Its Time to test of cites, coming very soon… please bee patients.

•  This is the official website of one of the municipalities of Macedonian capital in English. Enough said....!

http://www.opstinabutel.com/default_uk.htm

•  TRWTF is slavs calling themselves Macedonians. If that's the capital of Macedonia, then I'm declaring the city I live in the capital of Europe.

•  No, TRWTF is neo-nazis calling Macedonians slavs. End of story!

• BREAKING NEWS, breaking news, BREAKING NEWS

This just in: YOU'RE English is suck

•  The all-too-prevalent WTF is a municipality putting its official governmental site in a .com domain, implying that they're a commercial entity.

• Aside from the already mentioned issues, there's one that only becomes apparent upon mousing over any of the links. I'll let the CSS speak for itself:

<style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Tahoma; text-decoration: overline blink; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold} </style>

Yes, that's right. In browsers that support that attribute, the links blink when you mouse over them. No wonder it's "best viewed by Internet Explorer 7".

Edited to add: Oh, the Macedonian page is just as bad. They appear to have coded it for some proprietary Latin-encoded Cyrillic font that practically nobody is going to have on their computer... despite the title tag being in perfectly good Cyrillic Unicode.

• Layers of lying

The TRWTF is that the author fakes credibility by claiming to be nominated for the World's Best Website award but the awarder's website also sucks (just not quite so much). The author can't even find an example of good design.

• @codeman38 said:

Aside from the already mentioned issues, there's one that only becomes apparent upon mousing over any of the links. I'll let the CSS speak for itself:

<style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Tahoma; text-decoration: overline blink; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold} </style>

Yes, that's right. In browsers that support that attribute, the links blink when you mouse over them. No wonder it's "best viewed by Internet Explorer 7".

Edited to add: Oh, the Macedonian page is just as bad. They appear to have coded it for some proprietary Latin-encoded Cyrillic font that practically nobody is going to have on their computer... despite the title tag being in perfectly good Cyrillic Unicode.

IE: the anti-blink.

• This page is much worse:

http://www.opstinabutel.com/Skopje_mkd.htm

• @warmachine said:

The TRWTF is that the author fakes credibility by claiming to be nominated for the World's Best Website award but the awarder's website also sucks (just not quite so much).
    It's almost as if Geocities lives on!

• Macedonian page is written in YUSCII. You had to use special YUSCII fonts to normally view and edit documents written in it, and I remember Word macros written for conversion between YUSCII and other code pages. I am so happy unicode is now so spread, but apparently some people still live in the last century :/
    Also, I think maybe the "web designer" that made that webpage is probably the one responsible for the attrocious english. I doubt the mayor has time to make a webpage.
    <3 the blinky links :)

• This looks like something Sacha Baron Cohen would have created.

Edit: take a look at some of the "Winners" of the best web design awards:

The very first one is this awful flash thing that takes 5-10 seconds just to load the splash page, which is another 5-10 seconds before they begin to tell you what they do.

• @dtobias said:

The all-too-prevalent WTF is a municipality putting its official governmental site in a .com domain, implying that they're a commercial entity.

And what's wrong with that? Particularly for "governmental sites" (such as the one [url=http://www.korea-dpr.com/]here[/url]) which are used partly to conduct commercial operations, such as selling souvenirs?

The real WTF is IANA creating .com and .net and .biz and all of the other pointless TLDs which serve no purpose other than to make it harder to remember URLs.

• @_moz said:

@dtobias said:

The all-too-prevalent WTF is a municipality putting its official governmental site in a .com domain, implying that they're a commercial entity.

And what's wrong with that? Particularly for "governmental sites" (such as the one here) which are used partly to conduct commercial operations, such as selling souvenirs?

The real WTF is IANA creating .com and .net and .biz and all of the other pointless TLDs which serve no purpose other than to make it harder to remember URLs.

Bingo.  The TLDs are largely pointless and there's no WTF in grabbing a .com, no matter what you are using the domain for.  TRWTF is idiots who get all pissy because nobody in their right minds wants to lock themselves into some obscure TLD just to abide by IANA's schizophrenic attempt to micro-categorize every last bit of the Internet.

• @morbiuswilters said:

TRWTF is idiots who get all pissy because nobody in their right minds wants to lock themselves into some obscure TLD just to abide by IANA's schizophrenic attempt to micro-categorize every last bit of the Internet.
    In other news, the .morb domain is probably available. 

Just think: ihate.morb, ilove.morb, and iwanttodancelike.morb

• @belgariontheking said:

@morbiuswilters said:

TRWTF is idiots who get all pissy because nobody in their right minds wants to lock themselves into some obscure TLD just to abide by IANA's schizophrenic attempt to micro-categorize every last bit of the Internet.
    In other news, the .morb domain is probably available. 

Just think: ihate.morb, ilove.morb, and iwanttodancelike.morb

or WTFisa.morb