How often should I save?

• Ever since upgrading to Solidworks 2010, I am constantly bombarded with this popup...I'm not sure how often it wants me to save, but I thought after every command I do would have been often enough.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

• If you have not compulsively hit the ctrl+s accidentally saving your web page at least 30 times while filling out an online form, your save instinct is not yet fully developed.

• @astonerbum said:

If you have not compulsively hit the ctrl+s accidentally saving your web page at least 30 times while filling out an online form, your save instinct is not yet fully developed.

Gah! I do that all the time and it's really annoying.

Does anyone know of a way to change the shortcut keys* in Firefox so that Ctrl-S does nothing? I really don't need to save webpages all that often.

* Preferably without hexediting .exe files etc. - that's kinda hard to keep up to date.

1. Roll 2 d10
    2. repeat step 1 until double zero
    3. goto step 1

• @aihtdikh said:

Gah! I do that all the time and it's really annoying.

Does anyone know of a way to change the shortcut keys* in Firefox so that Ctrl-S does nothing? I really don't need to save webpages all that often.

* Preferably without hexediting .exe files etc. - that's kinda hard to keep up to date.

Unlikely:

@http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts said:

Configuring keyboard shortcuts

Firefox does not provide any method of customizing keyboard shortcuts.

• @DescentJS said:

Try this:

Keyconfig Extension

Using it for FireFox

That's the one that came up when I asked Google, however the second link would appear to indicate (by omission) that Ctrl-S cannot be overridden.

• @ctardi said:

Ever since upgrading to Solidworks 2010, I am constantly bombarded with this popup...I'm not sure how often it wants me to save, but I thought after every command I do would have been often enough.

I would suggest a new 30" monitor running at 3840x2400 so that the popup is unobtrusively small...Or perhaps some OCD medication.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.