microsoft explained that users were supposed to use the breadcrumbs instead. I guess users complained loudly enough, because the Up button is back in Windows 8.)

You can restore the Up button to Vista/7 by installing Classic Shell.

• Sharing Political Knowledge

I got the paper work and am signing up people (75) so I can represent the citizens here in the next provincial election. Some time in May. Total Transparency is my platform. I'll be doing my initial video today, followed by many more campaign promises; during the run up to the election. Random questions for my opponents. WARNING***  If open transparent politics scare you. Then stay away from my site and youtube channel.

• http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/8159/165576.aspx#165576

@SpectateSwamp said:

You are right that I am incapable of running for office. The only
    promise I made the people of Yellowhead was that I would never run again
    for anything. That was my first and last shot at anything political. I
    keep my promises. I am looking for new YellowHeads that I can support.
    They can run where ever they like. One term limit and honesty are the
    only requirements.

• @CodeSimian said:

http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/8159/165576.aspx#165576

@SpectateSwamp said:

You are right that I am incapable of running for office. The only
    promise I made the people of Yellowhead was that I would never run again
    for anything. That was my first and last shot at anything political. I
    keep my promises. I am looking for new YellowHeads that I can support.
    They can run where ever they like. One term limit and honesty are the
    only requirements.

Ignoring past promises seems like the most important qualification for politicians. It's obvious that nobody wants an honest, dependable elected official!

• Fighting this Election - Not running for or from anything

@boomzilla said:

@CodeSimian said:

http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/8159/165576.aspx#165576

@SpectateSwamp said:

You are right that I am incapable of running for office. The only promise I made the people of Yellowhead was that I would never run again for anything. That was my first and last shot at anything political. I keep my promises. I am looking for new YellowHeads that I can support. They can run where ever they like. One term limit and honesty are the only requirements.

Ignoring past promises seems like the most important qualification for politicians. It's obvious that nobody wants an honest, dependable elected official!

Fighting the election of career politicians and corruption. Not really running. My chances aren't that good.

It's time to get after the election stealing pros. I'm in attack mode. I'll be posting some questions for the competition as well as promises to the citizens. There has been a bit of a scandal already. Two candidates have resigned. Very good for me... And the independent people of Boundary Similkameen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY0ThOBjiIU

• @boomzilla said:

Ignoring past posts seems quite commonplace for SpectateSwamp

FTFY...

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Not really running. My chances aren't that good.

@SpectateSwamp said:

There has been a bit of a scandal already. Two candidates have resigned. Very good for me...

???

•  @SpectateSwamp said:

Not really running.

@Doug Pederson said:

I know I will be running in the next election as an independent.

• @CodeSimian said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Not really running. My chances aren't that good.
    @SpectateSwamp said:
    There has been a bit of a scandal already. Two candidates have resigned. Very good for me...

???

Hey, all the most successful politicians have had at least two scandals under their belt. Spectate's halfway there.

•  No, I meant that he's contradicting himself in the same post, as usual.

• @CodeSimian said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Not really running.

http://www.osoyoostimes.com/news/2012/09/12/mla-slater-will-announce-his-political-intentions-in-the-next-couple-of-weeks/

@Doug Pederson said:

I know I will be running in the next election as an independent.

Hopefully there are enough Peder-philes out there to make this work.

• Knowledge Sharing isn't what Governments do

Secrecy and Propaganda is the order of the day. Till now.
    A more transparent politician there will never be. 

Here is the most current list of questions, I want to hit the other candidates with.
    Hopefully there will be many more flooding in.

Do try this before the next election

Download my 2 files and the MicroSoft app onto a USB stick;

rename the search.exe to random_MLA_VIDEOSmix.exe

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/random_MLA_VIDEOSmix.TXT
    http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/search.exe
    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files.php/dllfiles/M/msvbvm50.dll/download.html 

Click and away it goes RANDOMLY displaying very tough random questions.

Or visit this link:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/mla_questions.htm

If you have tough questions you'd like to see added to this list, please post them...

Swampies in all elections should start pressing their representatives with RANDOM questions. Questions that the Chamber of Commerce or Electoral College would never ASK...

I currently have over 60 of the required 75 signatures... Registered political party candidates don't have this requirement. 

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I currently have over 60 of the required 75 signatures... Registered political party candidates don't have this requirement. 

Just curious, when someone signs, do you append "Swamp" to their name as you thank them just like you do here?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Click and away it goes RANDOMLY displaying very tough random questions.

So random you'll be questions asking? Hatstand, banana battery stable!

@SpectateSwamp said:

Or visit this link: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/mla_questions.htm

Completely blank page. Definitely transparent.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Or visit this link:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/mla_questions.htm

Once again you've given us a link to a page which is blank in Firefox and Chrome, but not in IE.  The reason is exactly the same as last time: your page is just one big unterminated HTML comment.

You really don't learn, do you?  (I sure don't, since I'm still replying in this thread....)

To save you the trouble, here's the problematic line:

<!-- saved from url=(0053)http://www.telusplanet.net/

The issue is that you seem to have manually chopped off the end of that line (maybe so we can't see the original URL), but you didn't realize that the part you got rid of contains an end-of-comment marker ("-->").   Unfortunately, without that end-of-comment marker, your whole page disappears.  Are you gonna do this every time?

Also, you still haven't justified breaking your promise from all those years ago.

The only promise I made the people of Yellowhead was that I would never run again for anything. That was my first and last shot at anything political. I keep my promises.

Forget your BS semantics about the use of the word "running" (you sure love your puns, though), and whether or not you have a chance.  "That was my first and last shot at anything political" and "I keep my promises" seem like plain English to me, and by breaking such a simple promise, you've shown yourself to be not much better than the supposedly corrupt politicians you're always railing against.

So here's my question for you: Why should anyone, including voters and forum members, take you seriously when you can't even keep a simple promise?

• @CodeSimian said:

So here's my question for you: Why should anyone, including voters and forum members, take you seriously when you can't even keep a simple promise?

Don't be so mean. I'm sure he just forgot about that promise.

• @CodeSimian said:

Why should anyone, including voters and forum members, take you seriously

.. wait... someone DOES take him seriously?

• @Cassidy said:

@CodeSimian said:

Why should anyone, including voters and forum members, take you seriously

.. wait... someone DOES take him seriously?

VB5 user's groups

• Sharing knowledge about other challengers

One of My competition on 14May2013 is a Career Politician.

I have a list of knocks on those types. And I don't want to miss any attack points.

Share any of your "Career Politicians" are so bad they ??

Next up will be a GMO Monsanto / CropLife apologist

Being Indepentent I can attack candidates outside my riding. I.E. Everybody.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I have a list of knocks on those types. And I don't want to miss any attack points.

David Vitter's the name, soilin' diapers is the game.

It's widely reported that Diaper Dave was paying matronly brunettes to do SOMETHING. For the details, you've got to either ask a local or read the comments in addition to the article.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE YOU RETARD

@SpectateSwamp said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

• @derula said:

It was his April fool's joke and you fell for it.

• @Cassidy said:

@derula said:

It was his April fool's joke and you fell for it.

1,241 days and counting.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.